Whats the most recent bad majorish ride Disney has built?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
if they added some missions to MF:SR it would make it a lot better, I get that may be harder in FL cause the have the Star Wars Hotel that keeps the land in a certain timeline, but in CA they have gotten rid of the timeline. if they added 3 missions, 1 from each trilogy...that would be a great improvement. It would take SR from a C- attraction to a solid B imo.
One trilogy

It’s time to lead us back to where we were always meant to be
…as Spartacus said

el_super

If anyone is keeping a tally my votes would be Flight of Passage (way over hyped) and Tron (in Shanghai). Not been a fan of either.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Also I don't understand why The Little Mermaid show can't re-open.
Mold infestation I think.

I'd also like to state that the re-imagined Nemo show is a massive downgrade to what was there before. Especially the dumb new paper style sets.

Just because a lot of people are dumbed down these days doesn't mean you HAVE to ... Well.. dumb it down.

The Colonel

Na’vi River. A sad additional attraction to a land that was going to be a huge build up to AK.

Alien Saucer. A poor addition to include in TSL. A similar enough attraction to another which gives us nothing original.
I didn’t even remember A.S.S was there. Another awful ride.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Na’vi River. A sad additional attraction to a land that was going to be a huge build up to AK.

Alien Saucer. A poor addition to include in TSL. A similar enough attraction to another which gives us nothing original.
Neither of those are intended to be major attractions. They're minor attractions to give younger siblings something to do while the big kids play with the big toys.

If Alien Swirling Saucer is a bad attraction, then Dumbo is absolute trash.

Brer Panther

Oh, and the Beauty and the Beast ride they built in Tokyo looks really lame too. Great animatronics, but that's all it's got going for it.

Tjaden

It's almost easier to list the major attractions that you like than the ones you don't like. I'm not a Star Wars fan but RotR is good. Rat is better than backstage space and....I have nothing outside of those two. (Haven't ridden GotG)

Last edited:

Wilbret

Lots of good comments and I tend to agree
Millennium Falcon - queue is better than the ride
Slinky Dog - we actually don't even bother if the line is over 30 minutes, and it always is
Seven Dwarfs - I agree it's soooo short, but the kids love it. Ideally a 30 minute wait, but we often will do 45 minutes
Rattatouille - ride broke down 100 times and we finally stuck it out to ride the first time. Agree that while cool, there's just no way I'd wait in line for this (sorry)
Naavi River - Nah for me. Only redeeming quality is cooling off. I always felt bad for folks that got fast passes thinking it was the "good" Pandora ride

And probably others. And this is why I think when you reach this point you realize it's time to just focus on Universal and local parks for thrills and experience WDW for the stuff you can't get elsewhere. I mean, where else could I see a talking Joe Biden?

PiratesMansion

Smuggler's Run-redundant with, and inferior to, Star Tours in the same park.
Spider-Man-redundant with, inferior to, and less user-friendly than TSMM in the same park. Devastatingly inferior to the Universal attraction that's over 20 years old.
Ant-man & the Wasp: I never thought I'd miss Astro Blasters, but this was quite bad.

J4546

Original Poster
Oh yes, how could I forget Ratatouille, a ride that is trying to be like a version of Universal's Spider-Man without a ride system at all appropriate for the task (or so it seems to me)

I think rat is a great addition to epcot. My gf loved it, I thought it was a fun darkride that was in a nice looking expansion

PiratesMansion

I think rat is a great addition to epcot. My gf loved it, I thought it was a fun darkride that was in a nice looking expansion
And you're welcome to like it. I just think it's a waste of time, space, and money that has no actual merit other than giving WS something else to do.

And I personally would have chosen something else for the same purpose.

But if people want to (in my view) waste their vacation waiting in a long line for that ride (or any of the others I mentioned), they're certainly welcome to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom