When do we get the Pirates Of Caribbean Shanghai ride technology in USA?

DonniePeverley

Original Poster
Rode this back in 2019, and it is hand down the best attraction on any Disney property to date - mixture of a real live experience, anamatronics, with the immersive video experience. Loved it. Fo sure, you will feel cheated if you rode then then rode the US versions.

What would be the closest attraction we have to it in the Orlando or Cali parks? Do you forsee any attractions coming up that will embrace this sort of ride style?

DisneyDoctor

Nostalgia will win out for many of us. I’d hate to see an overhaul of some of the classics. That being said if Disney wanted to develop new attractions with that technology of course I’m on board. I won’t get my hopes up though.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They won't spend the money to put in anything new(er than RotR) until (a) GotG:CR, Rat and Tron open up, and (b) crowds die down from those.

So I figure it'll be 2030 before we see anything remotely like Shanghai Pirates at WDW.

NickMaio

Nostalgia will win out for many of us. I’d hate to see an overhaul of some of the classics. That being said if Disney wanted to develop new attractions with that technology of course I’m on board. I won’t get my hopes up though.
We adore the classics, i feel it is important to keep them. You can see WDW's roots and how far things have come.
As well as stroll down memory lane.

FlaMatt

I'm guessing after Rise of the Resistance, there wouldn't be much of a hurry to usher this tech into an already popular staple attraction. Rise, though not a water boat ride obviously, does the combo of practical sets and animatronics...mixed with screen action well enough if not better, satisfying the hunger for that type of experience.

I vote to keep ushering in new experiences on par with Rise and Shanghai's POTC while keeping the nostalgia and classic touch alive for classics like our POTC, which works well for me as a classic boat ride.

FlaMatt

An Indiana Jones boat ride would be perfect with this ride system and theming. Close the Indy stunt show in HS and build it there.
This could really work. People have been begging for an Indy ride in the swamps since the Cali debut. The main elephant in the room however is the dilemma of should we/shouldn't we clone yet another coast to coast attraction. Your idea solves both problems. I like it.

DonniePeverley

Original Poster
Nostalga is no excuse to keep sub par rides. The Shanghai POTC retains the charms of the US version, but gives it an updated feel.

TTA94

An Indiana Jones boat ride would be perfect with this ride system and theming. Close the Indy stunt show in HS and build it there.

And isn’t there a new Indiana movie in the works? Maybe that would be a reason to do this. Or they could put this in DAK.

FlaMatt

On the subject, has anyone of you across the pond ridden the revamped Piraten In Batavia ride at Europa Park? As far as animatronic theming and practical effects go, it looks like it puts any version of Disney's Pirates to shame. Judging strictly from YouTube videos and reviews, so can't say first hand.

cookiee_munster

On the subject, has anyone of you across the pond ridden the revamped Piraten In Batavia ride at Europa Park? As far as animatronic theming and practical effects go, it looks like it puts any version of Disney's Pirates to shame. Judging strictly from YouTube videos and reviews, so can't say first hand.
Holy moly, i've just gone and watched a POV of the ride and i'm blown away. The set design alone is impressive enough to put it on par with a Disney ride :D

LaughingGravy

Let's see, how many Pirates movies? Keep the current version of the original as something that isn't non stop moving or spinning (RoTR, I know my DW will not like how spinny it is....move here, stop, spin 3/4/rinse and repeat for each scene with lots of noise) and maybe add the new version to Disney Studios. You know, add more attractions while not taking away any to increase capacity and also cut down cost of demolishing to replace and then taking forever to do anything (Stitch).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom