What's your tradition when you go to wdw

Tinkerbella16

We have always had arrival day traditions- Epcot is always the first park we go to, even if it is for just a couple of hours. SSE is always the first ride to kickoff the trip. Magic Kingdom is always our first full day. Nothing like that 1st morning waking up early in wdw and getting ready to head to MK.

stargrl33

My husband and I have only been to WDW together once, but based on that trip, here is what I would like our traditions to be:
1. drinks on the beach at Poly the first night we are there (we were able to watch the fireworks show, not sure if it is still as visible with the new DVC rooms)
2. riding the peoplemover every night we are at the MK (I love how quiet and relaxing it is)

Also, I'm sure we will always be those people who leave the parks for an afternoon swim/nap (he swims, I nap)

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
My husband and I have only been to WDW together once, but based on that trip, here is what I would like our traditions to be:
1. drinks on the beach at Poly the first night we are there (we were able to watch the fireworks show, not sure if it is still as visible with the new DVC rooms)
2. riding the peoplemover every night we are at the MK (I love how quiet and relaxing it is)

Also, I'm sure we will always be those people who leave the parks for an afternoon swim/nap (he swims, I nap)

POLY drinks are always a good idea as a tradition, we do the TAMBU Lounge for at least the last 20 years.

NonnaT

It's really hard to believe many of these traditions are over 20 years old! Because WDW wasn't around yet when I was growing up, so it seems impossible that all y'all have been going 20+ years! And yet, my first trip was in 1976 and that was almost 40 years ago!!!:eek:. I can hardly believe it!

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
It's really hard to believe many of these traditions are over 20 years old! Because WDW wasn't around yet when I was growing up, so it seems impossible that all y'all have been going 20+ years! And yet, my first trip was in 1976 and that was almost 40 years ago!!!:eek:. I can hardly believe it!

I look at my photos and say the same thing, I remember my first trip loading the car at night picking up my wife at work with the kids in the back seat heading out for a 20 hour drive. Seems like yesterday and the tradition hasn't,t stopped yet. The Disney property contains the spirit of many and their traditions , I think that is what makes it feel special.

Tony the Tigger

We always try to find something to hang on our Christmas tree that is specific to our trip that is either related to the resort we stayed in, or a certain ride, or whatever. It doesn't have to be a proper ornament, sometimes an inexpensive keychain or what not. Then we remember everything when we are decorating the tree in December.

Other than that, we tend to open and close with Magic Kingdom - particularly love Magic Kingdom at night when everyone else is at the parade. And a nice long lunch at the Tune-in lounge in between where we split a sampler, sugar-free cheesecake slice, and several lovely cocktails.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
We always try to find something to hang on our Christmas tree that is specific to our trip that is either related to the resort we stayed in, or a certain ride, or whatever. It doesn't have to be a proper ornament, sometimes an inexpensive keychain or what not. Then we remember everything when we are decorating the tree in December.

Other than that, we tend to open and close with Magic Kingdom - particularly love Magic Kingdom at night when everyone else is at the parade. And a nice long lunch at the Tune-in lounge in between where we split a sampler, sugar-free cheesecake slice, and several lovely cocktails.

sounds great, where is the tune in lounge located?

ctxak98

Our family has so many different traditions its sometimes hard to keep track of them all!

But on our first day arrival, we usually soak in the atmosphere, maybe head down to the pool to relax and explore the resort. At night we ALWAYS head to Downtown Disney. That has been tradition for a long time. We usually eat at Rainforest Cafe or Raglan Road.

Our order of parks varies each year because we all have a different favorite park. We usually rotate so that everyone gets to pick where they want there favorite to land that year....either first or last.

As for first attractions in each park that one is always the same!

Magic Kingdom- Pirates of the Caribbean
Epcot- Spaceship Earth
Hollywood Studios- The Great Movie Ride
Animal Kingdom-Dinosaur

We also always try to get a picture in front of Spaceship Earth at night and Eat at the Scifi Dine in theater if we can!

Rutt

We always do DTD/DS on day one. We buy our new ballcaps for the trip (I collect them) and then hit TRex for dinner.

Miss Heinous

Since I'm a local, my tradition is over hearing nearby family break downs. Always a good time... the best one was a physical altercation in Seuss Landing at IOA between a father and son which ended with a shoe flying across the pathway into the Once-ler's house.

wdwjmp239

Before I got married and had kids, my younger brother and I used to go to Disney and ride Splash Mountain and spell the word "YO" with our arms in the air on the splashdown right when the picture is being taken. Though, one year, we goofed and it came out "OY" - we're both older and even though we did this 15 years ago - we still talk and laugh about it. So, if anyone has a picture with two young guys sitting on Splash Mountain with our arms in the air spelling "OY" - laugh with us - it was in good fun! Anyways, I'm looking to take the Splash Mountain tradition and carry it on with my wife and kids (without the spelling of YO or OY). There's that pivotal moment when you splashdown you know it's official. You're in Disney! :)

PlaneCrazy1978

brown-derby-exterior.jpg

It was one the first restaurant my wife and I ever ate at at WDW. I had never been to WDW before and my wife brought me there on my honeymoon. She introduced me to Disney and started our lifelong passion for WDW. So every trip since then we make a special point to have a dinner there together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom