What's the best (and cheapest) way to buy park tickets?

fmingo36

Original Poster
Just wondering--

Do you buy tickets for the days you'll be there or do you buy more days with the no expiration option?

Do you buy directly from Disney or do you look for discounted tickets somewhere?

I'm going in September and wondering what's the best way to save a few $$$.

THANKS!

TakeMeThere81

When we've gone I've always found good prices online. Just be sure you buy from a good retailer, not a scam or place trying to sell timeshares. I like... dwtickets.com . They've got good prices. If you can buy the 10 day w/no expiration, you'll save yourself a lot of money...but you kind of have to make it as an investment. I would recommend considering the annual pass if you'll go twice in a year...if you want to invest for tickets as if you were going once a year or later in between trips, check out the no expiration.

Basically do the math, and you can figure out what is best for you and your family.

(Just keep in mind also, that you can't buy a dining plan with ticket any other place but through the Disney company)

hokielutz

Its really going to depend on your individual situation. How many times are you going and for how long for each of your trip(s)? I have found that Mousesavers (dot) com has great suggestions. Also looking online further for tickets helps.

In 2009, my wife and I are planning at least 2 trips, and we decided to get the regular APs which will help us save $$ on parking, Dining, golf, and Room-only reservations. So the AP will save us some money, but we also made the decision to get the most out of the pass by going for as long as we can.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are quite a few things that can change that answer.

How long are your trips and how many days will you be at the parks?

How frequently do you go? once a year, once every 2 years, 3 times a year, etc

Are you a Florida resident?

Do you go to the water parks or Disney quest?

Do you live in the UK?

Do you stay on site or off property?

Laura

Premium Member
The least expensive tickets are sold through the military. Bring along a military friend and save tons buying them at Shades of Green. :lol:

MicheleK

I have family that lives in Florida (5 miles from Disney Vero Beach actually). So we buy the 10 plus 10 (10 day hopper plus 10 extras) with no expiration date. This gives us (for the most part) multiple years worth of "doing Disney". We'll use two or three days here, and two or thee days there, or just shoot up to the water parks for a day here and there, etc. We paid $500 for each ticket and the way that breaks down (to me, anyway) is $25/day of Disney fun. Sometimes we stay on property, sometimes we get a condo/house, sometimes we commute (it's only an hour and a half from Vero to Orlando). It all depends on the type of vacation we have planned for that year. Last Christmas we used one day, toured three parks (all but AK), saw all the Christmas decorations and had a blast then returned to Vero that night.

For us, that particular ticket is the way to go. But as stated before, every situation/person is different. You need to do what's right for your particular situation/vacation. :wave:

Nebrfan

Here's what we do to "maximize" our dollars. We live in Nebraska and basically plan two vacations at the same time. This year we will go during the 2nd week of August and buy annual passes, so this year's trip will be a little pricey. Next year we will go the 1st week of August, so our tickets will still be good and already paid for. You can use a Disney Visa to build points for your stay as well. It really helps out. Good luck.

fmingo36

Original Poster
Thanks for all your suggestions!

This will probably the last Disney trip for awhile:cry:. Have gone 3 times this year and DH is Disneyed out. I should have bought the AP last year. Oh well.

This vacation is going to be a quick 3 day visit so we can do MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Fest at EPCOT.
Got a great deal on airfare and a room-just couldn't pass it up!!!
I guess I can't complain too much if I have to pay gate prices to get in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom