When does the excitement kick in for you?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Well guys, Mrs Mergatroid and I fly out on Wednesday for 3 weeks in Orlando and the excitement has really kicked in with just over a day to go. We've been going every year for the last 11 years (I've been going for the last 36 years) and yet we/I still get excited. The packing is done and even though I'm working tomorrow I feel the holiday has started and I'm already getting random flash backs of memories of being in Disney and the feeling of pure escapism that brings.

I've been looking forward to it for weeks but I would say the day or so before mark is where the real excitement kicks in for me and I can't wait. Is this the same for most of you or does it start earlier or later?

Mr_Incredible

We have been doing the normal countdowns, music listening, planning etc, we are leaving Friday and to be honest......I find it very hard to even work right now. I am doing nothing but posting here, counting down the seconds and waiting sooooo impatiently to get on the road and be HOME.

I sent my fax to POR today to request building 16. And we are all packed. Nothing but time standing in our way now, and we are THRILLED!!!

mergatroid

Original Poster
We have been doing the normal countdowns, music listening, planning etc, we are leaving Friday and to be honest......I find it very hard to even work right now. I am doing nothing but posting here, counting down the seconds and waiting sooooo impatiently to get on the road and be HOME.

I sent my fax to POR today to request building 16. And we are all packed. Nothing but time standing in our way now, and we are THRILLED!!!

Love Port Orleans Resort my friend, you're very lucky. Enjoy the trip :)

DizneyPryncess

I get excited right away, when DH gives me the 'ok' to start planning a trip. It gets even more exciting when we book the trip & make the ADR's. Then when we start getting little things in the mail about our trip from Disney, it gets more & more real. I'd say when we actually are driving under the WDW sign, the reality that we're there really kicks in! It just builds up for me from day 1 of planning. =-)

We're counting down the days til our November trip, which will be our DD's first trip. I can safely say I've never been more excited for a trip than I am for this one!

bethymouse

One of my colleagues asked me today if I was still going to Disney because I hadn't been talking about it. I told her I was, and I was just keeping quiet because I know people get tired hearing about my trip.:( That's why I love you all so much! You all understand.:) I am counting down! 14 days now! I get excited when the "Mickey Mail" comes!:D

Mr_Incredible

One of my colleagues asked me today if I was still going to Disney because I hadn't been talking about it. I told her I was, and I was just keeping quiet because I know people get tired hearing about my trip.:( That's why I love you all so much! You all understand.:) I am counting down! 14 days now! I get excited when the "Mickey Mail" comes!:D
My work people got tired of it, but now I have them all knowing my countdown, telling me "you can make it" etc. They know how much this trip means to me and my family, and they know the excitement in me is bursting at the seams! I can't believe I will wake up tomorrow and be 3 days out. So pumped!!!

Tinkerbella16

As soon as I book my trip!!! But I seriously can't believe that was almost over 6 months ago and I am leaving in 12 days! It's all I can think about!!!!! The days fly by for me since I am constantly busy at work so I have nothing to worry about there.. I just want the trip to go as slow as possible! I am so so so excited!!!!! :D

OKWBamaJim

I never left.............LOL! If you really follow Walt, you never get tired of the dream.....it's still humid and rainy but we are seeing little hints that Fall is right around the corner. I love hearing the excitement from the guests before they arrive, I am sometimes jealous. BUUUUUUTTT, I would never give up the opportunity I have had being here and being backstage.....

Hope all has a great trip. Please bring money, we are still happy to take it...LOL!!

-Bama Jim

Tinkerbella16

My work people got tired of it, but now I have them all knowing my countdown, telling me "you can make it" etc. They know how much this trip means to me and my family, and they know the excitement in me is bursting at the seams! I can't believe I will wake up tomorrow and be 3 days out. So pumped!!!

Isn't is just an awesome feeling? There is nothing like the day before you go either.. I said this in another thread.. it is like I am in a dream the day before I am set to leave for Disney! No other place can make me feel that way! :D

Mr_Incredible

Isn't is just an awesome feeling? There is nothing like the day before you go either.. I said this in another thread.. it is like I am in a dream the day before I am set to leave for Disney! No other place can make me feel that way! :D
Someone asked me today "Chris, you've been to disney a hundred times why are you this excited?"

I got teary eyed, I told them..."My first trip to a moederate resort, usually value or cheap offsite. My son is 4 1/2, its the longest trip we ever had, 10 days 9 nights, we have free dining, taking my kids to resturants, in those hundreds of times I went as a kid, I could only dream of going to." she understood right then.

I used to be that kid, in the monorail, passing through contemporary, looking down at chef mickeys pointing and screaming at every character I saw, wishing I could do that. Fast forward, I am 25, my son is 4.....and when we go to Chef mickeys next week, it will be my sons 2nd trip, and my 2nd trip. THATS why it means so much. To be able to give my kids the trip of a lifetime, it means everything. It means more than being a kid and enjoying the time and memories. Don't get me wrong, I have memories till the day I die from my trips to disney as a kid, I love it, it built the love I have now. But there is NOTHING that tops providing that greatness to your children. I cant wait to see his face. It brings tears to my eyes thinking of it.

Mr_Incredible

A big moment for me, is always seeing the castle as I walk towards main street...Ill never forget when I took my son, I sprinted to main street ahead of my wife pushing him in the stroller, with the video camera rolling, turned my back to this castle that means everything to me, just so I could get the VERY MOMENT my son saw that iconic castle for the first time in person on tape. My personal feelings were back burner, it was all about him, and worth every second!!!!

Tinkerbella16

Someone asked me today "Chris, you've been to disney a hundred times why are you this excited?"

I got teary eyed, I told them..."My first trip to a moederate resort, usually value or cheap offsite. My son is 4 1/2, its the longest trip we ever had, 10 days 9 nights, we have free dining, taking my kids to resturants, in those hundreds of times I went as a kid, I could only dream of going to." she understood right then.

I used to be that kid, in the monorail, passing through contemporary, looking down at chef mickeys pointing and screaming at every character I saw, wishing I could do that. Fast forward, I am 25, my son is 4.....and when we go to Chef mickeys next week, it will be my sons 2nd trip, and my 2nd trip. THATS why it means so much. To be able to give my kids the trip of a lifetime, it means everything. It means more than being a kid and enjoying the time and memories. Don't get me wrong, I have memories till the day I die from my trips to disney as a kid, I love it, it built the love I have now. But there is NOTHING that tops providing that greatness to your children. I cant wait to see his face. It brings tears to my eyes thinking of it.

That is truly amazing! I hope you have a magical trip with your son! I don't have kids yet, but when I do, I already know they will be going every year just like I did when I was a kid. I really don't think anything can match up to going to WDW and seeing everything through your kids eyes and making it magical for them.

Goofnut1980

It never ends! As soon as I get home, the next trip is already planned. I get to start the countdown, listening to music and watching dvd's all over again!!!! yay

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom