What's your least favorite WDW park?

GatorGambit

DHS. I used to think very highly of the park, but it is just a shadow of itself. The fact that it is no longer an operating film or television production facility is one of the biggest reasons. Some of my favorite memories from DHS were opportunities to see things live that I had only seen on TV, like tapings of Wheel of Fortune and Lets Make a Deal. Others were getting invited to be part of the show, like my poor dad getting put in one of the Indy Stunt Show scenes. :) The original theme that you actually got to interact with films and TV was very compelling and very prevalent: The S.S. Minnow blue screen on the walking tour, Superstar Television, Monster Sound Show, etc.

Now the place is just a shell. Sure, the place has some good attractions - RnRC is fun, but I'm not sure how it ties into movies or TV. Yes, it is getting some much needed attention, although I don't know how long it will take for American Idol to jump the shark and once again kill off a large attraction in the park.

WhatJaneSays

I had a similar thought when I saw this topic MousDad; it's like asking Mickey who is best friend is, Goofy or Donald?

That being said I have to jump on the AK bandwagon. Mostly because it's the hardest park to have a set schedule in my planing, it takes twice as long to get there and is more disrupted by the lovely liquid sunshine that the other parks. I really do like the park but the majority of the time it's not worth the effort and disappointment.

When my friends and I have the opportunity to have what we call a "Power Trip" which is a 48-hour crammed/exhausting/fun time we don't even bother with AK.

disney magic 06

Its not easy but my vote for least favourite park has to be DHS.

1. DHS but I love ToT
2. MK - too many hot, stroppy kids
3. Epcot - I wish it stayed open later in the evening though
4. AK - so relaxing in the hustle and bustle of WDW, I love the atmosphere

Expo_Seeker40

My favorite parks happen to be in the order in which they came:

1.) MK
2.) EC
3.) DHS
4.) AK

The animal kingdom is my least favorite and I may sound like a 13 year old going to EPCOT Center in the 80s "Mommmmmy there isn't anything to do here ughhhhhhh!"

While AK has the most beautiful scenery, landscape, and surroundings, there isn't a whole lot to do IMHO. It closes early, and has no evening parade or fireworks show.

The themed lands are amazing, dinosaur was great, E:E was....ok, it was a B+ for me, the river rapids were not that amazing for me, seeing the animals was good and interesting, and the safari was my favorite, but it needs more umph I suppose.

It's not a zoo, and its better than SeaWorld, and yet I still like both but still feel AK and SeaWorld are nice, but mehhh not my thing for me.

I like the MK the most, but have to say I enjoy EC more, it's more spread out, less kids as far as I have seen, and I don't feel as rushed or bombarded, but I do like beeing in the MK more than EC

DHS is great but still does not have as much as MK has to see and do. What makes the MK so great is its variety of offerings, fame, and nostalgia.

kc1296426

There should be a poll in this thread, much easier to view the total results.

Mine is DAK. It's a really good park and I love it and all, but it is my least favorite.

Disneybear

My favourite park is:

1.Animal Kingdom: I love the atmosphere, it's a beautiful park to walk around in and I think there is plenty to do.

Expedition Everest; Dinosaur; Kilimanjaro Safari; Maharajah Jungle Trek; Pangini Forest Trail; It's Tough to be a Bug; Kali Rapids; Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo, I love them all.

I found it strange that people were saying they found it hard to get around the park when its basically just a wheel, wheras the Studios is I dont what sort of layout, basically a lot of dead ends and switch backs. I would find it a lot more confusing as a first time visitor.

2.Epcot: Again it's the atmosphere here, you can really take your time to explore this park, especially the World Showcase. That is why I personally rate it above Magic Kingdom even though it is lighter on attractions.
Mission Space being my favourite followed by Soarin; Test Track; Turtle Talk; Maelstrom; The American Adventure and Spaceship Earth, I also love the film in France but hate the Canadian one (well the old one anyway). Not to forget Illuminations which I could gladly watch every night of the year and not tire of it.:sohappy:

3. Magic Kingdom: The only place where I really get the atmosphere in the Magic Kingdom is on Main Street. Toon Town is horrible and I find other areas of the park are let down by all the unthemed carts selling ice creams, turkey legs and balloons, not to mention the smells they create, for me it breaks the continuity and that was the very thing that Walt wanted to avoid when building the park.
Having said all that, I am not a regular visitor to the park and when I do get its usually during July at the busiest time, and with the Magic Kingdom having so many more guests than the other parks my views may be rather skewed. What are your opinions on this?

Having said that Splash Mountain beats Spiderman as the greatest attraction of all time. And then follow that up with Haunted Mansion; Pirates; Jungle Cruise; Big Thunder and Space Mountains and Mickeys Philharmagic, not to mention Spectro (the only Parade I make a point of seeing) and Wishes. Its easy for me to see why its a lot of others favourite.

4. My least favourite park is obviously the Studios, it lost a lot of atmosphere for me with the introduction of the hat and the massive downsizing/relevance of the studio and animation tours.

Coming from the UK a trip to Florida normally lasts for 2 weeks so this still means I enjoy spanding at least 2 full days at the studios.

The things I enjoy about it are Rock n Rollercoaster; Tower of Terror (which ties with Spiderman for second favourite ride) Fantasmic and Star Tours; Indiana Jones Stunt Show (Yes I love it and dont want to see it go away or change in any way). But apart from that there isn't that much else there that I am interested in, to be honest I usually fid that we drag out the afternoon until the first showing of Fantasmic.

Sorry for the rather long winded explanations, but what this thread really proves is that no matter what your preferences there is something for everyone and you will only find it at Disney World and I wish I was there right now.:lol:

Vince3

AK is my least favorite. I say this because I live in Tampa and have access to BG.
I would guess that people who love AK have never been to Busch Gardens.

BTW , 4 more days till WDW for 1 week !

Contemporary here we come!

Dragonrider1227

My favourite park is:

3. Magic Kingdom: The only place where I really get the atmosphere in the Magic Kingdom is on Main Street. Toon Town is horrible and I find other areas of the park are let down by all the unthemed carts selling ice creams, turkey legs and balloons, not to mention the smells they create, for me it breaks the continuity and that was the very thing that Walt wanted to avoid when building the park.
Having said all that, I am not a regular visitor to the park and when I do get its usually during July at the busiest time, and with the Magic Kingdom having so many more guests than the other parks my views may be rather skewed. What are your opinions on this?
What are my opinions? Well, I'm going to have to disagree with you a bit. I'll agree Fantasyland is a little "meh" though I like it's essence of a Renisance fair, and I DEFINETLY agree with Toontown. It's more like a ToonSTREET :dazzle: but the other lands do their job and do it well. Particularly Adventureland and Tomorrowland. I feel the most inversed in a theme there. 'Course, it helps that they're my favorite. You want to know what REALLY breaks the continuity? How about that BIIIIG castle in the center? How am I supposed to believe i'm in a futuristic world of Tomorrow or a deep, jungle when everywhere I turn, there's this huge French Fairy Tale castle in plain sight? :lol:And then there's Disneyland where they've got a huge swiss alps mountain that can be seen just about everywhere and Walt had that put there himself. :animwink:
and don't you TRY to take away my Turkey legs or my Ice Cream. It will get UGLY if I can't get my Mickey Mouse Ice Cream XD

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
AK is my least favorite. I say this because I live in Tampa and have access to BG.
I would guess that people who love AK have never been to Busch Gardens.

BTW , 4 more days till WDW for 1 week !

Contemporary here we come!

I have, Busch gardens has great coasters in a park, when I last went at least, staffed by monosylabic teens with chips on both shoulders, in a shabby untidt environment. Its hard to believe that Busch Gardens is owned by the same company that operates Sea World.

I think the term ____!te hole is how Id describe the parks appearance. IMHO of course.

The Empress Lilly

I love all four! :sohappy:

So let me instead share what I don't like about each park:

MK - too many hot, stroppy kids - well said, disney magic 06.

Epcot - I knew it back 25 years ago. Sorry, I like Epcot, but EPCOT was my dreamworld.

AK - I, for one, wish they would turn it into even more of a zoo! More lands, lots of extinct animals presented in their surroundings, or even magical animals if they must.

DHS - struggling to find a theme. It's not a studio anymore (or even a theme park pretending to be a studio). The great view down Hollywood Boulevard on the theater is gone, which is a great metaphore for what my general feel towards this park is.

Red devil

I would have to say AK. Although I do really like the park and Dinasour is probably my favourite ride in all of WDW, the other parks just have more to do. If I had to cut out one park on my Disney trip (which I have never had to do) I would always go with AK.

My least favorite park is AK. I suppose it's because I don't care for the theme as much as the others. Also, there isn't a ride there that each trip I "have" to see. While I love the safari, it's not enough to make me get on a bus and go there. We usually go every other trip.

Disneykidder

Used to be Epcot but now it is AK. AK is great but so hotttt and large. I do love a lot of things about it so although it is my least fav, we still enjoy it highly.:)

My order:
1. MK
2. DHS
3. Epcot
4. AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom