When do schools across the US let out for summer?

CajunEpcotLover

Hi all! We are trying to plan a big group trip at the end of May (23-31). Just curious when the rest of the US lets out and if anyone knows if this time will be crowded. I know it is Memorial Day and may get crowded for the long weekend, but what about the rest of the days. Any help would be appreciated!

CleveRocks

Individual school districts all make their own school calendars. To give you some perspective ....

We have 50 states. New Jersey is one state. New Jersey has over 600 school districts. And that's just one state.

Unfortunately, you're never going to get any "consensus" answer because there are just so many school districts in this country. Just figure a range from mid-May to late-June. Picture a graph that looks like an upside-down "V" -- a small number of districts will let out in mid-May and in late-June, and as you move a little later than mid-May and a little earlier than late-June then number of schools letting out then will rise, and so on.

Upvote 0

MainSt1993

It starts in mid-May, and all are out generally by the 4th week of June. Except for year-round school. And then there's the issue of the southern hemisphere. And when Europe vacations. This is making my head hurt. :brick:

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Our district gets out June 6th...it is later this year than usual. They have shortened the summer break and extended the fall and winter breaks....

Upvote 0

3fordisney

Where we are in Alabama, school is getting out right before Memorial Day weekend. My son's in preschool and gets out May 18th, a week before the others here do.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

The school district I live in here in the Atlanta area has the last day of school as May 25th.

The school district where my mother teaches in the St. Louis area has last day of finals as May 31st.

Upvote 0

coltow

Every place is different. I'm sure schools begin to let out across the country mid May. In the Boston area it's mid June unless we get lots of snow then it'll be end of June.

Upvote 0

lcsrig

South LA.......last day for students is May 24th. I thought we started early and were getting out earlier than most, but from these posts, I guess not!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I live in upstate New York and my school district gets done between June 24th and 26th usually, which is really late compared to almost the entire rest of the country. They go back within the first two weeks of September.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom