What's wrong with wishes???

MissM

Original Poster
So we hit three parks with the in-laws yesterday (whew! don't want to do that again!) and finished at MK to check out Wishes. Now, they don't go all the time and in fact, this was the first time Love's father was at Disney in like 20 years. It was a special trip with five of us there. Just for the holidays, enjoying the special decorations and the Castle lights.

Well imagine my surprise then when Wishes started....and went completely to crap. It was awful!! The show was seriously broken. At the very beginning, we had two of the wishes... "shooting star" fireworks (the single ones that shoot up from either side and cross each other's path) AND THEN NO MORE. The whole show - NONE. They just didn't have them.

And all the lower-level fireworks were missing. ALL OF THEM. Genie's segment where they burst from either side; the Evil Queen's launched side ones; the single RED ones that pop up during Fantasia section (my favorite part) - ALL GONE! Only the upper air ones went off. (And not even all of those - the Evil Queen's yellow burst at the end above the Castle when she laughs were missing.) So there were BIG gaps where it was just music and NO fireworks.

IT WAS AWFUL.

I thought maybe things were broken because seriously EVERY SINGLE FIREWORK that is the lower launch was missing but then they had just a handful at the end in the finale.

SO WHAT GIVES??? Why is Wishes so severely broken? I mean, it was at least a third of the show's fireworks that were just not there. And I mean, sections where there was NOTHING going on because of it.

MISSING:
wishes-missing1.jpg

wishes-missing2.jpg

wishes-missing3.jpg

wishes-missing4.jpg

wishes-missing5.jpg

All of that AND WAY MORE was missing. Just to give you an example of how bad and butchered it was.

Is this how it's going to be from now on?? Because it was seriously disappointing. I'm going to write Disney a letter about it. This wasn't just a shell here or there missing, it was ENTIRE aspects badly torn out, leaving HUGE holes. (I wanted to go to Guest Services and ask what was up last night but Love didn't want to with his parents there.)

Horrible people. And sad. What gives??

EPCOT Explorer

So we hit three parks with the in-laws yesterday (whew! don't want to do that again!) and finished at MK to check out Wishes. Now, they don't go all the time and in fact, this was the first time Love's father was at Disney in like 20 years. It was a special trip with five of us there. Just for the holidays, enjoying the special decorations and the Castle lights.

Well imagine my surprise then when Wishes started....and went completely to crap. It was awful!! The show was seriously broken. At the very beginning, we had two of the wishes... "shooting star" fireworks (the single ones that shoot up from either side and cross each other's path) AND THEN NO MORE. The whole show - NONE. They just didn't have them.

And all the lower-level fireworks were missing. ALL OF THEM. Genie's segment where they burst from either side; the Evil Queen's launched side ones; the single RED ones that pop up during Fantasia section (my favorite part) - ALL GONE! Only the upper air ones went off. (And not even all of those - the Evil Queen's yellow burst at the end above the Castle when she laughs were missing.) So there were BIG gaps where it was just music and NO fireworks.

IT WAS AWFUL.

I thought maybe things were broken because seriously EVERY SINGLE FIREWORK that is the lower launch was missing but then they had just a handful at the end in the finale.

SO WHAT GIVES??? Why is Wishes so severely broken? I mean, it was at least a third of the show's fireworks that were just not there. And I mean, sections where there was NOTHING going on because of it.

MISSING:
wishes-missing1.jpg

wishes-missing2.jpg

wishes-missing3.jpg

wishes-missing4.jpg

wishes-missing5.jpg

All of that AND WAY MORE was missing. Just to give you an example of how bad and butchered it was.

Is this how it's going to be from now on?? Because it was seriously disappointing. I'm going to write Disney a letter about it. This wasn't just a shell here or there missing, it was ENTIRE aspects badly torn out, leaving HUGE holes. (I wanted to go to Guest Services and ask what was up last night but Love didn't want to with his parents there.)

Horrible people. And sad. What gives??

WOW...That's horrible!

I'm guessing it's a malfunction?:lookaroun Hope it is...

and not a cut.

-:cry::(*nervous*:dazzle:

Expo_Seeker40

New for 2009: "Wishes: Imagine Your Fantasy" Disney is pleased to announce a new version of its popular Wishes fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom. "Our guests are always telling us that they want new and immersive experiences, especially ones that are relevant to today. And, in spite of the economy, we will now offer "Imagine Your Fantasy" where fireworks will only be shown at the beginning and end of the show so that all guests can close their eyes and listen to the music and imagine their own fireworks show in their mind. We did test audiences last month, and along with Stitch's Great Escape and the Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management, the test audience agreed, that Imagine Your Fantasy is another excellent addition to our ever chaging, ever relevant rides, shows, and attractions....what will you celebrate this, well....just use your imagination!"-Disney Spokesperson

:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

New for 2009: "Wishes: Imagine Your Fantasy" Disney is pleased to announce a new version of its popular Wishes fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom. "Our guests are always telling us that they want new and immersive experiences, especially ones that are relevant to today. And, in spite of the economy, we will now offer "Imagine Your Fantasy" where fireworks will only be shown at the beginning and end of the show so that all guests can close their eyes and listen to the music and imagine their own fireworks show in their mind. We did test audiences last month, and along with Stitch's Great Escape and the Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management, the test audience agreed, that Imagine Your Fantasy is another excellent addition to our ever chaging, ever relevant rides, shows, and attractions....what will you celebrate this, well....just use your imagination!"-Disney Spokesperson

What a sweatshirt mom.:rolleyes:

.:lol::lol:

Bug715

Hopefully that's just a malfunction. The red fantasia ones are my favorite. I know they were working when I saw Wishes in October

EPCOT Explorer

Hopefully that's just a malfunction. The red fantasia ones are my favorite. I know they were working when I saw Wishes in October

That's what I am hoping for...It seems odd that a few shells would fire in the finale but none during the bulk of the show.

Believe it or not, this is the 1st ever Wishes problem I have ever heard.:(

MissM

Original Poster
I LOVE those. It's my favorite part. So to sit and just watch the Castle with the colored lights overlay, but NO fireworks was really bad.

That's what I am hoping for...It seems odd that a few shells would fire in the finale but none during the bulk of the show.

I hope it's just a problem too. MK was PACKED last night for Wishes. And when the first section failed to go off, I thought, Oh, a timing issue somewhere? but then when it kept NOT happening, I got really upset/sad. I LOVE Wishes and look forward to it each and every time. I really know the show by heart since I've seen it so many times. Which is why all the missing bits were so glaring.

I was there last month at the beginning of November, and everything was fine then too. We're heading out next weekend as well and if it's broken again, I think I may cry.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

It's had some before. There were some issues early on with the show. Usually though, it is very reliable. Much more so than RoE.

EPCOT Explorer

I LOVE those. It's my favorite part. So to sit and just watch the Castle with the colored lights overlay, but NO fireworks was really bad.

I hope it's just a problem too. MK was PACKED last night for Wishes. And when the first section failed to go off, I thought, Oh, a timing issue somewhere? but then when it kept NOT happening, I got really upset/sad. I LOVE Wishes and look forward to it each and every time. I really know the show by heart since I've seen it so many times. Which is why all the missing bits were so glaring.

I was there last month at the beginning of November, and everything was fine then too. We're heading out next weekend as well and if it's broken again, I think I may cry.
Now you know how ROE fans feel FOR EVERY SHOW.:brick::ROFLOL:
Okay, what is a sweatshirt mom? I've seen that term used a few times on this forum.

I'm worried that because I have to ask I might be one.:lookaroun

:lol:
It's a funny term Expo coined that describes people (usually women that have kids) that only visit WDW every few years, know nothing about the parks, and think that EVERYTHING Disney does is amazing.:drevil::lol::lol:

It's had some before. There were some issues early on with the show. Usually though, it is very reliable.
I WISH :)lookaroun) they could do that with ROE:lookaroun

Expo_Seeker40

When I come back from WDW in January, I will have a trip report and photo wdwmagicpedia that will show what a sweatshirtmom is as well as other people in the realm of wdw

but yes they tend to wear swearshirts, usually they have a date on them, typically when the last time they went to WDW, you may find a sweatshirtmom in your local mall or grocery store, they usually wear the grey sweatshirts that are worn out with a faded of image daisy duck on them.

They tend to go in groups into such controversial rides like enchanted tiki room under new mangament and the many adventures of winnie the pooh.

They love wearing bright white socks to go their bright white sneakers and laugh at everything, and can't find a single flaw with WDW because they have been sniffing the magical fumes since the moment they arrived in the parkinglot. :lookaroun

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
When I come back from WDW in January, I will have a trip report and photo wdwmagicpedia that will show what a sweatshirtmom is as well as other people in the realm of wdw

but yes they tend to wear swearshirts, usually they have a date on them, typically when the last time they went to WDW, you may find a sweatshirtmom in your local mall or grocery store, they usually wear the grey sweatshirts that are worn out with a faded of image daisy duck on them.

They tend to go in groups into such controversial rides like enchanted tiki room under new mangament and the many adventures of winnie the pooh.

They love wearing bright white socks to go their bright white sneakers and laugh at everything, and can't find a single flaw with WDW because they have been sniffing the magical fumes since the moment they arrived in the parkinglot. :lookaroun
*Can't decide whether to run away from said 'Sweatshirt Mom' groups screaming, or join them to get a hit of the magical fumes*

:lol:

happymom52003

lol...okay good...I'm not a sweatshirt mom then. At least I don't think I am:lookaroun. I only own two sweatshirts...a fleece Texas Longhorns one for cold game days, and an old extra large one with Mickey that my DH bought at WDW long before he met me...I stole it from him to wear around the house on cold mornings, but it never sees the light of day!

EPCOT Explorer

lol...okay good...I'm not a sweatshirt mom then. At least I don't think I am:lookaroun. I only own two sweatshirts...a fleece Texas Longhorns one for cold game days, and an old extra large one with Mickey that my DH bought at WDW long before he met me...I stole it from him to wear around the house on cold mornings, but it never sees the light of day!

I think you are safe.:lol::kiss:

Rob562

Getting back to the fireworks... Was it windy that night? Maybe not at ground-level, but higher up? (i.e. what were the clouds doing?) They'll inhibit some pyro from firing if it's too windy, and they might even make decisions mid-show to inhibit more.

We saw an utterly horrible showing of Wishes at a MVMCP in '04. (This was back before the introduction of Holiday Wishes, they ran regular Wishes and just added perimeter shots to the finale) It was very windy, and they barely shot off any Fantasyland rooftop shots, and there were even some of the higher-altitude shots that didn't go off. Even then, we had soot raiing down on us, and a large chunk of a shell fell down and bonked my friend on the leg. (We were standing between the Hub and the Tomorrowland bridge)

-Rob

lightboy

There were non-technical issues last night that inhibited part of last night's showing of Wishes. Without specific details, it had to do with persons being in an unauthorized location. Rooftop firing was shut down.

Safety. Yep, it was unfortunate. And rare.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There were non-technical issues last night that inhibited part of last night's showing of Wishes. Without specific details, it had to do with persons being in an unauthorized location. Rooftop firing was shut down.

Thanks for the info.

EPCOT Explorer

There were non-technical issues last night that inhibited part of last night's showing of Wishes. Without specific details, it had to with persons being in an unauthorized location. Rooftop firing was shut down.

Wow...Very crazy! Glad it was just this and not a ....

pyro cut
:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom