What's the funniest thing that happened to you at DW

LoriMistress

Last year on our Disney Trip my boyfriend and I decided to invite my mother and her new husband to join us for a day at one of the parks. My mom had recently gotten married to a man she met while vacationing in the Dominican Republic. He comes from a very poor back ground and was never able to experienced any rides or had never even been to a Theme park. My mom's boyfriend was in his late 20's so we knew he would be able to handle a rollercaoster or two. The first ride he ever experienced was ToT at DHS. We explained what the ride did and a little bit of the background of the twilight zone theme. When we finally got on the elevator I went in first to show I wasn't scared. This made my new step father sit next to my boyfriend. He seemed fine till the elevator started dropping. thats when my step dad was holding on to my arm while biting my boyfriends shoulder!!!!! He was screaming and biting and clawing at us the whole time. I felt really bad but I could'nt stop laughing the entire time. .. Well the end scene where the voice comes on and you think that the ride is over so I kept telling him you are ok!! It's over you are fine!!! So he let go and apologized to my boyfriend who is feeling akward about him biting him when all of a sudden the elevator lurches up one more time and my step father latches on again to me and my boyfriend and the biting continues!!! :lol: The picture is awesome. We laugh about it all the time!!!!!:sohappy:

Post the picture here. I would love to see your step-father's face of him holding on to you and biting your boyfriend. LOL

MagicMegan

Once when we stayed at POR, probably about 10 years ago, that would make me 15 at the time, we rented bikes and went for a bike ride around the resort. Well, the bikes weren't the BEST and I wasn't used to the terrain, so I was being really careful. We went over a bridge and at the end of the bridge you had to turn REALLY quick. I didn't... I flew in to the trees, running head on in to one before falling over. I sat there for a while on the ground while my mother and sister just laughed hysterically at me.

MagicMegan

My husband, son and I plopped down on the curb on main street to await the 3:00 parade and do some people watching. Across the street also sitting on the curb was a family and the father had just returned from Casey's getting hotdogs, etc. He got situated on the curb and picked up his hotdog and a seagull swooped down and snatched the entire thing from his hand and was gone. The look on the guys face was great. :eek:
I'm laughing so hard I think I might ______ myself. OMG!

MagicMegan

I'm sorry but seeing people wearing ponchos on Kali River rapids not only makes me laugh (I know I'm cruel,) but it makes me go :shrug:? Really?
Me too! A friend of mine who lives in FL just added pics to FB and there is one of her and her BF on Kali and the people next to her are wearing ponchos. I don't get it... what's the point of riding it?

DimpledDevil18

It seems like toddlers screaming embarassing things in bathrooms tends to be an ongoing trend. I have no recollection of this of course, but my Mom always loves to tell the story about how on my first trip to Disney I was 3 and recently potty trained. At dinner at Captain Jack's after a trip to a bathroom I apparently shouted (loud enough for the whole restaurant to hear) "I DID POO POO IN THE POTTY DADDY!" My parents of course were mortified luckily everyone around them thought it was funny and laughed.

Basically whenever you get my family together it's practically guaranteed that hilarity will ensue. We put the "fun" in dysfunctional. Some of my fav funniest moments are:

-On our last trip we had dinner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. My brother Matt even though he was 18 last trip is a notoriously picky eater. (Like eats only chicken fingers.) After much ragging we convinced him to order the pot roast because we were getting sick of the embarassment of him ordering off the kids menu. (He's a big guy.) Anyway of course he took two bites out of it and thought it was disgusting. We had an awesome waitress and once she saw that he didn't eat anything she began to rag on him and said that she'd "sweeten it up for him." She took the plate back to the kitchen and came back with the pot roast topped with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. It was priceless and we all had a good laugh over it. I was even dared to eat a piece. :hurl:

-Same trip, same brother lost his hotel key/park ticket no less than three times. Once it fell out of his pocket somewhere in MK, another time he left it at the pool, and then he locked it in his room. Luckily the CMs at Pop Century and at the MK were able to print him new ones on each occasion. Of course he was not allowed to live that down.

- My sister who had to be about 12 at the time threw a fit because we made her go on TOT and she was terrified even though when she rode three years before she had been fine. We're talking about full out crying like she was 6 or 7. We're on the line and everyone keeps staring at her (especially the young kids riding) and we're just laughing because she is such an actress. Our ride photo is hilarious because she's in tears and the look on her face is priceless. Needless to say on our following trip she was off the hook.

- My sisters first trip was when she was 4 and I feel bad because my Dad pushed her so bad since both my other brothers were 7 and 11 and I was 13. It was mid Aug and very hot and we really should've taken it easier on her, but we only get to go about once every 3 years and it was our first trip since I was 3. Anyway we are on line for the Jungle Cruise and she asks, "Do we get wet on this ride?" Because it seemed like on every ride you were at least getting splashed. She seemed insistent on not riding it if that were the case because she didn't like being splashed. Then right afterwards she goes, "I'm hot! I wanna go back to the hotel and go swimming! But I don't wanna get wet!" To this day everytime we are on a line for any kind of ride my family always asks one another if we "get wet on this ride" and then proclaim that we don't want to go and recite her famous line lol

LoriMistress

Me too! A friend of mine who lives in FL just added pics to FB and there is one of her and her BF on Kali and the people next to her are wearing ponchos. I don't get it... what's the point of riding it?

DH and I have done that once. We may look stupid, but at least we're not completely soaked for the rest of the day. I hate walking around in the parks completely drenched.

durhay

- My sisters first trip was when she was 4 and I feel bad because my Dad pushed her so bad since both my other brothers were 7 and 11 and I was 13. It was mid Aug and very hot and we really should've taken it easier on her, but we only get to go about once every 3 years and it was our first trip since I was 3.

:confused:

:veryconfu

:shrug:

DisneyLeo18

DH and I have done that once. We may look stupid, but at least we're not completely soaked for the rest of the day. I hate walking around in the parks completely drenched.

Not looking to pick a fight here just curious, for a ride like that, that basically has no other points to it than to get absolutely soaked on it? :wave:

LoriMistress

Not looking to pick a fight here just curious, for a ride like that, that basically has no other points to it than to get absolutely soaked on it? :wave:

Oh, I know you're not picking a fight. :D DH and I know how silly we look going on a ride wearing a poncho. We had people approach us telling us what a great idea to wear ponchos on the ride. But we wanted to experience the theming of the attraction. We don't like walking around the parks wearing soaking wet underwear and soaked shoes. It's not like we do it often--only once.

DimpledDevil18

:confused:

:veryconfu

:shrug:

To clarify my post we had first gone in like 1987 when I was three and then hadn't gone back until I believe like 97 when I was 13. After that point we began to go on an average of every three to four years. My parents wanted to wait until all my younger siblings were old enough to enjoy it. Sorry for the confusion. I typed that kind of late last night, so I probably was beginning to trail on and not make sense.

miles1

My 50's Prime Time experience:

About five years ago we were finishing up dinner and waiting to order desert when "nature called". Our server, Cousin Topfer (? sp) had been busting on us the entire meal, and the other server in our room (don't remember his name) was equally busting on the table of attractive young ladies across from us. These two fed off of each other and kept the room very lively throughout the meal.

As soon as I was done I headed for the men's room while my family waited to order desert. Apparently I was taking too long for my teenage son and daugher. Soon the men's room door burst open and Topfer yelled "HEY COUSIN JOE! WHAT'S TAKIN' SO LONG? DID YOU FALL IN?!" This was loud enough that at least HALF THE RESTAURANT heard him.

I then had to slink back to our table with half the restaurant staring at me and snickering, including the young ladies at the other table.

These two CM's were the best we've ever had at 50's Prime Time, and it was the most fun I've ever had eating anywhere on property. I hope they're still there.

Tiggerfanatic

I was watching the street performers on Sunset Blvd (the scene was set up to look like they were working in an office) and the dreaded Brazilian tour group walked right through the middle of the set oblivious to the fact that they had interrupted a performance. The actors stopped until the group had passed and then one said, "Don't you just hate it when you're working away in your office and a group of Brazilians walk in". :lol:

We have a winner! I just blew iced tea all over my computer screen!!!:ROFLOL:

DisneyLeo18

Oh, I know you're not picking a fight. :D DH and I know how silly we look going on a ride wearing a poncho. We had people approach us telling us what a great idea to wear ponchos on the ride. But we wanted to experience the theming of the attraction. We don't like walking around the parks wearing soaking wet underwear and soaked shoes. It's not like we do it often--only once.

Ah I see. As much as I love the queue, I think the ride is really lacking in theming, so I never ride if it isn't hot enough to get soaked. Thanks for the info :wave:

Grlwonder

I always remember tripping while walking in almost every park. The worst was in Animal Kingdom were I actually fell flat on the floor and started crying, and later my mom took a picture of the family with my all red and puffy eyed.

But one thing that I think is funny and cute is something that I regret ever doing! My first trip to WDW was when I was I believe 4. I only remember this because of the home video. In Magic Kingdom, my family and I went to take a picture with Mickey. We took the picture and after my mom was saying to hug and say goodbye to Mickey. My sister hugs him and then Mickey turns to to me. Me, with a serious face, doesn't even look at the adorable cuddly mouse and just leaves.
Whenever I go to Disney, I feel so sorry for Mickey. I feel like hugging him and saying "I'm so sorry!" lol.

MagicMegan

Yeah, I understand that. We always have a stroller now for my niece, and walking in wet jeans bothers me, but I refuse to wear ponchos... so I always bring a bag with extra clothes in case I get socked and then put the wet ones in there.

Maybe it's cause I'm 25 and still perpetually single... [shrugs] I just HATE the ponchos. I never wear one. I'd rather stand in the pouring rain. But I also love rain.

LoriMistress

Yeah, I understand that. We always have a stroller now for my niece, and walking in wet jeans bothers me, but I refuse to wear ponchos... so I always bring a bag with extra clothes in case I get socked and then put the wet ones in there.

Maybe it's cause I'm 25 and still perpetually single... [shrugs] I just HATE the ponchos. I never wear one. I'd rather stand in the pouring rain. But I also love rain.

I love the rain! But I don't like being in a storm. :D

Okay, back to the topic. I found this online. It's kinda funny, but I do feel sorry for the person in the picture. This person clearly is in a Disney park (probably WDW), because of the Mickey Ice Cream Bar. LOL

Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE1-300x300.jpg

lilclerk

I'll share my 50s Prime Time story too =)

While we were waiting for our meal this past December, I put my elbows on the table without thinking. Our waitress reprimanded me and let me know I'd be in trouble if I did it again.

After we ate and we were waiting for dessert, my friend put his elbows on the table without thinking. Well, it was a busy night and our "aunt" must have forgotten that it was me that had done it in the first place, and she said to my friend "What did I tell you, young man?" and sent him to hold a packet of sugar against the wall with his head while saying "I will not put my elbows on the table" three times :lol:

He emptied out the sugar packet (which our "aunt" signed and gave to him) and keeps it in his wallet in case he ever needs to remind me that I owe him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/siriusthinking/4177922362/in/set-72157622801493505/

He also needed some airplane time to get him to finish his veggies. He had a good night haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom