• Spaceship Earth

Votes: 45 39.1%
  • The Hat

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

BuzzGoofy

The hat is just OK to me.

Spaceship Earth is very impressive.

The Castle is very Disney and it is always an emotional experience to emerge from under the train station and look along Main Street USA to see it in all it's glory.

This brings me to the Tree of Life. I absolutely love it. To think that it started a an oil rig and that they transformed it into a symbol of the living world of animals. The animals are so detailed and in lifelike poses. There are so many animals on it that I can look at, and photograph, it for hours. I have been to the AK 4 times on my 2 trips to the World and I still find new thins on it.

Cosmic Commando

I voted for SSE.

Cinderella Castle is stunningly beautiful, and I don't think anything gives you that "vacation" feel like turning down MSUSA and seeing it for the first time on your trip. Let's be honest, though: it is essentially a hallway to Fantasyland that is closed most of the time because of the castle show and a restaurant that 99% of park guests won't be eating in that day.

The Tree of Life is great as well. I really think it deserves more credit than it gets purely as a work of art. Something that big, with that much detail? Amazing. It's also a great example of resourceful Imagineering (did you know that the Tree is built on the base for an offshore oil drilling platform?). I also like ITTBAB, but it's no headliner. That knocks down the Tree of Life a peg for me.

Spaceship Earth is beautifully modern, reflecting the theme of Future World wonderfully. It is an engineering marvel, and it houses a major attraction that cycles a lot of people. I really can't think of a negative.

I'm not going to dignify the Hat with a response.

PlutosRHM55

Cinderella Castle, no questions asked. I'm always upset if I never see it on my first day at the parks. It just stands in a class of its own.

KRAKENvsMANTA

I voted for Spaceship Earth. It's simply an awesome site when pulling into EPCOT's parking lot.

I know it's not a true ?icon? and not centered in the middle of Hollywood Studios, but I consider Tower of Terror more iconic than that silly sorcerer's hat!

Banksy

Castle!!! Duhhhh.

I am quite shocked how many people have picked the golf ball...YEAHHHH THAT'S RIGHT...I said "The Golf Ball" :D:ROFLOL: Just kidding :)

I could stare at the tree of life all day though :)

worldfanatic

Spaceship Earth.

Other parks have castles.
What other park has a giant trippy looking ball...............................WITH FRICKIN' A RIDE IN IT.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

The Empress Lilly

I can not choose between SSE and the Castle. :eek:

I do need the return of the platic sculpture in the fountain in front of SSE, that I can admire again my beloved ball as it is supposed to be. :cry:

David S.

Tree of Life, with Cinderella Castle a close second.

Magic Kingdom is my favorite of the 4 WDW parks and I love Fantasyland and the Disney Animated Classic films it is based on more than any other land at WDW...

But, I also LOVE animals, and the Tree Of Life - with it's carvings, symbolism, and message - inspires me more than the other icons. Plus, as others have said, it houses an attraction, It's Tough To Be A Bug, which is one of my faves in all of WDW.

I do like to walk through the Castle whenever possible and enjoy the mosaic murals which tell the story of Cinderella, and I also enjoy the nearby Cinderella Fountain and Cinderella Wishing Well, so it is really close between the Tree and the Castle.

Engine 51

Most Classic Icon: Cinderella Castle
Most Original Icon: Spaceship Earth
Best Attention to Detail: Tree of Life
Best Waste of Space that ruins the Best Hidden Mickey ever and contains a Pin Shop: The Hat

lisak09

It has to be the castle, there's nothing like that first sight of it. That's when it always hits me, i'm at WDW!!!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Now that "The Naked Ball" is back, I ranked it as my favorite. As much as I like Cinderella's castle as being original and everything, Spaceship Earth isn't a bigger copy of Sleeping Beauty's castle and is all basically original and not based on a movie.

Why didn't you have the MGM Studios Water Tower?

imagineer boy

Its a really close call between the tree of life, castle, and SSE.

I'm probably going to have to choose SSE. Its just such a monumental piece of architecture.

I do have only one critisism about it though, I think the tiles should have been made more silver in color (maybe stainless steel?) because the white makes it resemble a golf ball that people unfortunately associate it with.

spectromagic04

Original Poster
Wow looks like Spaceship Earth and Cinderella's Castle are very close in votes! I am very surprised so far that the Tree of Life only has 11 votes.

cheezbat

For me it has to be Cinderella castle...but that's because you see it, and it automatically opens up the flood of emotions and thoughts of childhood past and it screams DISNEY.

Spaceship Earth is a VERY close second. It's distinctly Walt Disney World...and not found anywhere else. It's a very stunning structure.

You know, its really sad that Hollywood Studios is the one park without a solid and amazing icon. Sure, it had the Earful Tower as an icon, but that just didn't scream true icon to me for the park...then of course there's the Chinese Theater, which they so wisely decided to block with the Sorcerer's Hat...which then got forced down our throats as the 'new' supposed park icon. Pretty sad a giant hat that's basically a pin trading store is the park icon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom