When do you get excited?

Cole'sMom

The day after I get home from my trip and start planning next years! I start REALLY getting excited about a month before my trip. I buy my little toiletries and things. I always smile when I see them going down the conveyor belt at Target-like the Orbitz/Travelocity commercial-I can't remember which one it is.

bgraham34

Once I really get into the planning stages I am excited. Then its booked and the excitement boils over and then I want a time machine to push the days forward.

Cinderella1976

I start to get excited as soon as we put down our first deposit on the trip. I get even more excited after we book our airfare, which I did yesterday :sohappy:.

ilovepluto23

As soon as the idea of going back to WDW is brought up lol.

My family actually has a bad habit of planning the next trip...while we're still currently on a WDW trip!:lol:

Cattman96

Leaving in 44 days for my Moms 60th birthday. 20 of us going and staying at the Contemporary. For some reason today I can't control myself so I will say 44 days out.

doop

Probably when we make all the reservations and purchase the tickets. However, I think about wdw a LOT even when there isn't a trip planned, hence joining a discussion forum pertaining to it.

AndyJo0930

As soon as we actually have it booked is when I start getting excited. We just booked for August and last week made our ADR's. I think the only thing that is keeping me sane for now is that we have a cruise planned in three weeks without the kids. But once we get back, I will have nothing to do but wait for Disney.

Tim G

How soon is too soon to get hyped for a trip? 2 years ahead? 1 year? 6 months? When do you start to get excited about Disney trips? I tend to start thinking about it about a year in advance; from then on it basically consumes me on and off until the trip happens!

How about you?
Dunno... I never get excited about this, maybe it's because I live almost down the street...

wdwishes2005

I get excited when I get to the airport, I'm serious, I went to DLR last week and didn't even think about it until I was checking my bags.

disney1077

As soon as I start planning the trip and then when I make my first payment it really sinks in that I am really going and I cant do anything but think about my trip. But the night before is the worst because I cant fall alseep because all I can think about is that I am going Disney World the next day. Which is not good seeing that I have to wake up at 4:00am!:hammer:

wbt06

well i am right now just found out i am going the first week of may now i have something to look forward to right after finals

sbkline

I get excited as far as a year in advance, but I am getting REALLY excited now, as we are entering single digits tommorrow!

Of course, and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I am also getting somewhat jittery as the big day approaches. As you plan a trip over the course of a year, you never know what might happen to call it off over that year: wife getting pregnant, death in the family, injury, etc, etc. Having made it all the way to this final countdown, along with being very excited, I am also jittery hoping that nothing unforeseen comes up in the next week. Primarily hoping that our infant son (who isn't going with us) doesn't come down sick or something in the last few days, making us cancel or postpone. And then, there is part of me that feels bad for thinking that, as if it's okay for him to be sick any other time as long as it doesn't ruin vacation! :lol: Not that I want him to be sick anytime, naturally, but it would really suck if he came down with something Saturday and we are supposed to leave Sunday.

Well Im really excited NOW!:sohappy: I just booked our room for October 6-13. We were planning on going during Thanksgiving week but I found out this year my kids will have a fall break in Oct. so now we can do MNSSHP. So let the countdown begin...176 days!!

morgan22

We are currently in the process of firming up our reservations for June and as I am at home on maternity leave at the moment I spend all day everyday getting far too excited - calling my DH at work pestering about ADR's - when he (apparently) has far more 'important' things to think about!!!! Having said that he did get VVVV giddy last night when we started discussing getting to ride EE (I was pregnant on our last trip and I wouldn't let him ride if I coudn't!!)

Actually can't contain myself - might explode with excitement at any minute .... my little baby does not know what she's let herself in for !

charminghearts

I'm excited as soon as I know I'm going for sure(after stuff is booked). Then it just gradually increases until I get there. Right now I feel like August will NEVER get here.

KimnAbby

We just recently got back from Disney. We had the trip planned almost 2 years in advance for my mom's 50th birthday. I think by the time the trip got there, my stepdad wanted to put duct tape over our mouths because we would not shut up about it. I get excited from the second we plan!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom