What's your all time favorite Disney attraction??

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
I got to wondering about my favorite Disney attraction of all time when updating my info about me on this board and had a really hard time just choosing one. There are so many attractions I enjoy I can't seem to pin in down to just one. I really like Splash Mountain, but I also really Mickey's Philharmagic because of the music, but then there's the teacups I enjoy so much because my daughter loves them too.
What's your all time favorite attraction (or 2, or 3)? Can you just pick 1?

WDWisAMAZING

I got to wondering about my favorite Disney attraction of all time when updating my info about me on this board and had a really hard time just choosing one. There are so many attractions I enjoy I can't seem to pin in down to just one. I really like Splash Mountain, but I also really Mickey's Philharmagic because of the music, but then there's the teacups I enjoy so much because my daughter loves them too.
What's your all time favorite attraction (ot 2, or 3)? Can you just pick 1?

It's very hard for me to choose between Mickey's Philharmagic and the American Idol Experience. :veryconfu But, I think I'm going to have to choose Mickey's Philharmagic as my all time favorite Disney World attraction. Even though I've seen it so many times, I never get bored with it. It's very entertaining!

rsoxguy

I think that Disney's ability to make a simple drop ride such a thematic wonder is amazing. My vote goes to Tower of Terror.

MerlinTheGoat

I'd have to say that in its top shape, probably WDW's Splash Mountain. I adore log flumes, but this one is absolutely incredible. It's long, amazingly themed with tons of charming animated characters and scenes. Very catchy music, and some very fun thrills (for both young and old generations). It's also one of the few thrill-type rides that my mother loves as well (she can't ride a lot of the thrill rides).

Runner up (and potential rival for when Splash is having a really bad day with maintenance) would probably be the Disneyland Paris version of Pirates of the Caribbean. Specifically choosing that one as it's the overall best version of that ride. Perfect pacing and really neat scenes.

Non rides, i'd have to say Spectromagic is tops. Best parade ever in my opinion. Gorgeous floats and some of the most epic and magical music i've ever heard. It affects me on a deep level. When Spectromagic isn't around though, i'll say Philharmagic is also awesome (nice to see Donald, my favorite Disney character, take center stage).

cheezbat

VERY tough one.

Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion hold very dear places in my heart...but my all time fave attraction in WDW has to be Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. The sheer size and dominance of that tower over the park just draws me in. The theming is amazing, and the story just sucks you in. Best of all it's a fantastic ride that never gets old!

My favorite ride/attraction at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim has to be Indiana Jones. LOVE LOVE LOVE that ride! Love the character, love the theming, love the ride, love the music...not a day goes by where I wish WDW would just add this over here already.

Skippy's Pal

MK: Splash
Epcot: Soarin'
Studios: nuthin' (OK, GMR I guess, but getting sooooo tired)
AK: The Safari, really. Just not a yeti fan.

If I could only do one: Splash

However, if Disneyland's Indiana Jones were at WDW, chosing between that and Splash would be really tough.

tink729

Really tough one...I had it down to Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror simply because they are the most in depth rides in terms of themes. When you enter any of these three, you are completely immersed in the story and the world of it around you. I think ultimately I have to go with the Haunted Mansion due to the amazing history and design behind it. You're completely drawn in the second you see the gates and hear the howling dog.

MissM

My favorite of all time? Without a doubt, Imagination. It just still sticks in my memory of my first trip when I was 7. The ride, the pavilion, the post show ImageWorks...just all of it was SO magical for me. :)

WeLoveTheMouse

Yeah it's pretty hard to pick just one, isn't it? I really love Finding Nemo:The Musical and Mickey's Philharmagic. Those are probably my current #1 and #2.

But if I think of things in an all-time sense, then it has to be Space Mountain. Loved it as a kid and still love it as an adult.

HM,PoTC,Soarin', and SSE. However I don't feel that I have truly "arrived" at the world until I've been on The Great Movie Ride. It's something about those tambourines in the Showboat clip that seem to say "welcome".

MickeyPeace

I have to go with Haunted Mansion because it is the one that I enjoyed most as a child. Respect goes to HM.

There are others that sometimes I enjoy more and it changes with each visit.

I think an interesting twist on this might be which attraction had the greatest potential that was not reached. I love Kali River Rapids queue. It just might be my favorite. I also really like the ride but it could have been so much better.

Rlevy33663

My Faves

Carousel of Progress and The American Adventure hold special places in my heart. Not sure if you'd consider them rides though...

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Tower of Terror used to be #1 without question for me, but the recent upgrades of the Haunted Mansion (MK version of course) have made it a virtual tie!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom