What's worse?

• Getting on the DME to leave

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • Or the walk of shame from your room with your bags seeing people arriving

Votes: 87 77.7%

• Total voters

DisneyMann

Original Poster
I saw something on Facebook where people were talking about some things they hate about WDW.

While there isn't anything I don't blow off while there, I got thinking about the two things that really stinks in departure day and I'm curious as to what others think about these two.

Mine is seeing the newbies arrive with all the excitement I had on arrival day....I envy them and dislike them at the same time...lol

DisneyMann

Original Poster
The drive.... 375 miles both coming and going.
Sometimes the going seems longer because of our eagerness to get there. :)
Sometimes coming home seems longer because the fun is over and it is back to the daily routine. :bawling:

While there are plenty of other things to not like, that wasn't one of the choices....lol

eliza61nyc

oh definitely the walk of shame. first of all, I'm probably embarrassing my family because I'm rolling around on the floor kicking and screaming that I don't want to leave. lol ok maybe not that bad but I'm not a happy camper.
Next, I'm mentally summing up the incoming visitors and giving them secret villain identities explaining why the don't deserve to be checking in and how they are taking up my spot.

lastly I'm also mentally giving my kids the evil eye because if I didn't have to pay for 3 college tuition I could live in Disney world.

Weather_Lady

The worst for me is actually exiting through the gates of the Magic Kingdom (always our "finale" park) on the last day, knowing I won't be back for awhile. I always feel like I'm leaving a little piece of my heart -- and of my late mother, who loved WDW and with whom I have so many wonderful memories of the Magic Kingdom that I feel her presence with me as much there as I do walking through my childhood home -- inside the park.

KBLovedDisney

The "Walk of Shame" definitely; I get so sour because we are leaving. As a kid, I would cry really bad (and sometimes scream). I would pretty much throw tantrums. ...now I just cry. Because, who wants to leave?!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I've never been on DME, so I guess it's the walk. But I'm usually ready to go, and I still get a kick out of the kids' faces when they're walking into the hotel...

DisAl

While there are plenty of other things to not like, that wasn't one of the choices....lol
READY! FIRE! AIM! :oops: I missed the choices at the top.
Since I drive, the DME is not the choice for me, but we are definitely envious of the folks arriving as we load up our car. The other side of the coin though is that we are usually in need of a few days rest at the end of our trip! Not to mention the weight we gained going to several character meals.

belledream

We always spend as much of the day at Magic Kingdom as we can on departure (yay late flights!) so I'd have to say getting on DME is the absolute worst because that's when it's really coming to an end, and soon enough, there will be no more purple road signs and magical billboards. Everything is so ugly! D:

JIMINYCR

For me its definitely worse walking out and watching people walking in with their suitcases ready to start their days at Disney. Im never ready to leave, I'm depressed, I've been upset ever since I woke up and had to say goodbye Disney ... theres always more I want to do. Watching them come in with smiles on their faces and eager to get to the park, makes leaving even more horrifying. I want to swap places with them. I'm always thinking... Why couldnt I have been able to book one more week. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Cmdr_Crimson

It's none of those options....It's when you get this when you open your hotel door the following morning before your last day or what I would like to call DME...Disney's Magical Eviction...
Magical-Express-pic-225x300.jpg

DfromATX

Neither option really just because we go for 14 nights each year by end i am ready to go home feet are tired body needs a rest from all that food i am honestly happy to see DME or people arriving.

That's a really long time. I might be ready to go home by then too, but we usually go for *only* 7 days (with 2 being for travel).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom