What's with the crazy wait times?

juniorthomas

I know it's June, but they seem abnormally long right now. I was checking the app the last few days and they are similar to Easter and other real busy times. Test track was 3+ hours last night. They seem just as crazy today. Any special promotions going on?

3+ hrs for test track. That's rough. Just drive with your windows down on the way home. (I kid, I do like TT. Just not sure I like it enough to spend a quarter of my day there.)

allgiggles

We always go in late June (and are heading there next week) and I agree that the wait times I've been seeing seem to be *much* longer than we're used to seeing at this time of year. Now, I will say that this is the first time I've actually been watching wait times online while planning a trip so maybe they've always been this way but I wasn't aware of it. We always try to go to the "least crowded/highest recommended" park for the day and maximize the use of FP, so we may have always just been oblivious to the wait times.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We were there last week and the crowds and wait times weren't bad until the end of the week. The one exception was TT, which had a huge wait every time we checked. I noticed a big bump in crowds at both the resort and parks from Friday through Sunday when we left. I think most folks got out of school last week, which is why we left when we did!

Soarin2u

There has be a 2.3% increase in visitors at WDW just this year. Now, you may feel that is small increase, heh, no, that's a fairly huge increase. That's 23,000 more vistors per Millon. Plus the majority are probably coming around the Summer time too for their vacation...

ddrongowski

I know it's June, but they seem abnormally long right now. I was checking the app the last few days and they are similar to Easter and other real busy times. Test track was 3+ hours last night. They seem just as crazy today. Any special promotions going on?
They have this one... you buy these tickets, and they let you ride things and buy things.... OOPS my bad that is just a normal day.;)
I would say it is June, and lots of kids are out of school.

TheAmazingBobbo

Especially with The Gatekeeper just opening! ;) Originally from Euclid

I live in Garfield Heights and work in Eastlake... I can't possibly imagine why you would want to leave our wonderful weather and bustling suburbs for elsewhere :sarcasm:

But yeah, I have a platinum pass to CP and its been ridiculously crowded lately, although I get in earlier than most guests with the pass, so next week when we go on Monday or Tuesday, we're going to hopefully get on our favorite stuff plus GK before the general crowd rushes in.

erasure fan1

You're not crazy, the wait times are definitely higher than normal for June.
Agreed, this is extremely higher than normal. My wife commented about the crowds and 2 cast members overheard and said "its because of the new fantasyland, people are coming from all over just to see it." I couldn't help but turn around and laugh and ask if she was serious or did Disney tell her to say that. She just sort of smiled, it was pretty funny.

BiffyClyro

Agreed, this is extremely higher than normal. My wife commented about the crowds and 2 cast members overheard and said "its because of the new fantasyland, people are coming from all over just to see it." I couldn't help but turn around and laugh and ask if she was serious or did Disney tell her to say that. She just sort of smiled, it was pretty funny.

More like, "people are coming all over the world to see the new Harry Potter and obviously have a day spare :D"

Florida_is_hot

When I went to school we had July and August off.
They give teachers 3 months paid summer vacation now?
If you are a teacher there is no reason to move to France.

tnemgif

It's still about 2 months - the South tends to be on vacation from beginning of June to beginning/mid-August, while the North gets the end of June to the end of August. So between the two, vacation lasts from June through August.

Disvillain63

We have June and July off in the southeast; most schools are back in session by August 6th or that week. Also, we do not get paid for the summer months. Our pay stayed the same and they divided it to fit 12 mos, instead of the 9 mos we used to receive checks. This was so we couldn't apply for unemployment benefits during the summer mos, sense we used to be considered seasonal employees.

bethymouse

I love Disney, but seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!! The tour groups of high school grads, family reunions ( more than I've ever seen), Fathers Day coming up, etc........
I am truly shocked @ the amount of people here! This is the 1st time I've gotten no sympathy from CMs. They just say "sorry". I know there's nothing they can do, but they seem to be overwhelmed as well. They can't even keep up w/ the trash.:'(

Minnie1976

We have June and July off in the southeast; most schools are back in session by August 6th or that week. Also, we do not get paid for the summer months. Our pay stayed the same and they divided it to fit 12 mos, instead of the 9 mos we used to receive checks. This was so we couldn't apply for unemployment benefits during the summer mos, sense we used to be considered seasonal employees.
That is how it is with the school system I work for. This year the kids got out May 22, and I think school starts back either August 8th or 9th. If you don't elect to get paid 12 months, you don't get any money for awhile.

erasure fan1

Wow. I really hope no CM's actually believe that. Yeah, everyone is flocking here to see a restaurant, a meet & greet, an underwhelming ride, and a huge construction zone!
It has to be Disney telling CMs to say that. We just got back from the studios and we were looking at the board of wait times and a CM started to give us tips. My wife said, I can't believe how busy it is! The CM promptly said "Yea, its because people are coming to see the new fantasy land." I am not real sure why the parks are busier than I have ever seen, but I can say with certainty its not because of the new fantasy land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom