What's up with WDW Magic Kingdom these days?

RoyWalley

images

Matt_Black

I don't see it. I was at the Magic Kingdom for the last week of October, and I can't remember any major problems. All the cast members I interacted with were friendly and helpful, and aside from some effects on Splash Mountain (which I assume will get fixed in the upcoming refurb in a few months), I noticed no major issues on the attractions.

copcarguyp71

I don't see it. I was at the Magic Kingdom for the last week of October, and I can't remember any major problems. All the cast members I interacted with were friendly and helpful, and aside from some effects on Splash Mountain (which I assume will get fixed in the upcoming refurb in a few months), I noticed no major issues on the attractions.

Didn't they just refurb Splash??? Are they doing another bit of work now too? When we were there in Sept the dancing fountains in the Happy Place were only working one of the six times we rode, there were several other hit-or-miss items too like when Brer Rabbit hops alongside the boat as you go past.

KB LUVS MGM

I just got back about a week ago. DW and myself celebrated our 25th anniversary. Everyone was friendly and offerred a congratulations no matter where we were. We have been there 5 times since 2006 and we have never experienced this negativism that some have. I love it there and hope I have the ability to continue to make the trip "home" again real soon!

Vader2112

Eh. I'm going to do like Milli Vanilli and Blame It on the Rain. When I was there in July, the CMs were all in good spirits in the morning and evening, but when the afternoon rains rolled in, combined with the huge number of complaining customers, it's only natural for them to get short and ragged.

You want disturbing? True tube-eggs.

:eek: :hungover:

daisyduckie

Eh. I'm going to do like Milli Vanilli and Blame It on the Rain. When I was there in July, the CMs were all in good spirits in the morning and evening, but when the afternoon rains rolled in, combined with the huge number of complaining customers, it's only natural for them to get short and ragged.

You want disturbing? True tube-eggs.

:jawdrop: Ok, that is vile!!!! The egg tubes, I mean. Ick.

Pixie VaVoom

I am. I guess I'm petty. But I really think that on stage means on stage.

And I know the general public, believe me. I'm in a business that serves hundreds if not thousands if customers daily. And I'm on the front line for a lot of that. People are awful. Not an excuse to not follow the rules of the workplace though.

No, I disagree, you are NOT being petty, you are expecting a standard of excellence from the staff of a resort that you are paying up to $100 per Day to attend. If they want to continue to reap our MONEY then they need to provide us with premium SERVICE. I mean really - for my vacation dollar... I can now spend significantly less per day and have a cruise ship feed me as much as I can hold, entertain and amuse me and even take me away to a foreign country. Just like any other entertainment venue - Disney needs to pay attention to their quality. Make me want to come back...after all the Glaciers are disappearing.

so Disney...you have been served !!!

copcarguyp71

No, I disagree, you are NOT being petty, you are expecting a standard of excellence from the staff of a resort that you are paying up to $100 per Day to attend. If they want to continue to reap our MONEY then they need to provide us with premium SERVICE. I mean really - for my vacation dollar... I can now spend significantly less per day and have a cruise ship feed me as much as I can hold, entertain and amuse me and even take me away to a foreign country. Just like any other entertainment venue - Disney needs to pay attention to their quality. Make me want to come back...after all the Glaciers are disappearing.

so Disney...you have been served !!!

...which is why we are headed to Aruba in July rather than WDW where I could have written off the trip due to a convention I can attend. So basically..I would rather pay out of pocket for a vacation elsewhere than get a write off at WDW...I also am serving humble pie to TDO!

coolspot

Original Poster
I want to add that at least 3 of the instances you saw as CM issues seem to stem from guests not paying attention. During the Jungle Cruise they explain a few times how to enter and exit the boats.

Not on the particular "cruise" I was on... combined with the fact the sound system was staticky, grouchy CMs, and rain, it sure didn't help.

ToyStoryMiss

Until it gets harder to enjoy it due to the negatives. Negatives that jump out at you without being hunted down.

Especially when it's not just geeks and fans who feel impacted by them.
I am a geek/hardcore Disney fan, and I am not affected by the negative things too much. I did notice a cobweb here and there on IASW, but it didn't really affect me too much. I mean, yes, I think the maintenance should be a tiny bit more observant, it doesn't affect me as much as it would one of the other people in this thread.

Jim Chandler

Wll with 70,000 employees at WDW and 30,000 at DL getting a rude one is not far fetched. I have been at WDW a few hundred times and have never run into a Grumpy CM.
I have seen many Dopey guests who do not know how the Dining plan works, but have seen CMs explain it
I have seen guests who do not know how FP works. But I have seen CMs let people in 15 mins after there actual time but not before which upsets some guests.
Seen guests get in individual rider lines and then expect to have their friends behind them get on with them. Guess they do not understand INDIVIDUAL RIDER,
.Some guests just think they can do anything after a day of that stupidity even the nicest person (Santa Claus) in the world would not be Happy.

Matt_Black

Wll with 70,000 employees at WDW and 30,000 at DL getting a rude one is not far fetched. I have been at WDW a few hundred times and have never run into a Grumpy CM.
I have seen many Dopey guests who do not know how the Dining plan works, but have seen CMs explain it
I have seen guests who do not know how FP works. But I have seen CMs let people in 15 mins after there actual time but not before which upsets some guests.
Seen guests get in individual rider lines and then expect to have their friends behind them get on with them. Guess they do not understand INDIVIDUAL RIDER,
.Some guests just think they can do anything after a day of that stupidity even the nicest person (Santa Claus) in the world would not be Happy.

I'd personally put the nicest person honor to Mr. Rogers, but your premise is sound nonetheless.

disneyfan56

I just returned back to the hotel from my first trip to the Magic Kingdom in ~5 or 7 years and I'm a bit disheartened by the experience.

--------------
Sorry but I can't get past the first sentence. You nitpicked and detailed your dismay of several aspects of the first night of your current trip. But the actual year of your last vacation to Disney escapes you? It was impossible for you to narrow it down to the year?

How is this possible?

Matt_Black

I just returned back to the hotel from my first trip to the Magic Kingdom in ~5 or 7 years and I'm a bit disheartened by the experience.

--------------
Sorry but I can't get past the first sentence. You nitpicked and detailed your dismay of several aspects of the first night of your current trip. But the actual year of your last vacation to Disney escapes you? It was impossible for you to narrow it down to the year?

How is this possible?

It can happen. Before 2012, my last trip was sometime between '95-97. It's hard to remember the exact date, plus some of the finer details, but it was after the Tomorrowland refurb but before Animal Kingdom.

coolspot

Original Poster

How is this possible?

Because I just got back from WDW, while my last trip was several years ago, 2006 to be exact. Hey a lot has happened in my life since then, got married, baby, new job, new house, dozen different vacations in between, etc! Is not remember the exact year so surprising??? :D

However, in my original posting I did mention I was at Disneyland in March, at least I remembered the month, even that is challenging sometimes today... Hee Hee :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom