What's the best tour to go on?

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
I went on the Backstage Magic Tour and I was DRASTICALLY disapointed. I also wrote, and have written disney many times whenever ive had a problem, but they've never called or written me back just to say we got it.

When I was in middle school and twice (once at Epcot and once at MK) we took a REALLY cool tour that let us go behind haunted mansion, body wars, ellens energy adventure, etc. Is it possible to do that or anything like that? That will not only explain the rides but allow us to go on them?

WDWRLD

Sounds like you went on the Wonders of Walt Disney World tours. Those were tours for school age chirldren that were done in the 80s. I took the Worlds of entertainment tour in I believe 1987 and it to me at the time was boring. Now that I look back it was actually verry good. We toured Part of Epcot, dont remember what though, and the MK. At MK we saw where Tinkerbells flight ended...matress and all, the utilidors and some character encounters...Goofy I know because I have pictures. We also were taken backstage and saw the Electric Light Parade floats. At the beginning of the tour we were all given a camera (did I mention the tour was heavily advertised for Kodak) and allowed to take pictures of certain areas. At the end the cameras were collected and the photos were developed and mailed to us. We also recieved a certificate and a nice hardcover and a softcover book.
I have also taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the Behind the seeds tour and really enjoyed them both.

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
Sounds like you went on the Wonders of Walt Disney World tours. Those were tours for school age chirldren that were done in the 80s. I took the Worlds of entertainment tour in I believe 1987 and it to me at the time was boring. Now that I look back it was actually verry good. We toured Part of Epcot, dont remember what though, and the MK. At MK we saw where Tinkerbells flight ended...matress and all, the utilidors and some character encounters...Goofy I know because I have pictures. We also were taken backstage and saw the Electric Light Parade floats. At the beginning of the tour we were all given a camera (did I mention the tour was heavily advertised for Kodak) and allowed to take pictures of certain areas. At the end the cameras were collected and the photos were developed and mailed to us. We also recieved a certificate and a nice hardcover and a softcover book.
I have also taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the Behind the seeds tour and really enjoyed them both.
lol i wasnt even born then. i took two trips in like 98/99/00. it was 1/2 a day doing the tour 1/2 a day doing what we wanted. MK and Epcot were 2 diff days. i dont know why they dont make that tour open to the public, its sooooo much fun and i learned TONS more then i did going to disneys laundry mat :(

WDWRLD

lol i wasnt even born then. i took two trips in like 98/99/00. it was 1/2 a day doing the tour 1/2 a day doing what we wanted. MK and Epcot were 2 diff days. i dont know why they dont make that tour open to the public, its sooooo much fun and i learned TONS more then i did going to disneys laundry mat :(

All of the tours I have been on ore public tours.....disneys laundry mat???

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The best was hidden Secrets of World Showcase, quite why this tour was sacrificed to fit in those Segway trips is a mystery. I have been on Keys 3 times and the host definitely makes a big difference.

DiPSU224

We loved the Keys to the Kingdom tour we took back in 2005. Fred was our guide and he was terrific. He had been with the company for around 20 years if I remember correctly. We got to ride HM and Pirates with lunch at Columbia Harbour House.
My parents did the secrets to the WS tour back in '04 and raved about it. I always wanted to try it. I wish they would bring it back.

krankenstein

The rides you do vary on your tour guide from what I can tell. Ours took us on HM and Pirates.

Actually, the tour guide I had said it varies by availability. It is suppose to be Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. If Jungle Cruise is unavailable, they use Pirates. If Haunted Mansion is unavailable they use Small World.

DizneyPryncess

I agree that the host can make all the difference. Our tour guide for Keys was named Matthew and he was hilarious! There was never a dull moment.

We did The Haunted Mansion & The Jungle Cruise too - along w/the utilidors & the parade float area. Loved it! I highly recommend trying it out :)

Lee

Adventurer
Backstage Magic is the best all around tour.
Keys is ok...used to be better.
Backstage Safari is also highly recommended.

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
All of the tours I have been on ore public tours.....disneys laundry mat???
Yeah, the backstage magic tour takes you off site (after eating at WL) and you get to go look at laundry being done, fun fun! Also earler in the day yo get to see CM's sewing up ripped laundry and CM's checking out different uniforms. In my opinion, I dont think they could make the tour worse if they tried
Backstage Magic is the best all around tour.
Keys is ok...used to be better.
Backstage Safari is also highly recommended.
I went on it, it's the one i was talking about above, but i guess we disagree on the BSM tour.
Dolphins in the Depth at The Seas

By far the best tour I have done below is a lnk to my review of it!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Dolphins-in-Depth/Reviews.htm
Nice review, short and sweet (unlike most of my posts that i wish i could shread down), but unfortunatly i dont like animals. But the exclusive pin at the end sounds nice, i still have my BSM pin and my dad has his in a mural.

I mean if i was the only one who doesnt like the BSM tour let me know, but my dad felt the same way. We didnt even get to go on any attractions. We spent more time at a laundry mat then we did learning about ToT AND after learning the magic we didnt get to go experience it. That was the best part of the tours i took as a kid, you learn, and then you experience. Not dangling a BEAST ride in front of your eyes n then taking it away saying we have sooo much more fun stuff to get to.....which is a lie.

whendoweleave?

We have done the keys to the Kingdom tour and went on Pirates and H.M. We also ate at the Columbia Harbour house. Got to see the area behind splash mountain,utilidors and the offices above the Emporium on main street. It was fun just to see all of the areas you normally don't get to see.
Also we took the Steam train tour. It was fun we got to see the backstage area where they repair and store the trains and monorails. We also got the complete history of the trains and their origins. Our guide was great and knew every techinal aspect of just about any train on the planet but unless your a real train junky it can get a little boring.

We really want to try the segway tour and the tour where you spend the day going to all 4 parks. Anyone done either of these?

Anybody done the Backstage Safari at AK? My daughter is in pre-vet med at school and thinks she wants to do this tour on our trip in May. What do you get to see? My understanding is it a 3 hr on certain days.

WDWRLD

We have done the keys to the Kingdom tour and went on Pirates and H.M. We also ate at the Columbia Harbour house. Got to see the area behind splash mountain,utilidors and the offices above the Emporium on main street.

Thats somewhere I would really like to see.....the offices on mainstreet.

whendoweleave?

The most interesting part of the Keys tour was seeing an armored truck picking up the cash behind splash mountain. We were told that they make at least 2 pick ups a day in each park.
I did not think of it at the time but how mind blowing is that . They take in so much $$$'s and need so much change that it takes 2 pick up/drop offs each day at each park!!! :p

My ideal tour would be to be able to just roll in the cash for half an hour!!! :sohappy:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The most interesting part of the Keys tour was seeing an armored truck picking up the cash behind splash mountain. We were told that they make at least 2 pick ups a day in each park.
I did not think of it at the time but how mind blowing is that . They take in so much $$$'s and need so much change that it takes 2 pick up/drop offs each day at each park!!! :p

My ideal tour would be to be able to just roll in the cash for half an hour!!! :sohappy:

More mind blowing when you consider the amount of room charging and card use that goes on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom