What's Your Idea for the Next Upcharge / Money Making Experience?

21stamps

Have you used Universal's Express Pass system? Because the Disney Fastpass+ system is free, everyone takes advantage of it and with the way the new Fastpass+ system is set up (vs the old paper passes), the lines are sometimes longer than the regular lines. I've never seen long Express Pass lines at Universal like there is with the Disney Fastpass+ lines. Going to a paid Fastpss+ system would cut down on the Fastpass+ lines and return it to the way it should be.
I have, but not in the past 7 years. More recently I have used the same system at 2 amusement parks.. this is few and far between-only when out of town friends visit.

The problem with WDW is exactly what I stated, the sheer volume of traffic eclipses any of the above mentioned parks. At what price point would be acceptable, and more importantly- useful.? Let's say you give all deluxe guests included passes, how many guests is that? Now you offer a paid FP to all others at a "reasonable" price point, a TON of people would purchase them. What happens to the lines? Are they better or worse than now?

I think they would be worse. I also don't think there's a good price point. That's why I believe it hasn't been done. (All of this is my own personal theory of course)
The current system disperses crowds. It also lets people purchase an early Morning at 2 of the parks so they can do the most sought after attractions.

ETA- I'm in the minority of people who actually prefer the new FP system compared to the paper ones. I like being able to choose a time on my phone, and I like not having to sprint to an attraction to grab a pass for it.

A paid FP system is not designed to disperse crowds. It exists only for a minority of guests to pay to avoid long wait times. You can not have a time slot FP system that is a paid one. It's one or the other.

They do offer 2 other options for those who wish to skip the lines-

VIP Premium tour- 7 hour minimum.
And
Ultimate Day of Thrills tour which is much more reasonably priced.

Last edited:

rkleinlein

These are not simply "options" as some like to point out... Disney is monetizing avoiding negatives of a Disney vacation. THAT is why these rub so many people wrong. Instead of improving the experience for all, Disney is creating class separation with "if you are willing to pay, we will take the pain away". THAT is why it's counter the the philosophies that made Disney great

Well said.

Kamikaze

Have you used Universal's Express Pass system? Because the Disney Fastpass+ system is free, everyone takes advantage of it and with the way the new Fastpass+ system is set up (vs the old paper passes), the lines are sometimes longer than the regular lines. I've never seen long Express Pass lines at Universal like there is with the Disney Fastpass+ lines. Going to a paid Fastpss+ system would cut down on the Fastpass+ lines and return it to the way it should be.

Disney's feelings on FP is that you can't spend money while standing in line. So If you're in a regular line for 60 minutes but FP line for only 15, thats an additional 75% of an hour they can sell stuff to you.

POLY LOVER

I don't mind the money and obviously most people don't either, the place is packed. Quality attractions are the issue, lately I feel taken advantage of. I just don't see the quality, and waiting years for something new is just bad planning. Disney is just way to large and diversified. The parks make millions but it's not being returned properly to the park fans.

drizgirl

I don't mind the money and obviously most people don't either, the place is packed. Quality attractions are the issue, lately I feel taken advantage of. I just don't see the quality, and waiting years for something new is just bad planning. Disney is just way to large and diversified. The parks make millions but it's not being returned properly to the park fans.

That summarizes it very well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney's feelings on FP is that you can't spend money while standing in line. So If you're in a regular line for 60 minutes but FP line for only 15, thats an additional 75% of an hour they can sell stuff to you.

Well, then, that's a win-win for Disney and for the customer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom