What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

planodisney

Pandora isnā€™t bad, Tge boat ride is tragically lacking but still a very short but enjoyable experience. Flight is fantastic and the land itself is detailed.
However, in the 6 times Iā€™ve been, I donā€™t remember all the streetmosphere everywhere that people are complaining is lacking in GE. I donā€™t remember characters walking around or live music anywhere or street performers. Not saying they arenā€™t there, but they canā€™t be there often because I havenā€™t seen it. The water everywhere does provide a nice element to the land and I guess the ā€œbeat the drums areaā€ is entertaining for a minute or 2.
But, you are getting an opinion here from someone who still canā€™t remotely fathom why Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time.
RotR will so dramatically change the feel of GE that Iā€™m not understanding how people arenā€™t getting that. It will bring life to that area of the park and what should be one of the greatest attractions in Themepark history. At least it better be!!

WDW Pro

Pandora isnā€™t bad, Tge boat ride is tragically lacking but still a very short but enjoyable experience. Flight is fantastic and the land itself is detailed.
However, in the 6 times Iā€™ve been, I donā€™t remember all the streetmosphere everywhere that people are complaining is lacking in GE. I donā€™t remember characters walking around or live music anywhere or street performers. Not saying they arenā€™t there, but they canā€™t be there often because I havenā€™t seen it. The water everywhere does provide a nice element to the land and I guess the ā€œbeat the drums areaā€ is entertaining for a minute or 2.
But, you are getting an opinion here from someone who still canā€™t remotely fathom why Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time.
RotR will so dramatically change the feel of GE that Iā€™m not understanding how people arenā€™t getting that. It will bring life to that area of the park and what should be one of the greatest attractions in Themepark history. At least it better be!!

Pretty much non-stop there's a guy on stilts designed to look like a mech and there's a percussion act that plays on the south end of the land.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Wrong thread, wrong post, and sorry, I have to also strongly disagree with your opinion. Saw the original in the drive in theater 2 weeks after release. I've seen every other one as well. The franchise is just as strong- honestly probably stronger- as it's ever been. Just because a few who speak loudly about their opinions aren't keen on what's happening, it's still in the top 3 fandoms out there (along with Marvel and Potter)

You're sounding like those people who used to think it was really cool to hate on Michael Jackson in the 80s and say how no one liked him while they were spinning his Thriller album at home where they thought no one could see them.
Yeah it is soooooo strong that Solo did not BOMB HARD at the box office right? pshhh

planodisney

Pretty much non-stop there's a guy on stilts designed to look like a mech and there's a percussion act that plays on the south end of the land.
Never seen either one.
Iā€™ll be there in September so Iā€™ll scope it out again.
Iā€™ll like Pandora BTW. The floating mountains are one of those Disney ā€œHoly Crapā€ moments.
To me however, Pandora is a little like the gorgeous
dumb chick. No soul.
Carsland, to me, has a certain ā€œsoulā€ that I love. But Iā€™m partial to Disney Americana. Even though it isnā€™t Car Land, it still exudes the American Southwest and Route 66. I love the lights coming on at dusk and the cars whizzing around the outdoor track. The view of the mountain from Flos.
Not sure how I got so off track here.
But Pandora is pretty great.

Last edited:

britain

I wonder if the general public isn't smart enough to discern that MF isn't Star Tours.

Or rather, are they so jaded that when they see the shot in the commercials with people in the MF cockpit, do they say "Yeah right, that's just the commercial. When you really get there you sit in this big box, with a widescreen, I've been on that."

Sure would be nice to have a non-simulator ride to advertise.

SirWillow

Yeah it is soooooo strong that Solo did not BOMB HARD at the box office right? pshhh

And how many movie studios would love to have a "bomb" like Solo that earned a profit of only $125 million in the theaters, not to mention the home movie sales.

While it didn't put up the ridiculously huge numbers that other Star Wars movies have, the only way it was a failure was in comparison to those numbers. On it's own it still did very well financially.

And one movie does not indicate the failure or collapse of an empire. The Emperor survived many such failures (and may not even be dead yet!)

TROR

And how many movie studios would love to have a "bomb" like Solo that earned a profit of only $125 million in the theaters, not to mention the home movie sales.

While it didn't put up the ridiculously huge numbers that other Star Wars movies have, the only way it was a failure was in comparison to those numbers. On it's own it still did very well financially.

And one movie does not indicate the failure or collapse of an empire. The Emperor survived many such failures (and may not even be dead yet!)
Solo lost money.
A production budget of $275 million, doubled for marketing, that $392 million box office doesnā€™t cut it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Cheap annual pass members are just waiting for the black outs to go.

That's one reason why the low cost annual pass needs abolishing. Disney just losing out, because annual pass members won't pay to go see this new land.

The parks are blissfully beautiful at the moment. As soon as the blackout is finished, cheap, local residents will fill the park up and ruin it for non local high paying tourists.

Did you talk to some random local people to form this definitive view of how things work in California?

WDW Pro

Solo had a marketing/production cost of about $400 million dollars. Solo's merchandise sales were abysmal. Of the $392 million it made in world-wide box office revenues, Disney saw about 40% of that, or about $150 million dollars. That's a $250 million dollar loss. And it immediately caused Iger to pull the breaks on all Star Wars movies (including two in development) outside of a single new trilogy planned down the road several years.

WDW Pro

D-Z2-QzUYAAfGZ_.jpg

Photo from Disneyland today. No rides with wait times above an hour, except Target Run which is inflated... it's actually about 40 minutes. Doesn't look like the holiday week will provide TDA with respite thus far.

Travel Junkie

Solo lost Disney about $77 million according trusted industry publications.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom