What's your fondest memory of WDW?

Goofyernmost

As a space fan growing up during the early years of NASAs race to the moon, Ive always been fascinated by all things space related and kept up on what the space program was doing. Our Stop & Shop grocery store had color photos you could collect each week of various scenes of rockets, astronauts photos and assorted Nasa things. I couldnt wait for my mom to go grocery shopping to see what I'd get next. All the kids were astronaut crazy in school.
Many years later as an adult, one year it happened that we were going to be at WDW during a space shuttle launch and the timing worked out perfectly so I could see the launch happen from MK. I was so excited the day of the launch hoping it wouldnt be put off from poor weather. It did go off on time and I was there!! The one and only time I could say I saw it.
I don't remember the exact date, but it was after 2000. Maybe it was the same one!

DisneyDoctor

1. I rode splash with my grandma when I was 5 or 6. It was my first ride ever and her last.
2. Years later I took my girlfriend (now wife) on splash for the first time and she fell in love with WDW later on in life.
3. Last year my wife and I took our son and seeing everything through his eyes made me appreciate it all on a new level and really fall in love with WDW even more.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Hearing Boba Fett's voice for the first time during the Galaxy Far, Far Away show at DHS in 2016. I LOST MY MIND. Then to top it all off, guess what scene we got on Star Tours?

MickeyCB

Like others there are many favorites but one that always sticks with me is my Grumpy husband who always complains while we are at home about why do we have to go again.
And then (and I have one time on video as proof), as we hit Main Street and are heading for the castle he always turns around walking backwards and he says, "come on everybody let's go!"

And as a little aside I've gone through 5 tissues reading this thread and I think someone should send it to the Disney higher ups so maybe they can be reminded how important all of this is for so many people.

KikoKea

A couple of very special memories:
After his Afghanistan deployment, my Marine son came home from overseas for leave unexpectedly just as we were leaving for WDW in Nov, but were able to make arrangements for him to fly with us. Oddly, he would not eat and he was shaking and clinging to me during the fireworks. That's when we knew something was wrong, though he kept saying he was fine. Then, on the 3rd night, we went to see the Osborne Lights and it was the first time he'd truly smiled on the trip- a big smile that made my heart feel so good! It is a picture I treasure. (He had a few rough years, but is doing well now.)

Other one is when hubby and I and took our 2 elderly moms to WDW. My mom was 88 and hubby's was 92, and we pushed them around in wheelchairs. My mom saw 7 Dwarfs coaster and declared "I'm going to ride that." So, she and I did (mom in law said it was too fast for her, so she would stick with Goofy's coaster). At the end, as we were getting off, I asked how she liked it. She said, "That was pretty good, but it needed to be longer!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom