What's the best month to visit WDW?

allypeanut

We would like to know what the best time of year to visit WDW is. I'm thinking maybe January. It's after the Christmas rush and before the spring breakers. We went, just hubby and I, for our honeymoon 12 years ago and it was in the fall, however, I don't want to risk bad weather during hurricane season. I don't want to wait until next March or April because that's just too long. When is the best weather and slowest crowds?

JimboJones123

get there the weekend after t-giving. weather is still warm enough to swim some days, and xmas is in full swing. nights may require more than just a sweater though.

Upvote 0

rjwalter

One of these 3

My vote would be either September right when kids return to school. I've never been during this time but heard its pretty nice. The first part of December is a can't lose. Weather is pretty good. Christmas decorations and activities are in full swing. Also January is very good. I've been the last 2 January's and its been great. Small crowds and decent weather.

Upvote 0

KnK

We always start our vacation the Friday after Labor Day weekend. The crowds are great and weather is still very nice.

Only 1 in the past 8 years has bad weather played apart during the time period. September 2001.

Upvote 0

steviej

we always like to go in the first or second week in may. The weather is beautiful, both theme parks are open, schools are still in session.

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

JMHO but I would avoid January because the parks close early, there are ride refurbs and I personally prefer the parks to have some crowds just for the atmosphere. When it's dead it isn't the same and crowds are rarely unmanageable (Easter and Christmas are the worst times). I'm a May/June person. Sometime I would love to go in December though to see the Christmas decorations and MVMCP.

Upvote 0

trr313

We usually go in October, December and February and I have to say that February is my favorite time of year to go. To me the crowds are not bad at all and the Florida heat is not overpowering as it can be in the summer months. I have to say though any day at Disney is great.

Upvote 0

eroyee

best time to go.

:wave: January is the perfect month. If you go before January 8th, I believe the lights will still be there from Christmas. The weather is undependable. You will probably have to wear jackets early morning and night. Yes, the hours are shorter. If you dont like crowds or heat that is the best. :wave: :wave:

Upvote 0

Mandyhope

We went in early December on our last trip. It was nice to see the Christmas decorations, but I missed not being able to use the pool. It was never warm enough. Our first trip was in late April. The crowds were okay and the weather was really nice. A little hot, but bearable. We are planning late April or early May for our next trip. It will probably come down to when the regular season prices are in effect, what deals are going on and airfare.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've been 4 times during the Easter holidays and this year we're going in August during the school holidays. Crowds are heavy.
But to be perfectly honest - I'm grateful to be able to go - and make the most of my time in The Happiest Place on Earth :)

Upvote 0

gboiler1

I have to say December is also our favorite time. We went in late September and although the crowds were light, the temps and humidity were still too much! We are going the week after Thanksgiving this year. All the refurbs will be done, the Christmas lights will be up, the temps will be great, no hurricanes and still warm enough for pools and Blizzard Beach.

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

First week of December is great, but if you don't have your heart set on Christmas decorations, then I would strongly recommend going one month or so earlier. If you go in the last week of Oct or first week of Nov, you get to experience the Food and Wine Festival, great weather, small crowds, and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

We have made the trip for the Food & Wine Festival for several years in a row now. It's a must-go kind of trip for us now.

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

I went in late July last year and the lines were crazzzzzzy. I've been in September and even though it rained, the lines were good. :p
I've enjoyed every trip, even when its crowded. Kinda adds to the magic in a way, to me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom