Whats your favorite thing to do outside the parks (but still in the world)

Bparso87

Having a glass of wine on the Akl balcony after a long day in the parks and the kids are asleep is very relaxing. Counter service breakfast at most any resort. Using my refillable mug:). World of Disney last thing before we leave. Resort hopping during the holidays to see decorations.
I love breakfast at the resorts to don't know why food is not the best but there is something about it.

Bama14

We have a tradition of one night heading down to the Boardwalk for a couple of hours. We visit the Bakery, watch some of the entertainers, and Garrett likes to play on the little beach area for a few minutes. Then we'll head over the Winter/Summerland mini golf and play both sides. It's a nice break from the parks for a few hours. Just slow down and truly kind of relax.

DisneyJunkie

I find it enjoyable at times simply to "ride the rails", so to speak and hop on the monorail....both loops for just a lazy, casual ride around the World. I also enjoyed just riding the boat from the Poly to MK to GF and back again (it was especially nice when the MK fireworks show was going on). People-watching, which can be done all over the world whether in a park or otherwise, is always an interesting source of amusement.

EOD K9

-Visit his highness the Earl of Sandwich
-Visiting Winter/Summerland
-Playing with the WDW K9 Unit at their kennels (sorry, its something you "normies" can't do)
-Realizing that no matter where I am, enjoying it as I'm not at work and in the land of the "The Mouse"

Mawg

Lunch at the Earl of Sandwich
Sitting at the Polynesian to watch the Fireworks & the Electric Water Pageant!

Do you usually stay at the Polynesian? The reason I ask is I made dinning reservations at 6:45 PM there one night so that we can watch the Pageant and the Fireworks from the beach. It's for a non-park day and we are staying at PORS. The Pageant is at 9pm and fireworks are at 10 PM and the MK also closes at 10PM. I'm wondering what the monorail and buses back to PORS will be like since we need to get up really early the next morning?

Aurora1

Do you usually stay at the Polynesian? The reason I ask is I made dinning reservations at 6:45 PM there one night so that we can watch the Pageant and the Fireworks from the beach. It's for a non-park day and we are staying at PORS. The Pageant is at 9pm and fireworks are at 10 PM and the MK also closes at 10PM. I'm wondering what the monorail and buses back to PORS will be like since we need to get up really early the next morning?

I've never stayed at the Poly- We went during a slow January week and just went down to the beach area one night. It was a great time!

wbtc

Great thread!

• Walking the nature trail behind WL-seeing the mini deer and armadillos
  • Walking the Boardwalk at night...lights, music, smells etc
  • Riding the Boat from Beach Club to HS (One boat drivers had trained a duck to sit on his shoulder!)
  • Riding the Boats around MK resorts
  • Swimming in the Beach Club pool
  • Shopping in the resort stores
  • Ping-pong on the path at the Beach Club
  • Listening to the music loops anywhere
  • Monorail rides
  • Riding back to the resort on a bus from DTD and enjoying the music in the dark
  • Surprisingly, waiting at any bus stop...I don't know why I enjoy it
  • Sitting in any resort lobby
Cant wait, we'll be there in 13days:D

Aurora1

Great thread!

• Walking the nature trail behind WL-seeing the mini deer and armadillos
  • Walking the Boardwalk at night...lights, music, smells etc
  • Riding the Boat from Beach Club to HS (One boat drivers had trained a duck to sit on his shoulder!)
  • Riding the Boats around MK resorts
  • Swimming in the Beach Club pool
  • Shopping in the resort stores
  • Ping-pong on the path at the Beach Club
  • Listening to the music loops anywhere
  • Monorail rides
  • Riding back to the resort on a bus from DTD and enjoying the music in the dark
  • Surprisingly, waiting at any bus stop...I don't know why I enjoy it
  • Sitting in any resort lobby
Cant wait, we'll be there in 13days:D

I love listening to the music loops! I have a ton on my iPod and I'm gearing up for my trip- 13 days as well!!

Lexxweb

-Have a golden margarita at DTD
-Take a ferry ride from DTD
-Take a bus from DTD to a hotel and explore
-Monorail rides without getting off to go to a park
-Listen to jazz in the GFlo lobby
-Lay on the beach at the Polynesian and watch the fireworks/electrical water pageant
-Minigolf at fantasia gardens

Mikester71

-Grab an ice cream at Ghirardelli's on a warm, March evening (knowing that it is probably cold and snowy back home) and people watch while enjoying said ice cream
-Do some serious shopping/window shopping in Downtown Disney
-Spend the day relaxing at Typhoon Lagoon, enjoying the lazy river, wave pool, and Crush 'N' Gusher (one of my favourite WDW attractions)
-Relax poolside by the 50's bowling pin pool at Pop Century during a hot day

plaz10

I really love visiting other resorts - eating, shopping, exploring!

I really love riding the monorail too - so combining those 2 things are probably my fav!

KCheatle

We love the Chip and Dale S'more's outdoor movie at Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds. We just take the boat from WL over there and back. It's a great little getaway and a nice way to end the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom