wheelchair rental cost?

PigletIsMyCat

dh has decided that instead of spending the money on an ECV that he doesn't want to have to break down all the time to get into the car i should rent wheelchairs. he says this is a good way for him to get his arm/back/chest/shoulder workouts in as well while we're on vacation (i expect him to stay out of the gyms while we're there now).

does anyone know how much wheelchair rentals are in the parks now? i'm considering renting one off property still so i have constant access to it when needed, but i want to compare prices. thanks :)

SweetEvangeline

We rent a wheelchair anytime we travel with our daughter. We always rent one from an off-site company and have it delivered to our resort. It is much easier than waiting in line at the park when you arrive and again when you leave every day. And, it is considerably cheaper. Last year we used Apple Scooter and it was $74.55 for 7 days and they delivered it and picked it up from the resort.

Upvote 0

anchorman314

If you purchase a length-of-stay rental, it is $10 per day, paid upfront. You get a stamp booklet that has a block for each day purchased. Then when you get to a park on subsequent days, just show them the booklet, they stamp it, and give you a chair. If you go to multiple parks in a day, you simply show them the already-stamped block for that day, and off you go. The only difference is at Downtown Disney. You can still use the same "day" stamp as from the parks, but you need to place a $100 fully-refundable deposit. Also, some of the parks are very strict when it comes to taking an in-park chair out of the gate. Often times you'll need to transfer to a complimentary parking lot chair.

Upvote 0
Went last year with my wife when she was 25 wks pregnant with twins. We actually rented a wheelchair from a local medical device company. It was 30 dollars for the week and we were even able to get a lightweight one (made it a little easier for me to push) that was fitted to her. The airline simply took it from us when we boarded the plane and had it back up for us when we got off. I've never rented one there, but it worked out well this way for us. At 30 dollars for the week, I think there was some cost savings vs renting there as well. If I had to do it again, we would just do the same thing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom