Whats with Fantasyland Expansion?

BigThunderMatt

Those long lines for Standby are because of Fastpass. Disneyland doesn't run Fastpass on Peter Pan, the line is long, but it shuffles along and rarely goes over 30 minutes. Same goes for Midway Mania, which has Fastpass in WDW but doesn't at California Adventure.

An excellent depiction on how the Fastpass system is completely useless now because they are not enforcing or using it in the way it was designed to be used. it is simply a mask to make people THINK they're getting to skip a line but in reality they're just waiting without physically waiting in line.

Studios Fan

Yeah, if Disney takes a hit - it's going to be at DHS and AK. I'd love to see the attendance take enough of a hit that it prods them into massive spending, but it didn't happen with the edition of the entire Islands of Adventure park, and the biggest addition (attraction wise) for Harry Potter is not a family friendly attraction.

Hopefully things are different this time.

Slowjack

The reason: most are traveling with children who don't nit-pic about one or two things not working correctly, they just want to go on a Peter Pan ride and the only ride that "flies". Don't get me wrong it sucks PPF is in rough shape, just expressing the reality of the situation.
Can't speak for all parents, but I'm actually pretty depressed that when I take my three-year-old on her first trip to WDW in January, she'll experience rides like Peter Pan in their current sorry states.

DisneyParksFan1

John Lasseter mentioned in the D23 conference that: "the smallest guests wait on the longest lines, for the shortest rides", he was referring to Dumbo, why not say that about Snow White, Peter Pan, Small World, etc.?

It's stupid! WDW gets the most money, it's the most visited in the world! Uhh, hey TDO here's a big whoop, why don't you spend it on useful things like a better Space Mountain refurb, or maybe fix up the existing Fantasyland instead of giving us this Supersonic Celebration crap and some parade that's been going on for almost a friggin' decade!?!?

Ugh, it's sad to see WDW sink soo low after being so high in standards.

WDW1974

This project needs a preview center like DCA's Blue Sky Cellar, or even the current lobby displays of the Disneyland Opera House.

Where's the Preview Center?

I'd love to see that, but this project isn't enough to warrant it.

One new attraction. One new dining facility. Rethemed meet and greets.

DCA has a huge slate of development. With more on the way. I've also been told that new DD and, eventually, DL and resort (i.e. hotel) stuff will make its way to the Cellar.

WDW just doesn't have enough going on to do something like that.:xmas:

WDW1974

I've heard of it, and it always makes me laugh. :ROFLOL:

However, I refuse to believe that it is a concept exclusive to WDW and deserves to be the blanket excuse why WDW management doesn't have to live up to their previous standards for maintenance, upkeep and technological updating.

Anaheim and Tokyo (I'm not that familiar with Paris) are able to handle routine downtimes and regular updates to existing attractions, with rehab calendars available online months in advance. And I'm sure it bums out some folks in Anaheim just as it does in Orlando. Heck, go look at the Disneyland board on this website and see some comments from tourists who are bummed that the Rivers of America at Disneyland will be drained this winter and there won't be Fantasmic! or the Canoes or the Columbia during their upcoming visit. But somehow they survive, and Disneyland continues to pull in 15 million visitors per year from San Diego and Seattle and Sydney and Seoul without ruining everyones vacation.

Paris regularly closes attractions down for rehabs.

It's why even when the park was severely neglected from an outside/infrastructure standpoint (buildings rotting, pavement with potholes etc) prior to the 15th anniversary, the showmanship on the inside was still worlds better than the World.

When I was at DLP in September, Alice had just been closed for major rehab and looked brand new. And Mad Tea Party went down for a short rehab right after. At DSP, RnRC closed for a major rehab.

In short, the REHABS RUIN VACATIONS excuse is total bunk, and only a convenient cover for WDW management and their defenders to continue with their lowered show standards. There, I said it! :D

Other Spirits have been saying it since the late 1990s!

And I am truly blessed to have been able to visit WDW regularly in its first 25 years when the old management RUINED trip after trip by having the gall to close things and maintain them. CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT LUNACY?!??!?!:eek::shrug::drevil:

Now, about that Fantasyland Preview Center.... Where could it go? How about the Town Square Exposition Hall once they move the Meet Mickey experience there during the Toontown closure?

Why does Mickey need a specific place to meet guests anyway? Because Walmarted guests expect it?

Why can't the rodent just wander around? Maybe make appearances in all the lands during various times of the day?

I truly don't know how anyone made it through a godawful WDW vacation pre-late 1988 when Mickey's Tentland opened.:xmas::cry::xmas:

WDW1974

The Fantasyland Dark Rides are a great example. Go ride Peter Pan in WDW, then get on a plane and ride Peter Pan at Disneyland a day later, like I've done recently, and you'll be amazed. Of course the original 1955 Peter Pan was rebuilt at Disneyland in 1982, and the facades are very different, but since then Disneyland has updated it and rehabbed it quite a bit. It just had another long rehab this year after having a long one in '04 and a few shorter once since then, for no other reason than to replace the boats with bigger models and update the 1990's fiber optic technology, lighting and audio equipment, even though the fiber optics and audio were already noticeably more advanced than the 1971 WDW version. And now it's simply shocking how the two rides differ.

And yet there sits the WDW version of Peter Pan, trying desperately to pretend that Nixon is still in the White House and the Brady Bunch is still on TV. It's just really odd.

That's a great way to put it. And so true!

I rode the DLP and DL versions within 72 hours earlier this fall and to compare them to MK's is laughable.

If you just took a complete stranger who had never been to a Disney park and asked them to compare the attractions, you'd likely get a vast majority who would rank MK's attractions much worse than their counterparts round the world. It's only when you get fanbois who either don't travel beyond WDW or have a strange pixie dust tie to the place that you get people who think highly of most MK attractions.

And how on earth having four parks can be used as an excuse for that is beyond me. If they've got four parks, they've theoretically got enough alternate options to keep people entertained during a four month Peter Pan refurbishment. The only Disney property that should be making excuses for rehabs is Hong Kong Disneyland, which still has a comparatively small roster of attractions to choose from.

Yep. It is circular logic. WDW has MORE than any other resort. FOUR parks when all other resorts merely have one or two (and only TDR has a legit second gate in all aspects). Yet with all the other options that the BIGGER IS BETTER crowd loves to toss around, WDW just can't close attractions.

Balderdash I say!
:ROFLOL::xmas::ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

I'd love to see that, but this project isn't enough to warrant it.

One new attraction. One new dining facility. Rethemed meet and greets.

DCA has a huge slate of development. With more on the way. I've also been told that new DD and, eventually, DL and resort (i.e. hotel) stuff will make its way to the Cellar.

WDW just doesn't have enough going on to do something like that.:xmas:
Au contraire, Spirit.

Though we (you) might not think that the FL Expansion is not substantial, in terms of rides, capacity and the like, I do think that it would be possible to put up a Blue Sky Cellar (Chateau, instead? :lol:) to at least show all the different aspects of the expansion. Though it won't have many bona finde attractions, they still can put up a nice preview center for the architecture, the horticulture, the engineering aspects of it.

At least I hope they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom