When Does Parking Turn Free?

melflip8

Hi...I'm heading to MVMCP tomorrow (yay!) if I'm heading in at 4pm...anyone know if parking turns free then? Or am I shelling out the $12 bucks? I'm not staying on property...

Cmdr_Crimson

I hope I'm correct on this here.....
If you stayed on WDW property and used your car you could get a parking pass for the length of your stay. All you do is go to the lobby and mention your using your car and they will give you a pass you show at the gate to park....

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I hope I'm correct on this here.....
If you stayed on WDW property and used your car you could get a parking pass for the length of your stay. All you do is go to the lobby and mention your using your car and they will give you a pass you show at the gate to park....

Not quite. If you're staying on-property, you're given a pass when you first check-in. To be more precise, they ask if you have a car, and if you do, THEN you're given a pass. For the duration of your stay, you leave the pass on your dashboard, and you can park anywhere on-property (that's available for the general public, and not valet) for free. Information is on the pass to denote the type of car in which it's meant to be used (in case someone steals it or you loan it to a friend staying off-property) and the expiration date, which is your check-out date and is valid that entire day until everything closes, NOT when you check-out.

But it's a moo point (you know, like a cow's opinion, it doesn't mean anything, it's MOO) because the OP is not staying on-property, so a 12 dollar parking fee would apply.

Upvote 0

MissM

They charge parking for special events even to people with APs. It's happened many a time. The free parking for AP holders is for normal day attendance only - NOT for special events. Of course, if you got in early enough with an AP you could probably get away with getting free parking, but, people have reported numerous times having to pay for Party parking despite being a Passholder. :(

But yeah, parking never gets free at MK. I've seen Epcot stop collecting at 4pm, but I've never seen MK stop collecting.

Upvote 0

colliera

Lot congestion

Another reason Downtown Disney lots are congested. People will park there and take the bus into the MK. Special event or not.

I haven't seen the MK lot "full" in years so there's space and during a special event even more so. It's ashame they don't have a free parking after a certain time in the PM like USF does for their events and City Walk.

Upvote 0

hardcard

Another reason Downtown Disney lots are congested. People will park there and take the bus into the MK. Special event or not.

I haven't seen the MK lot "full" in years so there's space and during a special event even more so. It's ashame they don't have a free parking after a certain time in the PM like USF does for their events and City Walk.

It's never free...They need your money! If there is a "special event" in the evening they will be there to collect:eek:

Yes they do... I've been the MK, Epcot, and AK multiple times in the past few months and there has been no one at any of the toll booths and just a sign to 'continue into the parking lot'..

Never seen it at Studios however... :veryconfu

I've seen Magic Kingdoms lot marked 'full' on the signs within the past few months as well..
and for what it's worth.. There are no buses from Downtown to the parks.. to try and stymie that very issue... But people still hop to a resort first, then go to the park..

Solution? I dunno.. Charging to park at downtown disney isn't a good practice, unless of course you make someone validate once they get there.. but thats a big hassle too..

Also, I've NEVER paid for parking at a MK special event as an AP Holder... EVER.. Combine that with the fact that I generally get to the park BEFORE it closes, to enjoy every minute that I am paying extra for, and that could be why.. but beyond that, I never pay to park..

Upvote 0

TheDisneyMagic

We have only been charged once for MVMCP parking after showing our Anual Pass, we went straight guest relations and they were happy to refund it once they saw our Anual Pass.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom