What's your perfect WDW moment?

MacRtst

My most memerable moment is at EPCOT. Every time I get off the bus and walk towards the main gate, hearing the park music gradually get louder and louder. It gets me EVERY time. I love the park music there. AAAHHHHHHHH :sohappy:

b-rian91

^^^^ Mac, That is also one of mine!

Another one is when I step out of the airplane into the terminal, the warmth of florida, knowing im only minutes from my favorite place on earth, and the SMELL!

Oh and another one, When it starts to get closer to night time and ive got that florida smell and and im at disney studios staring at ToT. Oh man theres so many of these i could go on for ever

mep517

Standing on the beach at Poly on night #1, having a beverage, and being in awe of where I am, knowing that I have a great week ahead of me. DH and I do this every time, and always get sentimental and remind each other to remember every moment of our trip.

But I must say I think the best moment will be on our next trip when DD sees Mickey for the first time (she is OBSESSED with The Mouse!) Got to have the video camera ready, because I'm pretty sure I'll be crying the whole time!

Steamboat_Kevin

This will sound a little strange, I suppose, but it's the one moment that sticks out in my mind when I think of happy times at WDW...

Sitting on my Saratoga Springs balcony the first night we arrived to WDW two years ago, just watching the hustle and bustle of DTD and taking it all in. We hadn't even gotten to the parks yet, so I still had so much to look forward to for the rest of our trip. Add that with being able to watch over DTD and Lake Buena Vista from our balcony and you get a truly happy Kevin.

bigedefd

March 1st 2005 after a very long day,I was beginning to wonder if taking my DD at 9yo was such a great idea. We had gone to Toon Town Fair to see Mickey. We were to late! We had reservations at Liberty Tavern for dinner. We made our way over to Liberty Tavern and as we waited for our reservation time, it was time for the spectro magic parade. My DD was very tired and hungry when all of a sudden the parade rounded the corner and who did we see but MICKEY! He was all lit up and dancing atop of a float, well let me tell you my daughter went from half asleep to being so excited she literaly was vibrating with excitement!!! That one single moment was up until now my single most magical memory. With lots more to come in just 19 months

no2apprentice

It was 2000, the year we could afford our first vacation to Orlando. Wife, two sons, ages 8 and 11, and little ol' me. The budget was minimal, the only WDW park we could afford to do at the time was MK (of course). The wife and I had been to WDW in 85, and being from San Diego, we had countless trips without kids to DL. So the wife and I knew the magic...we were all old friends with the magic. Now, the question was, would my sons feel the magic? And how much?

The day at MK was a long day, but a good day. It was sort of comical in a way. Everyone was very tired...the wife was limping due to a sore foot (had surgery on her heel the year before), and both sons were limping slightly due to blisters ("Now tell me if you feel a hot spot on your foot during the day"..."Okay, dad"..."How's your feet feel"..."Just fine, dad"), and the last thing we wanted to do was wait in a long line for the monorail. So we got on the ferry.

Everyone was so sore and tired, no one wanted to stay for the fireworks. But, as luck would have it, as we started across the lagoon, the fireworks show started. It wasn't the same as standing in front of the castle, but a nice touch to end the day. We were there during spring break, and the breeze on the boat had a slight coolness to it. We sat huddled together on a seat watching the bursting lights in the sky fade slowly, and I looked at my oldest son, who was sitting next to me. He looked at me with tears in his eyes, and said, "I don't want to leave, dad." I put my arm around him and replied, "It's okay, son. It's okay." And inside my heart danced.

And that's my perfect WDW moment. There are other WDW moments for me, but none as perfect as that one.:)

iKat

My perfect moment was this past Nov 27, my 50th birthday.

My moment was the same day!
It was my 21st birthday. My husband and I went MVMCP, and we were in line to get our picture taken with Pooh and Tigger. Tigger got traded out for Eeyore when we were the next in line (Eeyore's my favorite!)
My husband and I felt kinda silly, we were the only adults without kids in line to get our picture taken... but when we got to meet them, they made it so fun, giving us kisses, and Eeyore started attacking my husband with hugs...Pooh pointed at my birthday pin and clapped :)

That moment was just perfectly magical.

diddy_mouse

The one that tops my list: May 17th, 2004. Getting proposed to in front of the "Partners" statue with the castle in the background. Still to this day, I cannot describe how magical that felt! :eek:

Another moment is arriving at Epcot in the morning and hearing the entrance music once you approach the turnstiles. Whether it's by bus or monorail, there is something about hearing that music that really does it for me.

And finally....taking in Cinderella's castle from our quiet spot just outside Tomorrowland. As everyone is hurrying to catch the bus, we sit back and soak up everything that the MK has to offer as the night draws to a close.

saltmom1

(the cornball one)... At Festival of the Lion King when they play "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"

That's my "I Want to go to Disney song". Every time I hear it I want to go to Disney ! Ok,I always want to go to WDW anyways, but it can really start a Disney fit for me. The first time I heard that song I was on my way to Disney for the first time. We were on the exit ramp off the highway to go to my inlaws who were going with us .
That trip was also my Disney moment. My inlaws wanted to take my daughter, then 4, to WDW but they didn't want the responsibility of taking her by themselves so they took us too. We had just arrived in MK just in time for the parade. They put the rope across the road just as the parade was about to start. We walked up and were in the front row ! :sohappy:

Buzzforprez

One of a group of 8 and THE last person to leave the Magic Kingdom. Couldn't have been a better night. Took video from the train station down Main Street - completely empty. The background music sooo loud. My friends dancing to the music by the carousel. Such a great time. If you saw the video you would swear we were intoxicated but it was just the natural high. Taking that moment with me forever. And all of the Cast members were the best that could be asked for. They all would make Walt proud! :sohappy:

figment1985

My perfect moment was walking back from the fireworks at Epcot, and my love proposing to me in front of the fountain behind spaceship earth. I absolutely love the colors of spaceship earth, the moment was beautiful.

My other perfect moment would have to be walking to ride space mountain, hearing that eery space music...knowing that I am finally at the most magical place on earth. It's such a sense of peace.

mgraef

My perfect moment was holding my son (asleep) while we waited for my parents to complete riding Soarin' for the last ride of a six day trip (which was the first ride of the week earlier in the trip).

As he slept and the Soarin' music looped on and on my eyes welled up when I thought of what a great time we had.

Peace

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom