When attractions you don't like are closed down...

slappy magoo

Original Poster
...do you not care, or is there part fo you that wish it were open just so that maybe, just maybe, an attraction you DO enjoy might not be so crowded.

Someone started a thread about Hall of Presidents being closed for a few weeks' refurb, and while I can do without going to HoP again, I figure it might enhance crowd levels for attractions around the immediate area I would like, like the Riverboat or Huanted Mansion. If you have a kid who doesn't like roller coasters, you might not care about Space Mountain being closed or having temporary malfunctions...but that might mean longer lines at other Tomorrowland attractions your kid does enjoy, like Buzz Lightyear.

There have been a few occasions I've gone where Tom Sawyer Island was closed, and I always thought, if it were open, it might at least some kids would be burning off steam there, and there'd be less foot traffic everywhere else.

And if there were a problem at Expedition Everest, some people might up and leave, but others might stick around to see if the problem gets solved, and that would mean much more foot traffic everywhere else.

I mean, stuff like that can't be helped, but I was curious if anyone else here is as as I am, and thinks about how things I have no intention of doing could effect all the things I do intend to do...

Chape19714

If I don't like it...I point and laugh at all the tourists waiting in line :lol:. If it does go down, I really don't care because it really doesn't effect crowds that much. If I do like it, I park hop and come back in a few hours.

erasure fan1

If a ride I dont like is closed I dont care that much. The things that I dont like are the ones that are not that popular anyway, so I dont think it changes the crowds all that much anyway. If one of the mountains goes down that can change the crowd level, but not a HOP in my opinion.

Magister

I do consider the other attractions around the closed one, and how will the closing affect them. Otherwise, it doesn't break me too much.

cmatt

really couldnt give a flying ..______ in all fairness.... and if they ditched its a small world i wouldnt be sad either :D

doesnt ruin ANYTHING for me, maybe at the increased amount of people at the rides I want to go on... :p

WDWBro

I don't feel anything if I've been on it and didn't like it. If I hadn't been on it, I'd say "Oh, shucks. I guess I missed out on it," but I wouldn't lose sleep.

Now, with the closing of Millionaire, I feel like I want to sneak onto a plane to Orlando and organize a sit-in. DON'T GO!!! :( :(

kachow

I don't really think about it to that extent in terms of crowd levels and such. If anything I probably think, "I hope they think of something good to put there."

tink81

...Antother reason for me to plan a trip next year! Seriously, something like this inevitably happens to us, so we suck it up and use it as an excuse to come back next year!

saltmom1

The last time we went IASW was down.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: My husbanf LOVES that ride,so he drags me on it.:( P agree with you,cmatt. I think that is the most annoying attraction ever !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom