What's your perfect WDW moment?

schro513

Original Poster
I had what to me was a perfect moment during our trip last week....while at the Pirate and Princess party (while the wife took the kids to get Princess autographs), I ventured over to a fairly deserted Tommorrowland at around 11:30 pm and got to ride the TTA totally by myself with just the park almost no guests in sight. To me, a perfect way to end an excellent day......any others out there?

sittle

My perfect moment

Hey, here is mine.

I think it's the ceremonial first (of many rides) of splash mountain. You know when you go up that first incline, and the "How do you do" music is gently playing from the birdfeeders and you are kissed with the sunshine and the wind.

And as you round the little bend there and that glorious castle breaks the horizon line, letting you know that your in the most magical place on earth, that it's okay to be a kid again, and forget about the real world you have left behind for a (too limited of a) time.

That right there is my perfect moment. That right there allows me to reconfirm my belief in magic.

*sniff* I just get so emotional about it *snif*

I look forward to that happening all over again for the first time in just 8 days!!

AKidat50

My perfect moment was this past Nov 27, my 50th birthday.
After a great day in the parks, coming back to the Contemporary to find a card and balloon in the room. Then up to the California Gril for my birthday dinner. Table by the windows, 'pixie dusted' with mylar Mickey confetti. A perfect appetizer, our waitress was phenomenal, and as entrees arrived, the lights dimmed, the sound system came up, and the MVMCP fireworks started over the Magic Kingdom, just for ME ! Talk about timing. I think this was the best birthday I have ever had, and one of the best meals ever, too (and it was on the dining plan!)
and it continued thru Dec 1. We spent a week on the Atrium Club level at the Contemporary, MK view, and had the time of my life (so far) !

jvenegas

Just being able to stand at the entrance of Main Street and seeing the Castle at a distance knowing that the outside world no longer exists and that the magic is all around me.:)

k.hunter30

To be honest, I hope my perfect moment is yet to come! After being lucky enough to visit WDW quite a lot of times in only 25 years I have tons of memories from there. Most of them with my parents, some with my late brother, and some :)brick: ) with ex-boyfriends. I'm hoping that this trip will prove to be the best and most memorable since I'll be there with the love of my life for the very first time! The thought of being at the happiest place on earth with the person who makes me the happiest wife on earth is so exciting!

Ok, enough sappyness... Being able to simply walk up to a bunch of characters right after the parks open and have them all to myself for 10 minutes is pretty cool.

DisneyMusician2

Walking into Epcot in the morning when almost no one is there, taking a slow stroll to the land and buying breakfast....I just love the smell of Epcot in the wee morning hours. Sitting there with my Cinnamon Bun with my fiancee....a perfect moment at WDW.

I-4Warrior

There are so many moments that happen at WDW that I could classify as perfect, but one that comes to mind was finding out that my mom and dad were going to make the trek out to Epcot, and my wife suggesting that we drive out and surprise them. Since graduating college and finding a career, sometimes life gets in the way and you don't get to see family as much as you'd like, but this was a great opportunity to see my mom and dad in the beautiful setting of Disney World for the first time in quite a while. I will always remember standing at the edge of the World Showcase Lagoon with my wife, my mom and my dad watching Illuminations. For me it has never been more perfect than that (at Disney or in life).

Tiggerfanatic

1992 - DD was 3 and we both saw Mickey in person for the first time...mere words could not even begin to describe the magic of that moment.

alya922

Making wishes at the wishing well alongside the castle after Extra Magic Hours, the sparkling lights and the castle the main sources of light, the night air cool against my face, slowly walking towards Main Street, the park practically deserted due to the late hour....the magic just seems to come alive for me then :)

i spent the last hours of my fifteenth birthday at the magic kingdom. it was open untill 12, but my dad and i were almost the only ones still there when 12 rolled along. we just sat on a curb on an empty mainstreet and watched the castle change colors. best disney moment ever.

Frosty689

This past time when i went with my brother was probably the most memorable, only because its the first time we ever went someplace just us... I'm 17 and hes 23 so it was good.. my favorite part was actully the lsat day tho, it was the day of the disney marathon which i hope to some day run.. I ran over to soarin' got a fastpass because the line was already a little ridic (i was there once the park opened) then sat down and ate a cinnabun and chocolate milk... it was just surreal and relaxing.. disney makes me feel that way =D

SnowFire

My perfect moment will always be the first sight of the castle.

If I was going to pick a perfect trip (I know - it's not exactly a moment) it would be my honeymoon trip.

-SIR-

This past trip I was by myself for a couple of days before some friends met up with me.... I went to Bistro De Paris and had an amazing dinner seated with a view of the lagoon.... absolutely gorgeous.... then I wondered around the lagoon for a bit before getting some Kaki Gori from Japan and watching illuminations with a fantastic view..... after the show I just slowly wondered out of the park in a stress-free manner before retiring at Port Orleans that night.... all in all a very relaxing and wonderful evening. :)

KevBell

Best time at Disney

During my honeymoon in 2004, the Extra Magic Hour night was raining VERY hard, and most of the outdoor rides were closed. We walked through Adventureland (it was raining bad, but you can be dry at home or wet at the Magic Kingdom!)... and miracle of miracles, Pirates of the Caribbean was running! Pirates is my all-time favourite ride!!! That it was open was unannounced; it was not even scheduled to actually be open Extra Magic hours that trip :)

We rode Pirates a solid three hours straight. As no other rides were running near Pirates, we had nearly every time completely to ourselves! Empty boats in front, behind, no morons with flash cameras!

We quickly bought some of the Pirates beanie hats, and several bottles of the Mickey's Lost Treasure coloured candy bottles to "yo, ho" with on the ride (Love that tooth-decaying candy! :)

After a few trips around, the CM's starting really getting into the act, ARRRing all the way and telling us great "history of the ride" and "silly guest moments" stories.....

"Yo ho, yo ho, a Pirate's life for me!"

Just shy of winning a night in Cindy's castle, the YOAMD contest doesn't have a prize that could match that glorious night for me :)

- Kev

sarabi

I have a few that get me every trip:

Coming out from the train station tunnel at MK and seeing Main Street USA for the first time.

Sitting on the porch at Tony's Town Square watching the 3pm parade roll by while enjoying dessert.

After Illuminations at EPCOT, walking leisurely back through World Showcase and Futureworld as the park empties.

(the cornball one)... At Festival of the Lion King when they play "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"

SallyShine

My DS (then 7) running up the empty entrance ramp to the Star Wars ride and then running back down to me after he ran into Darth Vader! There was no one around and here comes Darth! It was so cool. We got some great pics.

Nicole220

Just being able to stand at the entrance of Main Street and seeing the Castle at a distance knowing that the outside world no longer exists and that the magic is all around me.:)
That's exactly how I feel! I love going to the parks and forgeting about the real world for a few hours.

beachclubbasics

My favorite two memories are:

1. My dear late husband's face when we first arrived at the Magic Kingdom for our honeymoon in 1987.

2.The looks on my kids' faces during their first trip to WDW in 2005. I had 2 teens and a 10 year old. The teens had refused to go to Disney for years ....now guess who begs to go back every year?

BSikor

A late dinner reservation in EPCOT leaving the restaurant after the park has closed for some time and walking the World Showcase at night with no one else around but my wife. It's very pretty, very sweet and very romantic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom