When do you think Disney will start selling annual passes again?

MickeyMind

Original Poster
I am a local, and would love to get back into the parks again. Unfortunately I really cant justify spending $109 for just 1 day at 1 park. When do you think Disney will start selling the annual passes to florida residents again?

In the meantime Universal has really been my escape. Became a passholder a couple of weeks ago and its really filling that theme park void in my heart lol. But I miss Disney and really want to get back to my true happy place.

ppete1975

Hopefully never. Ap is such a odd situation. Its great for the aps. And locals would never pay full price to go as much as they do. But during quarantine i have been watching so much youtube. Several of the people have stated they go “every day” to film content. So although it would hugely off aps, crowds would go down so much without them. Im not trying to be rude, im just looking at crowds. Maybe make an ap where you are just buying a discount so you still have to pay to get in. Maybe an ap includes 20 days free then 30-40 dollars a day after.

ppete1975

It's funny you mention that because I just got done watching a video of the blonde girl from AllEars.net saying the same thing about herself and that she gets paid to do it too!
HA thats one of them!!! I just dont think that was the original intent for the AP, it was for family and people that lived close and wanted to go a couple of times a month or take visiting family.

tanc

When the price increased there was no way I would buy it. It's like $1000+ now for one when they used to be $800, but due to Star Wars I think the price shot up dramatically.

I think it's a good idea if you're a local but for out of state unless you are given tons of vacation time, I don't see how it is worth it unless you are close to Florida.

RememberWhen

I’m really hoping they open them up again soon. We’re not local, but we’re DVC and have a reservation in December. We need to upgrade our passes (which should cost about $800) and the CMs keep suggesting I buy day tickets (cost about $2500). If they don’t open up in the next couple months we’ll have to change our reservations. I can’t bring two kids to Disney only to not be able to go into the parks.

Raxel7851

We were able to renew our AP on June 20th. We’re not local, but we’re retired and visit probably 4 times a year. I agree they got expensive rather quickly and it’s getter harder to justify spending that much $$$$ on them. We take it year to year.

davidcyndi

I think they will bring the ap back once Covid is more manageable, meaning no lockdowns or mask orders.

I’m all for keeping crowds down so the exp is much more enjoyable. I am out of state and visit 3 times a year for 1 week each visit. I wish they would raise ap to 3k$ per ap and 300$ Per one day ticket. That should keep the attendance lower to where they could cap it at 30-40%. Also they should double the cost for one night at a resort. Bring fast pass back to what it was before Covid.

Goofnut1980

I just renewed my gold AP on Monday. Was easy and painless. We have an April trip and our passes expire in March. She let me renew and I could make my 4 park days for April. They took the $1300 for the two passes reallllllll quick.

Scooter

When the price increased there was no way I would buy it. It's like $1000+ now for one when they used to be $800, but due to Star Wars I think the price shot up dramatically.

I think it's a good idea if you're a local but for out of state unless you are given tons of vacation time, I don't see how it is worth it unless you are close to Florida.
I live in Illinois and have crunched all the numbers and if we go twice a year for a week each trip we save money. not to mention the discounts in the gift shops.

tanc

I live in Illinois and have crunched all the numbers and if we go twice a year for a week each trip we save money. not to mention the discounts in the gift shops.

for me not being able to use park hopper right now detracts from the pass. Staying at a park like AK for 10 hours would be so boring to me. Especially since there's no live shows or anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The prices were jacked because they could...and they had tested it earlier in Anaheim.

That said...they still work out better than a ridiculous $120 a day a pop.

But the future is a little murky. Who knows when, what or IF they start selling them again outside of Florida...

Hºoºwie

When the AP price increase went through the roof a year or so ago July IIRC and they went from 800+ to 1K+, I purchased 4 Platinums for our future use from Sams Club at the old rate before they ran out. I received the email confirmations from Sams with all the correct Disney confirmations on them. There are only 2 of us so I figured we would have APs through 2022 and now maybe beyond since this December 2020, after canceling May 2020, will be the first use of the first pair. My savings was well over 1K for the 4 of them. Any ideas if there is any chance that these will be canceled? None have been activated although I did register 1 pair on MDE so we could book certain ressies for this past May(canceled) trip. On MDE it still says expiration of Dec 2030. Hopefully I will wind up still saving all that money and not losing it all and have 4 APs just sitting around waiting to be used???

matt9112

Uni just came out with a buy one park-to-park pass at ~$170 and go as many times as you want until Christmas type deal. For FL res only.

Its a great deal minus parking....epic deal for friends of pass holders aka no parking fee. But i wpuld still pony for a real AP. There is a clear cut and dry stark difference between uni treating APs and disney. Uni is trying to be more inclusive and tap into that and disney is doing...well the opposite.
Im sitting here hoenstly wanting to buy a gold pass and i cant...its very annoying.

It Is What It Is

It's almost November. Anyone have any new insight to when or if WDW might start selling APs again?

I get why Disneyland isn't selling them - the politics of opening the park.

And my hunch that OLC isn't selling them in Tokyo is no one is traveling internationally, so OLC wants the locals to start making up for the ticket revenue losses at the gate. Are the locals in Tokyo getting some cheaper ticket like those in Florida?

Is that going to be the trend in Florida? 4 days for 200 for the locals? No APs until Covid is an afterthought?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's almost November. Anyone have any new insight to when or if WDW might start selling APs again?

I get why Disneyland isn't selling them - the politics of opening the park.

And my hunch that OLC isn't selling them in Tokyo is no one is traveling internationally, so OLC wants the locals to start making up for the ticket revenue losses at the gate. Are the locals in Tokyo getting some cheaper ticket like those in Florida?

Is that going to be the trend in Florida? 4 days for 200 for the locals? No APs until Covid is an afterthought?

An ap sold at wdw would only carry about half the usual benefits...and attendance caps make them impossible as of now

It Is What It Is

An ap sold at wdw would only carry about half the usual benefits...and attendance caps make them impossible as of now
Hey Sir Walter!

My understanding is WDW is at 25% capacity. And I believe Florida is greenlighting higher caps? (Things change daily, I'm certain of very little these days, but the last I heard).

At current levels, Disney must be getting enough people in the Parks to keep the portion of reservations for AP holders low, which is good for Disney. I suppose if they increase capacity and once the holiday season is over Jan '21, we might see an increase in the reservation system for APs.

Personally vested in the outcome of this as my wife and I made the semi-retired move from California to Central Florida in March. We would love to get int to the parks, but being cheap on even spending 200 for 4 days. Gotta work that budget!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hey Sir Walter!

My understanding is WDW is at 25% capacity. And I believe Florida is greenlighting higher caps? (Things change daily, I'm certain of very little these days, but the last I heard).

At current levels, Disney must be getting enough people in the Parks to keep the portion of reservations for AP holders low, which is good for Disney. I suppose if they increase capacity and once the holiday season is over Jan '21, we might see an increase in the reservation system for APs.

Personally vested in the outcome of this as my wife and I made the semi-retired move from California to Central Florida in March. We would love to get int to the parks, but being cheap on even spending 200 for 4 days. Gotta work that budget!
Good luck to you...

...I just don’t see them have any Intention of selling passes until the travel crush ends. So mid 2021 is my guess as of now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom