When do schools across the US let out for summer?

CajunEpcotLover

Hi all! We are trying to plan a big group trip at the end of May (23-31). Just curious when the rest of the US lets out and if anyone knows if this time will be crowded. I know it is Memorial Day and may get crowded for the long weekend, but what about the rest of the days. Any help would be appreciated!

MnDisneyFan

Here in MN they start getting out from end of may to 2nd week of June, but all are out by June 15th I think.

The best time to go to Disney is August as the Florida schools are back and many familys stay close to home as they are buying school supplies, clothes and Etc.

We went end of April early May 2006 and we got good rates for Hotels and Car rental. Rates go up just as school gets out, but go down in Aug. I belive.

Upvote 0

oldkeyw

Here and in much of New England we go through at least the 2nd if not 3rd week of June, which gets added on to by any snow days. I think we get out the 20th or 21st of June this year. In our district we start after Labor Day.

Upvote 0

shari71

Southern Indiana - We usually start around the second week of August (15-20th range) and go to the third week in May. Four snow days are worked into this calendar - if we have snow they they go those days, if not then they get them off. We usually only get 2-3 days for snow each year - so far none this year.

Upvote 0

executivechef

I'd have to say most schools dismiss the kids in June. Being from New England that's the case in this area I found.
We vacation every May. Normally we try to be at Disney the first or second week because of the very fact of kids being on vacation for the summer.
For me, May is the best time of year for Disney for many reasons. Crowds are less, weather is fantastic, and airfare is cheaper and families were just there less than 4 weeks ago (spring break) so the parks are fairly quiet.
You'll enjoy it.

Guy

Upvote 0
My friends and I went in May of 2005, over Memorial Day, and it wasn't crowded AT ALL!! I don't know if the crowds were up this year, but in '05 it was beautiful. We got on all the rides and the longest we waited for ANYTHING was Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach :~). Have fun!! I'm going Spring Break, and those crowds will be killer!!

Upvote 0

CajunEpcotLover

Original Poster
My friends and I went in May of 2005, over Memorial Day, and it wasn't crowded AT ALL!! I don't know if the crowds were up this year, but in '05 it was beautiful. We got on all the rides and the longest we waited for ANYTHING was Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach :~). Have fun!! I'm going Spring Break, and those crowds will be killer!!

We went at that time in 2005 too! We had a great time and are hoping to do that again. I just wanted to see if anyone knew if the crowd levels are up! Thanks for all the responses! I did see the upgrade package...NICE!

Upvote 0

3fordisney

The schools start back early here. The current school year in central Alabama started the first of August! Too early for me! School does let out around the 25th of May.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom