What's the last movie you watched?

Phroobar

Original Poster
Bram Stroker's Dracula - this is a really stylish version of Dracula. The shooting technics here would be considered common place now. It is almost a living comic book before CG. I would have liked to see Renfield do more than just be locked up. Harker is gone for half the movie before he escapes. It is very scary at times but I still prefer the Frank Langella version over this one.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Pirates of the Caribbean -Curse of the Black Peral - It's amazing how fun this movie still is. There is so much packed into it that it never lets you breath. Everyone did a great job on it. I liked the limited number of shout outs to the ride but the story really doesn't have anything to do with them. The Haunted Mansion movies seem to rely on the shout outs without generating it's own story. Too bad Disney beat the franchise to death.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The House that would not Die - Barbara Stanwyck inherits a haunted house with two revolutionary ghosts that keep possessing people. Slow burn made for tv 70's movie with no special effects. You know the ghosts are around by wind blowing through the house.

McMickeyWorld

Spy × Family Code: White
It was very fun to watch, in the theater there were some families and it was noticeable that we all had a lot of fun. I don't think it's necessary to watch the second season to enjoy it and personally I liked it more than many of the season's episodes.
😁😆❤️
Screen-Shot-2023-12-26-at-6.29.23-PM.png

Phroobar

Original Poster
Raiders of the Lost Ark - saw this one in the theater. The room was packed and everyone had a great time. More people showed up for this than the regular release of Indiana Jones and the Dial Tone of Disney.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Star Wars Episode 1 - I had a great time in packed theater. Everyone was into it. Great audience participation. Then everyone went silent during the preview of the Acolyte. Totally killed the buzz. I guess Carrie Ann Moss still knows Kung Fu.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The Haunting (1999) version with Liam Neeson and Catherine Zeta-Jones. I love this take on the book. The ghost children all look like animated statues. Good CG throughout especially when the house is changing. The sets are incredible looking.

donaldtoo

I don’t watch movies on purpose, per se.
If I run across something on TV that interests me I’ll watch it.
That being said, I recently ran across the movie “Stripes” from 1981 as it was beginning and watched it all the way through.
Still love that silly flick…!!! :)

Phroobar

Original Poster
Mission Impossible 5 Rogue Nation - This one was a little weak. It did have Tom Cruise hanging onto a plane as it took off. The motorcycle chase was long but fun. Rebecca Ferguson was great. The bad guy felt like a generic German bad guy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom