What's the verdict?

Tenny317

Original Poster
I do not understand what is going on. I'm young so things need be told to me on simple terms. What was the final vote? Or is the meeting still going on? I am so lost....I just want to know if Eisner is getting kicked out or not!

PhotoDave219

Votes are being tallied. Polling in Philly ends 10 minutes after the business phase of the meeting concludes, and i believe that has happened.

Word has it that the results will be out around 3 PM.

Now the only was Eisner would be voted out is if 50.1% of the shareholders vote no, which aint gonna happen. Thats over one BILLION shares.

What is likely is a 30-40% of shareholders voting no, which is like a vote of 'no confidence' and a pretty much clear indicator that the shareholders want Eisner out. At that point, the Board might ask for his resignation. Or they wont. Its that simple.

tigsmom

Voting closed at 12:15 est (approx). All submitted proxy votes were already tallied. Just needed to tally the votes that we cast in person at the meeting. They won't announce it until the end of the meeting. Hold on & we'll let you know as soon as we find out. :wave:

Pat X

Well, regardless of the vote, Eisner in theory can keep his job. Although, if 40% withold their vote, than I think the board will have to take some action...what that'll be, who knows.

goofyfan13

Is there any website that we can find the results or is someone just going to post them here when they find out??
Thanks.

PhotoDave219

I know theres a lot of us who are listenting to the webcast. Im sure someone will post them.

Reuters is already reporting a 40% no based on a source close to the taylies

AND SOMEONE JUST ASKED HIM TO RESIGN in the Q&A.

tigsmom

The entire board was re elected. About 42% against Eisner.. Not a final tally. Share holder proposals voted down. Price Waterhouse retained. Please remember people have been fired for a 20% vote against. Eisner may still be fired.

PhotoDave219

These are the proxy votes annoyunced and are not certified.....

Eisner:

1,007,715,682 Votes For
771,691,297 Votes No

Total votes 1,779,406,979.

43% of votes cast voted against Eisner.

goofyfan13

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
AND SOMEONE JUST ASKED HIM TO RESIGN in the Q&A.

:lol: ROFL :lol: Well 40% is a pretty good number, if that doesn't send a message to the board i don't know what does. :brick:

luvorlando

Did anyone notice the choice of music played at the conclusion of the meeting?

"Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" and "Following the Leader"

:rolleyes:

:hurl:

:dazzle:

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by Tenny317
Ok, there saying number of votes.....what does this mean?

Tenny, the votes are from individuals and corporations who hold stock in the Disney company...the more shares of the stock that a person or company holds, the more ownership they exert and thus the greater voice they have in the direction of the company. 43% of the individual shares were held by people or companies who do not have confidence in Michael Eisner, according to the numbers we're hearing. Hope that helps clear it up for you a little.

edit: Institutions might be a better term than corporations. Not sure what the rules on corporations holding stock in other corporations are, but the term "institutional shareholders" has been thrown around a lot. Someone with more expertise can explain that a lot better, I'm sure.

marksniles

Originally posted by luvorlando
Did anyone notice the choice of music played at the conclusion of the meeting?

"Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" and "Following the Leader"

:rolleyes:

:hurl:

:dazzle:

I did notice that!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom