• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

just to play devils advocate for a second (as I do agree that Star Tours and Indy had a Much bigger buzz when they opened than Galaxies Edge) but SWL has 14 acres to spread people around. Indy and Star Tours were placed in existing lands with tight walkways. Not to mention that Star Tours has a tiny queue. It’s probably the exact moment in history where they realized those smaller queues weren’t going to work anymore. They didn’t make the same mistake with Splash Mountain. Of course it helps that it was a new build and wasn’t confined to a small existing building in TL.
my counter point to that was Indy has a long cue and the lines for it went way past pirates.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The Indy line started out on Main Street for the first couple years. Here is the end of the line out near the current Jolly Holiday Bakery in 1996.

They had planned for a huge line at Splash Mountain in 1989, but these dancers scared everyone away.

Lol i stand corrected. Maybe i am thinking of the line being by pirates at a later date but still busy just not as busy as when it opened. Thanks for clarifying. But it proves my point that Indy has such a long queue already and it had to go out to main street still. The line for the falcon, correct me if i am wrong, has not reached the closest entrance of galaxy's edge near the attraction and has never left the land.

shambolicdefending

To be fair, these comparisons should really be made to Rise of the Resistance. Of course the marketing folks have hyped up MFSR like it's a groundbreaking e-ticket. But, it's not, and the type of people that would stand in line for hours to ride something know that it's not.

The parks still have a chance to hit a home run with RotR. If it's as good as it has the potential to be, it'll match or beat all of the other big e-ticket openings in the past.

DanielBB8

Smuggler's Run should be as popular as Star Tours when it opened, but it's a bad attraction. It's as popular as the SOLO movie, which bombed at the box office and the basis for the attraction, and it had Hondo that no one heard of. So that's why it can't be sold to the public. If only they had the original trilogy....

Phrubruh

To be fair, these comparisons should really be made to Rise of the Resistance. Of course the marketing folks have hyped up MFSR like it's a groundbreaking e-ticket. But, it's not, and the type of people that would stand in line for hours to ride something know that it's not.

The parks still have a chance to hit a home run with RotR. If it's as good as it has the potential to be, it'll match or beat all of the other big e-ticket openings in the past.
So the question is when RotR opens will they go crazy with reservations/limited AP/no FP or just let it have a free for all?

SuddenStorm

And Christmas has brought the crowds in full force.
Yesterday was quite slow, and it was easy to view both the fireworks and parade. The second Fantasmic was empty, I got center seating right next to the dining packages 10 minutes before the show started.

Today's wait times look like a typical Saturday, I'm curious to see how much busier it gets this evening.

1LE McQueen

Original Poster
I'm going in 4 weeks. Unfortunately, looks like Hyperspace mountain is going to remain intact. Crowds will probably make a comeback with the Christmas decor and I expect the entire month of December is going to be busy..

except there is the chance that it may not be, seeing RotR is right around the corner but who knows. Iger is so confident that ONE ride is the reason for this less than ideal attendance. I think it's a pathetic attempt to save face, but it remains to be seen.

Top Bottom