when did you realise you loved disney!

Disneybub

Original Poster
What is the one place that you were at, when you realised you were a disney fanatic.

Mine has to be when i had waited 4 years to go and after i got off the monorail and i could hear when you wish apon a star, (which is a song that means soooo much to me.)

I remember thinking how much i loved the place!

So whats your story?? x

DisneyWood

Probably when I was in college. I was planning my Disney trip for spring break, when all of my frat brothers were planning trips to Padre Island, skiing, etc. They all thought I was nuts.

ZapperZ

What is the one place that you were at, when you realised you were a disney fanatic.

Mine has to be when i had waited 4 years to go and after i got off the monorail and i could hear when you wish apon a star, (which is a song that means soooo much to me.)

I remember thinking how much i loved the place!

So whats your story?? x

I wrote my most memorable Disney memories already in another thread, so I'll just point to it. It also happens to be when I truly realized how much I love WDW.

Zz.

My first trip in 1990 when I was 10 years old, Iwent to Magic Kingdom and fell in love...Been goin back almost every year since then...94 more days to go!

Cara1210

May 1982, I was 3 years old, and I walked onto Main St. with my parents, looked at them and said, "I could live here forever!" I don't remeber that time, but I still feel that way every time I set foot on WDW property!

Minnesota

I was lucky enough to have a dad who worked for an airline growing up so I was at disney world opening month. I got to go yearly till I was 16 or so. Then went through the I'm too cool phase. Went again on the honeymoon and while I was pregnant with #2. I always loved disney but nothing ever will beat the little moments when we started bringing the kids. Watching my DD run in the castle yelling Cinderella are you home. Closing time At MK my kids waving to Mickey at the train station as their grandpa is getting all teared up watching them. Now I pretty much get all teary when ever I think about the place. Hoping to pass the love onto the kids even through their mom's a dork phase.:p

BRER DAD

I have always loved it since my first time as a kid, but I knew I truly needed WDW in my life the first time I went with my wife and kids.

PotteryGal

It truly became real for us the minute we opened the curtains in our room at the WL and saw the monorail going into the Contemporary, with the castle faintly in the distance. My love of Disney from my childhood was rekindled! And it only got better the rest of that week! :sohappy: :sohappy:

donald23

I realized I loved Disney from the time I was little and would get so depressed when I had to leave.:( LOL, I'm serious, my family would have to leave me alone for the whole day while we drove home because I was so upset about leaving. I look back now and think how silly I was knowing that I would be back in just a few months, but I can't say I still don't get that feeling. :lookaroun

Disneybub

Original Poster
I was lucky enough to have a dad who worked for an airline growing up so I was at disney world opening month. I got to go yearly till I was 16 or so. Then went through the I'm too cool phase. Went again on the honeymoon and while I was pregnant with #2. I always loved disney but nothing ever will beat the little moments when we started bringing the kids. Watching my DD run in the castle yelling Cinderella are you home. Closing time At MK my kids waving to Mickey at the train station as their grandpa is getting all teared up watching them. Now I pretty much get all teary when ever I think about the place. Hoping to pass the love onto the kids even through their mom's a dork phase.:p

i just had tears in my eyes reading this - thats really whats its all about isnt it!!!

Dagger

I have to say too young to remember here since I went many times as a child... but one of my most vivid memories where I knew I'd be coming back forever was in 1999 when I was 18, almost 19. We stayed at BWV using my uncle's timeshare and it was the most magical experience, starting off with the signature Disney difference where a doorman greeted us and proceeded to entertain all the kids in our group while my uncle checked in.

I remember we were in the pool in the evenings and you'd be able to see the top of Fantasmic! and (I think) vaguely hear it.... or at least, felt like I could hear it.

cb3k

It may sound weird but I realized my love for Disney the first time that I stayed off property. I was in 6th grade, and my parents informed us that for the first time we werent going to be staying at Ft Wilderness because the other resort was more room for less money. I was immediately upset, and although we had an awesome time, it was that trip that made me realize how much more special it is being "engulfed" in Disney while you were there. This is when I first realized that I loved Disney.

dannytaylor

when The Family And Went The First Time Thanksgiving 2004 And Went Through The Arch's That Say"walt Disney World'.after That And Walking Around Downtown Disney For The First Time I Was Hooked(no Pun Intended) And Have Been Ever Since,i Can't Get Enough Disney I Wish I Were There Now At My Second Home.

DisneyGigi

I have loved Disney for as long as I can remember. As a child I always wanted to go to Disney World, but never got to go (everyone else just wanted to visit the beaches in Florida) I collected Disney movies, globes, clothes, etc years before ever going to WDW.
I took my first trip in 98 when my DS was 3 and I guess it was at that moment I was really hooked for good. From the minute I saw the welcome sign I felt like a kid and all I could think was I am finally here. It lived up to everything I imagined it being as a little girl and more! Plus there is nothing better than seeing the joy in your child's face that WDW can produce. Each time I go I get even more hooked!:)

Shimmer73083

I was 3 and there with my parents, my Grandma and my soon-to-be born little brother. It was hot at the end of July - just after my 3rd birthday and my parents got me in for free since I was so little. I remember eating at the character breakfast in the Contemporary and meeting Brer Fox and the White Rabbit. I remember playing in the kiddie pool at the Contemporary with my dad in my favorite purple bathing suit and getting my Grandma to meet all the characters with me. I've been hooked ever since and now I'm 24 headed back on September 20 - 24!!! :sohappy:

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom