What's your fondest memory of WDW?

WDWFanatic

One was when I proposed in front of the castle to my now wife.
Another was the entire backstage magic tour we did in the 90s. I was in my teens, My dad had to be in a wheelchair cause he broke his ankle and i painted a mickey on his cast. It got a lot of attention with the cast members and was also noticed by zachery ty bryan and his dad while they were in the tool time fathers day parade. They pointed to it and said "your son should work here!"

dreday3

Honestly, this trip the two of us playing the Bounty Hunter magic band + game at night at DHS. The cast members like to give clues, a lot of people were playing. It was a lot of unexpected fun!

I like to have a new best memory each trip, no looking back at my age. 😂

We have just had a really, really great trip. Got Tron and Guardians, ate new places, toured in a more relaxed manner. Just felt good. Also becoming those people where rides are almost secondary. Almost, not quite.

Still just love being at Epcot at night. Gives summer vibes of Chicago street festivals which if you live there, you live for. 😂

Last edited:

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
Great thread! There's so many, we moved here (just recently), but a few favorites:
1) Getting to see the "underside" (I believe it was the final scene) in the Carousel of Progress...which was partially responsible for me eventually becoming an engineer
2) Walking into EPCOT for the first time with my parents; I am still in awe of SSE
3) Taking a picture in front of SSE with my own family (over 20 years later)
4) Riding Space Mountain twice in a row (through a secret passage!) at park closing with my kids
5) Same thing for Big Thunder Railroad...but having the CM tell us to "sit tight for another ride"
6) Being chosen as the "family of the day" in Hollywood studios--which included "go to the head of the line" rides on ToT and RnRC--and being awarded a certificate which is now part of a scrapbook album my wife created in memory of our trip. I'm pretty sure we weren't the only "family of the day" that day, but we think it was some sort of marketing test for the "year of a thousand dreams" (or whatever that was) that followed.

Wow you've had some incredible opportunities and experiences!

Stupido

1) Running around Magic Kingdom during Traditions. It was an 8 hour day, mainly in conference rooms, but they made a point to bring us into the park, and put us on both Buzz and Haunted Mansion. Some people in Traditions had never stepped foot in a Disney park and seeing them tear up at the castle was really special, and has always stuck with me. The icing on the cake was Mickey Mouse giving us our name tags.

2) After working a wild spring break season, Disney facilitated an after hours event strictly for the cast members working at our location. We got to ride space mountain, and then two hours in the arcade with all the machines set to free to play. They also provided a bunch of pizza and drinks for us. This was probably my favorite day of my entire college program, they really made this experience so special for us.

3) Going back after a decade with my best friend from childhood, as well as my best friend from my college program this past October. Everything seemed to just fall into place during the trip, and it was honestly the perfect week for us. I was feeling a bit disenfranchised from the Magic for a while now, and it was everything I needed to pull me right back in.

Graham9

Several things I guess.
1. Going into WDW for the first time, not knowing what to expect and being overwhelmed by everything
2. Proposing to my wife in Cinderella's Royal Table.
3. Having our Honeymoon in Port Orleans resort
4. Spending Christmas and New Year at WDW (It was good, but never again)
5. (Being a little cynical) Getting tickets from a FastPass machine!

the_rich

For me it's a pretty emotional memory. My family went to wdw for the first time in 1994 when i was 9 and we had the best time. My father was planning another trip in 1996 when he passed away. Suffice it to say life changed dramatically. In 2003 I paid for mother, myself and sister to go back to wdw. Walking into the magic kingdom for the first time transported me back to 1994 to a happier time.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I did forget to include proposing to my now-wife in front of Cinderella Castle just before FitS started. And also the time my family was at EPCOT Center when the temp was 49F with a wind chill in the upper 30's, and my sister was an hour late to meet up with my parents and I under SSE because she borrowed my mom's watch when we split up (this had to be 1985, I think) but my mom had forgotten to change the time on it (You all should know why we were cold waiting for her).

BBarker34

Had a lot of fond memories there for sure. I want to say my fondest one though was during my first trip, walking down Main Street USA and seeing Cinderella Castle for very first time. This was in the early 2000’s. As soon as I first laid my eyes on it, my younger self shouted, “I SEE THE CASTLE!!! SEE THE CASTLE!!!”, to my parents and grandparents. The castle was quite a sight to see in person for the first time. Haven’t been to Disney World since 2005 though and would do absolutely anything to go back and see it again.

Lilofan

When we were standing in front of Hollywood Blvd many years ago at DHS one evening and saw many looking up in the sky. Then we felt a sonic boom and then saw a shuttle launch go up into the clear night sky . A number of guests were clapping , some were crying , many were cheering.

Goofyernmost

When we were standing in front of Hollywood Blvd many years ago at DHS one evening and saw many looking up in the sky. Then we felt a sonic boom and then saw a shuttle launch go up into the clear night sky . A number of guests were clapping , some were crying , many were cheering.
I was returning from an offsite break in the early evening one year and while riding the tram from the parking lot to MK, I happened to glance to the east and spotted the shuttle take off from Cape Canaveral. I yelled out "The Shuttle is taking off" and pointed toward the east. To me it became just a one time attraction at WDW. 🥳

Walt Disney1955

So many memories.............but I'll start in 1991 which was my first trip. Seeing Small World, and being so sure that Hall of Presidents was real people. I couldn't believe how life-like they were. Thunder Mountain being a surprisingly good rollercoaster as well. Splash Mountain (this would be 1995 by now) at the top just before we dropped.

Talking to an older couple from France who could not speak English. I could speak French from school, actually quite well back then in 1991, and I talked to them while we were waiting in line for the Skyway. My dad kept trying to talk to them in English and they couldn't understand him. I would translate and I can remember saying something like "Ah, it's alright, he doesn't know French!" It was a fun conversation and I'll bet they were thrilled someone in Florida spoke fluent French with them. I can remember them being so excited that a new Disneyland was opening up next year in France.

JIMINYCR

I was returning from an offsite break in the early evening one year and while riding the tram from the parking lot to MK, I happened to glance to the east and spotted the shuttle take off from Cape Canaveral. I yelled out "The Shuttle is taking off" and pointed toward the east. To me it became just a one time attraction at WDW. 🥳
As a space fan growing up during the early years of NASAs race to the moon, Ive always been fascinated by all things space related and kept up on what the space program was doing. Our Stop & Shop grocery store had color photos you could collect each week of various scenes of rockets, astronauts photos and assorted Nasa things. I couldnt wait for my mom to go grocery shopping to see what I'd get next. All the kids were astronaut crazy in school.
Many years later as an adult, one year it happened that we were going to be at WDW during a space shuttle launch and the timing worked out perfectly so I could see the launch happen from MK. I was so excited the day of the launch hoping it wouldnt be put off from poor weather. It did go off on time and I was there!! The one and only time I could say I saw it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom