What's your tradition when you go to wdw

SeanWM48

we have first-day traditions. all 3 years and will continue:
1. Starbucks at the airport. always arrive on earliest flight so that iced coffee is probably the best one i have all year
2. after check-in have lunch at Trail's End (FW Camp)
3. Dinner at T-Rex downtown
4. Margaritas at Paradiso amidst shopping

no parks opening day for me, I kind of like saving them for the first full day on property. not much tradition rest of trip though, tend to improvise from there on out

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Arrival Day: Get settled in and go straight to one of the theme parks, provided on what time we get to the hotel.

Departure Day: Re-ride an attraction one last time or ride an attraction we didnt get to the first time at a certain theme park, and or just relax by the pool.

TXDisney

We have several. We do 2 different kind of stays when we go. We stay onsite and offsite about equally as much. Arrival day when onsite we always do Epcot. We ride 5 rides or so the head to WS. When offsite we actually do Universal arrival day normally. We always do Le Celier a night for dinner. We have to go to the Wedding Pavilion be thats where we got married. Eating in France is a must as well.

Mista C

We always start our trip on a Sunday and drive up from Fort Lauderdale. We check-in at the POFQ and head to the room to unpack and set things up. Then it's off on the boat ride to DTD and dinner at T-rex. Dessert at Ghirdelli's, wander around a bit, then back to the room for an early bedtime. Monday morning it's Magic Kingdom. Like someone else also said, we never go to a park on our first day. We just like settling-in at our hotel and getting excited for the next three days to come.

grim-grinning_toast

Magic Kingdom when we arrive to have lunch at the Harbour House! My fiance is one of those very lucky children to have taken a lot of vacations to Disney as a child, and once he had the opportunity to ride in the driver's cabin of the Monorail. He said something that has been embedded into my fiance's mind ever since. "Monorail black! The only monorail on the Walt Disney World transportation system that has been struck by lightning and continued running!" So, we say that every time one of us spots monorail black :)

grim-grinning_toast

Well prior to an evil coffee company taking over the sacred ground that is Main Street, I would go to the MSB and buy *all* the cinnamon buns.

yes!!! I miss this tradition most of all. During our exit, we would wait in line for cinnamon buns. I'm very lucky that my fiance passed so many of his precious memories and traditions onto me, so that we can share them each time we go. This was one of his favorites, and we're both gutted that it's not part of our trips anymore.

HolleBolleGijs

yes!!! I miss this tradition most of all. During our exit, we would wait in line for cinnamon buns. I'm very lucky that my fiance passed so many of his precious memories and traditions onto me, so that we can share them each time we go. This was one of his favorites, and we're both gutted that it's not part of our trips anymore.

I was actually being sarcastic because of a previous thread started by the same user who started this one ;) I've never been to the bakery but I hear their cinnamon buns were quite delicious :)

Konacha

In the Parks
No
My family only has a few of them but it is required for every Disney Trip.

1) Family Photo at the Contemporary Resort at Metal Mickey.
When I was a child (about 6 or 7) there was a picture of me in front of a Mickey made of Metal at the Contemporary. We held onto that picture for years. The last time we went in my childhood was in 1989. The next time my family went was in 2005 and by chance we found the same Metal Mickey. Since then every member of the family with us is in the new picture.

2) Eating at Trail's End in Fort Wilderness
Every year we eat at Trail's End. While at first it wasn't a big deal since we use to stay at Fort Wilderness each year but recently we started to stay at different resorts (mainly the Treehouse Villas) but we still always go back to Fort Wilderness to eat there every year.

Ben_since_1971

- We (wife and I) will only get a Mickey bar ice cream in the MK.
- We will have a date night of the HDD and then the holiday sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness.
- One we started last year was to have our last night dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse.
- Candlelight Processional dinner package at Rose & Crown.
- I'll do a slow stroll of WS while enjoying a cold malted beverage.
- My final trip to the MK, before I leave, I will stand at the end of Main St, look back towards the castle, and tip my hat, saying 'until next time'. Then I turn and walk out.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
- We (wife and I) will only get a Mickey bar ice cream in the MK.
- We will have a date night of the HDD and then the holiday sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness.
- One we started last year was to have our last night dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse.
- Candlelight Processional dinner package at Rose & Crown.
- I'll do a slow stroll of WS while enjoying a cold malted beverage.
- My final trip to the MK, before I leave, I will stand at the end of Main St, look back towards the castle, and tip my hat, saying 'until next time'. Then I turn and walk out.
Now that's cool

POLY LOVER

Original Poster

My family and I would hit the msb on the first morning. I loved to walk in and smell the baked goods order up 4 buns smothered in the hot icing. Go sit at a table and take in the early morning activity as you could over hear the performers out in the street welcoming folks to the magic kingdom. It was a wonderful feeling.

insaneshadow

When my family and I arrive in Orlando, the first thing we do is go to Downtown Disney (I guess it's Disney Springs now, right?). The next day, we go to all 4 parks in this order: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and finally, Hollywood Studios. When I'm in the parks I make sure to buy a small basketball that has the year on it and a light-up lanyard (I started doing this when I went back for the first time 2 years ago).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom