What's your favorite park in WDW and why?

Sammyste

Original Poster
Personally, my favorite park is EPCOT by far. I feel it has the best ambience and the right balance of rides, shows, and restaurants for a fulfilling day. :sohappy:

HouCuseChickie

I used to say my fave was Epcot. As a kid and young adult, it was the park where I had the most fun- yet, I always felt conflicted b/c I couldn't go to WDW without some time in the MK and feel like it was a complete trip. In fact, every time I've ever skipped MK- I feel like I'm missing something to the point where I get a bit depressed. It wasn't until taking my kids for the first time that I realized that MK really is my fave park. It truly had the highest magic factor for us of any park.

forevermickey

again so hard to pick one... It use to be the Magic Kingdom hands down... and I still LOVE the MK and nothing can take it's place. The magic and spirit it embodies is so unique! .... but as I have gotten older Epcot has something that has made me fall in love with it.... there is also a "home" like feeling there... even though I miss the past Future World... but that's another thread! lol!

The Empress Lilly

When I was young, for several years EPCOT was the park for me. The One. So grand, so beautiful, so exciting. However, at some point I realised that in the end, it was and always will the Magic Kingdom which is the most magical.

This was before the destruction of Future World. This demise made my choice of MK for top spot more pronounced. I wish it wasn't the case, and I don't want to dwell forever in a half-forgotten past, but there is a certain sadness over me when I walk Future World. It is only in World Showcase that I can fully enjoy EPCOT, the park of my dreams, of my imagination, of cherished childhood memories.

I, too, could conceive of going to Disney for a short break without going to EPCOT. But not without going to the MK. It would feel incmplete, as if I hadn't been to Disney at all.

MarkTwain

Epcot for me. Even taking into the account the changes to Future World (mentioned above), the whole of Epcot is brimming with such optimism and positive energy that it always brings a smile to my face. :) The message of promise and a better tomorrow is a very encouraging one, and is a very nice thing to reflect on when life is tough. Plus World Showcase has so many nuances, hidden places and copious amounts of detail that I can go even today, after countless visits, and discover new things there.

We're actually going to be spending a few days at the World this Christmas, but the only Disney park we're visiting is Epcot. :lol: (In contrast to the trip I just got back from, where we only did the water parks and DHS)

Minnie1976

Magic Kingdom - atmosphere, attractions, the design and easy access to the attractions compared to the other parks, the music and the smells. There is nothing like walking onto Main Street and the turn of the 20th century atmosphere with the Castle in front of you. It is the park where I like to start my Disney trips and where I like to end them with one more look at the Castle. No matter how many pictures you have of the Castle you still end up taking more pictures. The Magic Kingdom is just very special to my family. There was only the Magic Kingdom when we started going to Disney. It is where we spent 6 Disney trips before there was an Epcot Center.

Walt Disney1955

Magic Kingdom for me. There will never be a park that can replace that aura. I haven't yet done Disneyland though.

For the MK I think the feeling of even being in the parking lot is magical. Taking the tram to the monorail/ferry. You are so close to MK, yet still so far. You can see the Castle from a distance if you are standing in the right spot.

Then walking under the arch, walking up Main Street, is just such a unique feeling. Plus my favourite attractions are there. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash, Small World, CBJ, Carousel of Progress, pretty near almost everything there I love. And the history is outstanding. Not just in the Hall of Presidents but the park itself. There is a sense of Walt being there as well. You don't quite get that feel at the other parks, you can't. But at Magic Kingdom you do.

PartOfYourWorld

I have two and can't decide between them, MK and HS. MK just because of how much magic is in the place just walking up toward the castle is one of the greatest feelings and moments in the whole world.

I know you're probably wondering why HS though? For one it contains my favorite ride TOT, The Voyage of the Little Mermaid is my favorite show, I just love the buildings and look of everything there and probably one of the best things about HS: Citizens of Hollywood I look forward to watching them everytime I'm there.

Susan Savia

Epcot always. Our last vacation in January we spent 9 days in the parks and 6 of them consisted of Epcot either all day or part thereof!

bgraham34

My favorite in 89 and 93 was MGM. I loved it there I always had such a blast. I have memories of seeing shows being filmed there like Star Search and Mickey Mouse Club. THen in 99 on a solo trip I no longer loved the park and thus the Magic Kingdom became my favorite and always will now. MK I feel like a kid again and the music throughout the park gives such strong emotional response my wife and I always listen to it at home.

C&D

I'm kind of with Motorpro #13 post; Epcot is my favorite (but I need the Magic Kingdom, being there, for the complete experience).

kybred72

Mk

Hands down it's the Magic Kingdom! The sights, the smells, the sounds, the awe of simply seeing the castle after rounding that corner on Main Street.... sigh..... It's this warm, fuzzy feeling I get that can't be duplicated anywhere else except at the only and only Magic Kingdom. I always alot 2 days of our vacation for the MK; the first day and the last day.

jlevis

All of the parks have elements that I love and look forward to seeing and doing. But only the Magic Kingdom pulls it all together for me. Going up Main Street and seeing the castle and the Partners Statue puts a big smile on my face and takes years off this old body.

plaz10

it's EPCOT for me. I think because when I first went it was my first park. And I was terrified to ride anything except Spaceship Earth so naturally it's my favorite ride. There is something about SSE (sights and smells) that just signify "You're at Disney World" for me. Makes me tear up every trip. And now my love has grown as I now appreciate World Showcase and adore eating/drinking around the world. Really gorgeous park. And they have the best restaurants! Even non exciting rides (Figment, Living w/the Land, Maelstrom) are among my favorites because of the EPCOT nostalgia.

powlessfamily4

MK! Walking down Main Street towrad the castle evokes such an overwhelming feeling of joy for me. I feel like I am living in a dream. I guess I am...

Walt's Dream, what a great place to be!

ArtieJim

Epcot, hands down. Always was. When I was younger I was always into the whole futuristic thing and as I aged and Future World got decidedly less interesting (Innovations) I fell in love with the World Showcase, now it's where I spend most of my time at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom