Whats under MK?

X-S TECHFOREVER

Original Poster
I have wanted so badly to see whats under there.I always had this thing for looking under there! Whats is under there?And is magic kingdom the only park thats like that?

StevenT

Under the Magic Kingdom is a series of tunnels to help transport equipment, good, and Cast Members through the park. When you are in the Magic Kingdom, you are actually on the 2nd floor. They built the utilidors and covered them with material, creating Seven Seas Lagoon. In the tunnels are things such as Cast break rooms, costuming, etc.

http://img17.exs.cx/img17/8350/utilidor.jpg
Here is a map of the Magic Kingdom Utilidors

Epcot has tunnels, although nowhere near as extensive as MK's. It primarily runs between the two Innoventions.

Trainee031589

While on the subject I have heard several rumors about these tunnels suchs as if a tornado or severe storm were to strike MK that the guests would be rushed into these tunnels through vairous entrances in the park. I highly doubt that this is true but if anyone has info it would be much appreciated.Thank you

Pixie Duster

For MGM and AK most of backstage is around the perimeter and in little pockets between areas.
The Utilidors are also home to Mouseketeria (the main cafeteria of Magic Kingdom) and the Disney Learning Center. Disney Learning Centers are kind of like a library just for Cast Members. Each park and some of the resorts have one. With the exception of the main entrance to the utilidors (behind the park, next to Toontown), the utilidor is mostly gray walls with a few bullentin boards here and there. And there are pipes all around and overhead as well.

Edit: seeing the pictures.... I don't believe the Fantasyland wall is painted like that any longer, but there are signs labelling each area.

Steamboat_Kevin

Pixie Duster said:
Edit: seeing the pictures.... I don't believe the Fantasyland wall is painted like that any longer, but there are signs labelling each area.
That is probably true, the pictures are from the Walt Disney World Explorer software from 1996.

Atta83

Yeah major painting went around those main halls you saw in the pics. New Paint is up and new things are hanging on the walls...much better looking..

Pixie Duster

Ya but only in the front section. I love the new Walt quotes, but wish there was more in each area under each land. More than just the little signs and bulletin boards.

patelaine1953

If you're really that curious, you can take the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I think they do this every day. By the way, do they still ask how many bricks are in Cinderella's castle?

patelaine1953

If you're really that curious, you can take the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I think they do this every day but I don't know how much it now costs. See if there's a AAA discount or anything. By the way, do they still ask how many bricks in Cinderella's castle?

Atta83

Yeah but hopefully with things changing soon under the MK things will go a little bit more smoother. Some ppl need to know how to drive pargos, I saw someone run into something the other day. Also, I saw a wall partially down today in fantasyland that was not there yesterday, does anyone know what this is about.

PhotoDave219

The Utilidors look nowhere near as nice as they do in those photos. Theyre not very well lit and dont smell very good either - especially back in Frontierland/Advetureland under Pecos Bills. Overall, youre not missing anything. Theyre not that cool.

Pixie Duster

I still think they are cool. They may not be that attractive, but the front area is much better now, I do still bare in mind that it is backstage and there are tons of people who would love to be able to go there as much as we, the cast members, get to be there.

Tim G

Steamboat_Kevin said:
Here are some pictures of the utilidors for anybody that's curious :)
Kevin, did you know you're in absolute violation, publishing these pics??

This is not a threat, but an advice, if I were you, I would remove them...

peter11435

Corrus said:

Those photos are from the WDW Explorer. They have already been published.

AEfx

Corrus said:

LMAO...absolute violation of what?

I think you need to read a bit further...they come from a publicly released computer program that showed the "behind the scenes" of the Magic Kingdom.

Hehe, some people get so bent out of shape...omigod! I ripped the tag off the mattress! :)

AEfx

Figment1986

Great photos.... is this the 50th thread i seen them in...

I would think the walls were painted at one time to help with direction in each area....

I do't think if a tornado hit guests would be their... not enough room i think... However i will have to wait till college to find out... hehe

disnyfan89

Figment1986 said:
Great photos.... is this the 50th thread i seen them in...

I would think the walls were painted at one time to help with direction in each area....

I do't think if a tornado hit guests would be their... not enough room i think... However i will have to wait till college to find out... hehe
It all depends on the situation! If guest are in danger and there is no other thing they can do they can evacuate through the tunnels

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom