What's your tradition when you go to wdw

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Before I got married and had kids, my younger brother and I used to go to Disney and ride Splash Mountain and spell the word "YO" with our arms in the air on the splashdown right when the picture is being taken. Though, one year, we goofed and it came out "OY" - we're both older and even though we did this 15 years ago - we still talk and laugh about it. So, if anyone has a picture with two young guys sitting on Splash Mountain with our arms in the air spelling "OY" - laugh with us - it was in good fun! Anyways, I'm looking to take the Splash Mountain tradition and carry it on with my wife and kids (without the spelling of YO or OY). There's that pivotal moment when you splashdown you know it's official. You're in Disney! :)

one of the great rides to set a tradition on. I love the feel on that ride it just makes our day.

KCheatle

Ours is MK first park at rope drop to see the opening ceremony. Then it's off to Fantasyland. We always do a ride followed by Peter Pan. The rides are not an intentional tradition, but something we learned over the years for wait time management and we have just continued to do it that way :)

OvertheHorizon

The one tradition my wife and I had was that no matter where we watched Illuminations, when it ended we would walk the long way around the World Showcase lagoon before exiting the park. So, for example, if we were in front of the UK pavilion, we would walk toward France. If we were standing in front of Norway, we walked in the direction of China. Crowds had thinned greatly by about the halfway point in those walks.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I would love to be able to walk the MK after the Park is closed and be the only one in there. I think that would be cool to do.

danyoung56

The one tradition my wife and I had was that no matter where we watched Illuminations, when it ended we would walk the long way around the World Showcase lagoon before exiting the park. So, for example, if we were in front of the UK pavilion, we would walk toward France. If we were standing in front of Norway, we walked in the direction of China. Crowds had thinned greatly by about the halfway point in those walks.

Hey, stop stealing my traditions!

tglancy

Epcot on the day we arrive, but Magic Kingdom on the first full day
A Kirin draft in Japan
Dinner at Be Our Guest on our first full day
Lunch at Coral Reef

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Epcot on the day we arrive, but Magic Kingdom on the first full day
A Kirin draft in Japan
Dinner at Be Our Guest on our first full day
Lunch at Coral Reef

I have not been able to get into be our guest as yet, maybe by 2020. How is the food?

tglancy

I have not been able to get into be our guest as yet, maybe by 2020. How is the food?
It's not terrible. A lot of people complain because of the price, and that's fair. It's not worth what you pay for it if you just look at it from a food standpoint. However, we have never had bad service there and the environment is so well done. We have been three times now and each time was better than the time before it.

SparklinDiamond

Me and my friend have an Epcot tradition. We always get to Epcot before opening, listen to my favourite Disney song: Celebrate you! Then rush off to Soarin', go on that ride first as it always has big queues. Then eat breakfast at Sunshine Seasons! Best Disney breakfast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom