What's worse?

What's worse?

• Getting on the DME to leave

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • Or the walk of shame from your room with your bags seeing people arriving

Votes: 87 77.7%

• Total voters

Mainahman

We took DME the first trip as we flew, and this is our first trip since moving closer that were driving, so i can see where both suck! Also after enjoying a week in the parks that 700 mile drive home is going to suck!

slipperalwaysfits

Echo. I'm always ready to go home, but it's always hard to leave. It's worse when we know we aren't coming back for a year or two, as will be the case this fall. I think the WORST part of the trip is the note on the door the day before, reminding us we leave the next day. @Cmdr_Crimson But yes, by the time it's over, we've spent all the money and are exhausted.

Susan Savia

None of the above...after 2 weeks of visiting the parks we’re usually ready (and tired) to return home and to see our fur babies again and get planning our next visit.

NelleBelle

The worst "walk of shame" we had was when we did our first Disney cruise. Here we are departing the ship with all our bags, walking past all these disgusting, happy, smiling faces getting on the Disney buses going to the resorts and we're getting on the bus going to MCO. Talk about depression!! I told DH, "never again!" If we're doing a cruise out of Port Canaveral, then we are hitting the parks after the cruise!! I don't ever want to feel that way again :D

EOD K9

The worst "walk of shame" we had was when we did our first Disney cruise. Here we are departing the ship with all our bags, walking past all these disgusting, happy, smiling faces getting on the Disney buses going to the resorts and we're getting on the bus going to MCO. Talk about depression!! I told DH, "never again!" If we're doing a cruise out of Port Canaveral, then we are hitting the parks after the cruise!! I don't ever want to feel that way again :D
I enjoy cruising more than the parks now. The last family trip we took, it was a DCL bus that DMEd us back to MCO. How is that for a kick in the pants? I agree about debarkation though. We went direct to the airport after our second cruise. Never again as well. Even if we don't hit the park, we will stay onsite on debarkation day just to stay in the bubble for one more night.

NelleBelle

I enjoy cruising more than the parks now. The last family trip we took, it was a DCL bus that DMEd us back to MCO. How is that for a kick in the pants? I agree about debarkation though. We went direct to the airport after our second cruise. Never again as well. Even if we don't hit the park, we will stay onsite on debarkation day just to stay in the bubble for one more night.

We are in that same “boat” as well (pun intended)! Our last cruise debarked out of NYC so it didn’t leave me with with quite the same withdrawals that I had that 1st cruise. Good idea about staying onsite for the night. We like doing that before embarkation as well :)

NelleBelle

Oh, that walk of shame gets me every time. I like to walk super slow and play the Imperial Death March in my mind.

The last time I accidentally stepped on a snail on my way out. Leaving Disney is hard enough, but leaving Disney as a snail killer is a lot to deal with.
LOL--how appropriate to be singing the Imperial Death March when you stepped on the snail! As an aside, that song always reminds me of when I would work with my co-worker who was a PT (I'm an OT) and we'd do co-treatments together. We'd sing that song as we'd go down the hospital hallways to our next victim, er, patient! :p

Hayley In Wonderland

It has to be the walk of shame. I always get so upset seeing other people arriving and you can see the smug look on their faces as they see you leaving.

But I also hate the 10 hour flight from London. That sucks too.

NickMaio

The worst for me is actually exiting through the gates of the Magic Kingdom (always our "finale" park) on the last day, knowing I won't be back for awhile. I always feel like I'm leaving a little piece of my heart -- and of my late mother, who loved WDW and with whom I have so many wonderful memories of the Magic Kingdom that I feel her presence with me as much there as I do walking through my childhood home -- inside the park.
I have a similar experience with my father.
So emotional😊

copcarguyp71

Honestly by the last day I am ready to go. Not that I haven't enjoyed myself but my feeling on the last day of excitement has waned and I am ready to be back at home. For me too much of a good thing turns into a bad thing at a certain tipping point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom