Whats the most recent bad majorish ride Disney has built?

wdwfan4ver

This often gets overlooked as not many people here have been to HKDL after it opened, but it is bad.

Like, worse than you might expect...even with its reputation.
I don't know before it was mention. I don't know what it is Disney towards Marvel rides that isn't Guardians of the Galaxy theme. Hopefully Universal does not give up the Marvel theme park rights to Disney in Florida.

I've read and heard Avengers Assemble: Flight Force is a disappointing ride in Walt Disney Studios Park. I know people wanted that ride to close down for an update less than a month after it open.

Last edited:

celluloid

HKDL but the ultimate example of resting on Laurels is the Ant Man retheme of Buzz. A truly garbage ride. It is less than many regional shooting dark rides and seems like something that was a mock up that was half finished at best. Flight Force and others are continuing that, which is a huge reason why no fans should have much faith in Splash Mountain's replacement.

Jrb1979

HKDL but the ultimate example of resting on Laurels is the Ant Man retheme of Buzz. A truly garbage ride. It is less than many regional shooting dark rides and seems like something that was a mock up that was half finished at best. Flight Force and others are continuing that, which is a huge reason why no fans should have much faith in Splash Mountain's replacement.
In that thread about Disney adults versus theme park enthusiasts this the kind I've been talking about. Slapping IP on any attraction doesn't need to be great.

celluloid

In that thread about Disney adults versus theme park enthusiasts this the kind I've been talking about. Slapping IP on any attraction doesn't need to be great.

It is annoying, but only works for the short term. At the end of the day, when both work out well and it does the medium of Theme Park Design well, it works much better. This is why Universal is succeeding when they get it right, which, even with their misatkes, is more often than Disney recently.

ppete1975

So if they had just built the millenium falcon for decoration. Same falcon just no ride and then used the showbuilding for something else would people have been happier.

Lets say flight of passage but you are pod racing or another dark ride.

To me the Falcon adds that AWE especially to kids who grew up in the 70s 80s that never thought theyd see a "real" falcon. Or would people have always been mad and say they want to fly the falcon.

Im still hoping someday we get something like hagrids motorbikes with speeder bikes on endor instead if they ever add on to the land as a third ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So if they had just built the millenium falcon for decoration. Same falcon just no ride and then used the showbuilding for something else would people have been happier.

To me the Falcon adds that AWE especially to kids who grew up in the 70s 80s that never thought theyd see a "real" falcon. Or would people have always been mad and say they want to fly the falcon.

Im still hoping someday we get something like hagrids motorbikes with speeder bikes on endor instead if they ever add on to the land as a third ride.
They intentionally don’t want that demographic to get the fuzzies.

Only reason they have a falcon is because they paid ford’s ransom to get killed in the reboot…

And remember: they were supposed to have 3 glorious falcon prequel movies that the world never knew it wanted. 😎

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I think Na'vi is a better ride than Flight of Passage, all things considered.

Not that I dislike FoP (it's fun), but it's mostly just watching a movie play in front of you. Of course there's simulated motion and a few other effects, but the beautiful video itself is like 90% of the experience (at least for me); it's one of the relatively few attractions where I actually feel like I get a similar experience just watching the video at home. NRJ is far from perfect, but it's a great C ticket and it immerses the rider in physical space in a way FoP does not.

The NRJ wait times are far too long, but that's a function of AK not having enough to do. If you told me I could wait 30 minutes to ride NRJ or 90 minutes to ride FoP, I'd pick NRJ every time. If they were both 90 minutes, I wouldn't ride either.

Anyways, my choice would probably be Smuggler's Run as the most recent. It's just not good. Toy Story Land as a whole is pretty terrible, but the rides themselves are okay because I wouldn't consider either of them a major attraction. Frozen Ever After is abysmal, but it's not a major attraction either. Little Mermaid is also a good choice, but not as recent as MF: SR. Ratatouille looks mediocre at best, but I haven't actually been on it yet.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The only reason for the Millenium Falcon ride was due to it being in the Disney Trilogy. When Galaxy's Edge first opened, Disney gave it timeline where the land takes plans and it was during the Disney Trilogy. I know Disney getting lose on the timeline now for Galaxy's Edge, but the stuff Disney added to Disneyland's version Galaxy's Edge is Characters from the Disney+ shows.

Don't expect anything like Speeder bikes from Endor, or Pod Racing as a result unless its shown in one of Disney's Star War shows on Disney+.

The other thing is Kathleen Kennedy had big say on why Galaxy's Edge happened. She didn't want Tatooine to be a Star Wars Land in a Disney theme park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only reason for the Millenium Falcon ride was due to it being in the Disney Trilogy. When Galaxy's Edge first opened, Disney gave it timeline where the land takes plans and it was during the Disney Trilogy. I know Disney getting lose on the timeline now for Galaxy's Edge, but the stuff Disney added to Disneyland's version Galaxy's Edge is Characters from the Disney+ shows.

Don't expect anything like Speeder bikes from Endor, or Pod Racing as a result unless its shown in one of Disney's Star War shows on Disney+.

The other thing is Kathleen Kennedy had big say on why Galaxy's Edge happened. She didn't want Tatooine to be a Star Wars Land in a Disney theme park.
They might have wanted to bother to take a look at those scripts first…

BASS

I think the Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway was a big miss. It's not that the ride itself is bad, it's that it doesn't "fit" inside the theater within the overall theme of movies and movie-making. It just felt very out of place to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have to agree was not WOW'ed with Runaway Railway or with Slinky Dog .
Those are not “e tickets”…
But big shot Bobby failed to add to his parks as travel increased…so his defenders laud them as such…with the unwritten hope that maybe one day he’ll love them 1/100th as much as they love him? 😂🙏🏻

Last edited:

TalkToEthan

Right after the gutting of Great Movie Ride mid level Disney personnel associated with the new replacement pretty much promised us that a unique, never been done before attraction with new technology staring Mickey will dazzle us in ways we have never seen.

What is so unique and mindblowing about Mickey 's Railway? That Ride system has been used, reused and yet reused again and again.

Based on hype during pre release I expected it to be as high as the single best ever at WDW. Today I doubt I have it even in top 15

thomas998

Na'vi River Journey
Just not worth it. Reminds me of the original cave ride at Six Flags over Texas but without a nice cold room at the end. Frankly it's just boring and given the time you have to spend waiting it isn't even close to worth it.

thomas998

Seven dwarves mine cart, the queue is pretty cool but the ride is so painfully short with no real substance. It had so much potential. But thats just my opinion. To me I think its worth a 15-20 minute wait.. not the over an hour that it always has.
Agreed. We only ride it if we can get on with a very short wait. I'm dismayed when I see the line that is 90 minutes and people happily jumping in line. It just isn't worth it.... then again I think people are nuts when I see them wait 2 hours for Peter Pan.

Poseidon Quest

Right after the gutting of Great Movie Ride mid level Disney personnel associated with the new replacement pretty much promised us that a unique, never been done before attraction with new technology staring Mickey will dazzle us in ways we have never seen.

What is so unique and mindblowing about Mickey 's Railway? That Ride system has been used, reused and yet reused again and again.

Based on hype during pre release I expected it to be as high as the single best ever at WDW. Today I doubt I have it even in top 15

It's unique because it's the first trackless dark ride to take place in an empty Amazon warehouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom