Whats your Favorite? EMH or LMH ( Extra magic hrs)

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
New thread time! I have always Slept in and did night extra Magic hours what does every one else do? I have never done Early hours! Also if you have done both which do you find more rewarding?> As in less lines less people etc!

scbb11Sketch

I'm gonna try to answer but I was just blinded by that pink font!
I always prefer the late magic hours. I want to be able to sleep in on my vacations. Getting up at 7am to get to a park sounds too much like going to work in the morning. When the extra hours are late, they are almost always more than an hour as well. The morning hours seem to be just an hour and that isn't worth it to me. The later hours get the young kids out of the park and make the rides more accessible. And I love when the EMH around Christmas and New Year's go until 1 or 2 in the morning. By that time, the parks have emptied out and every ride becomes a walk on, even at such a busy time of the year.

ABigBrassBand

Late Magic Hours for sure, simply because I'm more of a night owl than an early bird...although I'm always there for opening/closing regardless of hours.

spectromagic04

I prefer late magic hours because I hate waking up in early in the morning. Also because morning magic hours are only 1 hour long which I think is not worth it and late magic hours are 3 hours long!

lmh in magic kingdom for sure it is soooooo awesome there at night when its you and a few hundred other people running from ride to ride at 2 am:ROFLOL:

forevermickey

I have always been an early bird, but I don't like Early MH because I like to eat a good buffet breakfast and get to the park by 9am... to have to be there by 8am is too early for me..... I would love Late MH but by daughter is 5:(

spectromagic04

lmh in magic kingdom for sure it is soooooo awesome there at night when its you and a few hundred other people running from ride to ride at 2 am:ROFLOL:
Thats my favorite thing about late magic hours you go ride to ride with no wait and you could almost do all the rides in one night at the MK.

I prefer the Evening EMH, I also am a night person and I just prefer the feel of the parks in the evening when everything is lit up. I also agree that since it is 3 hours vs the 1 hour in the am, it just seems more worth it. Plus a lot of people won't stay the whole time if they have been at the park since opening so it doesn't seem too crowded usually. It's nice to basically walk right on most of the rides.

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
I prefer the Evening EMH, I also am a night person and I just prefer the feel of the parks in the evening when everything is lit up. I also agree that since it is 3 hours vs the 1 hour in the am, it just seems more worth it. Plus a lot of people won't stay the whole time if they have been at the park since opening so it doesn't seem too crowded usually. It's nice to basically walk right on most of the rides.

especially if they have little kids

Matt and Kelly

I have to say the late nights at Magic Kingdom are pretty awesome. I have no problem getting up early to take advantage of the morning EMH, but being in the Magic Kingdom until 2 am with next to no lines is pretty tough to beat!

powlessfamily4

I have been to early hours once at MK and was able to ride POC, IASW, SM, BTMRR, PPF and had breakfast at the Main Street Bakery all by 11:00. It was awesome!!

Having said that... late hours are my favorite!! There is nothing like walking an almost empty park at night. It's beautiful.

loveofamouse

in theory, morning EMH should be best since no one wants to get up early and the sun is out so great photos without crowds.

That said, I love evening EMH. I am not a morning person. I am a night owl. Staying out late seems to go better with vacaying than getting up early. lol. Plus, evenings are longer, usually.

WDW 3

Absolutely Late!! We love all the parks after dark. The only exception would be HS for TSM. In October we were at the rope drop. I got FP and my fam went on the ride. First car! One of the screens didn't work so they got to ride right away a second time. I was wondering what was taking them so long:) Those two rode TSM 3 times by 9:30.

PineapplePrincess

We are going to avoid morning EMH on our August trip. We think that it makes those parks a lot more crowded that day.
We will still get to Epcot & DHS at opening time on non-morning EMH days in order to ride Soarin' & TSM more than once.
We don't have any early MK days scheduled at all, but plan to be there for both evening EMH nights.
We'll see how it works out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom