What's the best month to visit WDW?

allypeanut

We would like to know what the best time of year to visit WDW is. I'm thinking maybe January. It's after the Christmas rush and before the spring breakers. We went, just hubby and I, for our honeymoon 12 years ago and it was in the fall, however, I don't want to risk bad weather during hurricane season. I don't want to wait until next March or April because that's just too long. When is the best weather and slowest crowds?

swimmom

DARREN DOOZER said:
I am traveling to disney from the U.K August 21st could nay one tell me if it will be really busy or not to bad
We've been at time of year before and the crowds weren't bad except on the weekends. Lot's of local school have started by that week. And yes it will be very hot & humid!

And to the OP.... I would go anywhere from the week after Thanksgiving to the second week in December. Weather is good and you should be past the hurricane threat. The Christmas decorations are really great. However, my absolute favorite time to go is the first week in May, which doesn't fall into you planning.

Upvote 0

joelleharbert

We were originally scheduled to go in Feb. 2005, but as luck would have it, we ended up going in Sept. 2004 instead. Other than Hurricane Jeanne coming through on our last day there, we had a great time with absolutely no waits at any of the parks. It was still pretty hot, though, although it was nice when it was time to go swimming. We're heading there again this September. Can't wait!

Upvote 0

hansel1

January, after new years before martin luthers holiday! The park hours are shorter but with few crowds you get more done anyway. This past january 8-15th the weather was sunny mid 70s from 9a.m. to 7 p.m. mid to low 60s after that. Rained one day for 20 minutes. Awsome weather, no crowds, great bus service.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

natalia1681 said:
I would have to say October. This will be my third trip in October this year. Weather isn't too hot or cold. Crowds are tiny, if at all!:D

Let's give it up for October! This will be our third trip during that month -- in a row. Love it during that time of year. Nothing beats the one-two punch of Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

allypeanut said:
We would like to know what the best time of year to visit WDW is. I'm thinking maybe January. It's after the Christmas rush and before the spring breakers. We went, just hubby and I, for our honeymoon 12 years ago and it was in the fall, however, I don't want to risk bad weather during hurricane season. I don't want to wait until next March or April because that's just too long. When is the best weather and slowest crowds?
Uhh ... Febtober?

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

sleepybear said:
Let's give it up for October! This will be our third trip during that month -- in a row. Love it during that time of year. Nothing beats the one-two punch of Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP.
DING DING DING DING!!!! October is the best. Food and Wine Fest, Halloween Party, Low crowds, Great weather!

now if they could just get value season rates. ;)

Upvote 0

tecowdw

allypeanut said:
Anytime is a great time to visit WDW!!
:)
Can't do anything about the weather (i.e. hurricanes) so don't fret that one.

Upvote 0

MagicDreams50

Last summer my family went the last week in July. The heat and humidity was nearly unbearable even in the mornings. The crowds were really bad, too. I remember having to wait in line for hours especially for the more popular rides such as SM, Soarin, and Test Track.

Still had an AWESOME time though. I really dont think it matter when I go, I will always have a blast. Its DISNEY!

Upvote 0

parker kim

We have reservations for oct. 7-12. but my husband keeps bring up the storm and weather thing. Did anyone ever have to cancle or change plans because of it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom