What's the best alcoholic beverage in the parks?

Princess_AmyK

Awesome! I am going to keep up with this thread because I have been wondering the same thing!

I last went for my 21st and "drinking around the world" was one of my main goals. Unfortunately, I got sick during my trip so while I did drink some things, I really didn't do as I had hoped.

This trip I am looking forward to trying all the things I didn't get to!
Like OP I feel the same about drinks. Not a mixed drink fan. Mostly into wine and beer or shots. I don't like all the sugar that comes with the mixed stuff. I did try a LapuLapu once because my mom talked it up, and I wasn't a fan. It was just too much sugar to the point that I had a hard time drinking it.

I especially love craft beer. So not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone know if they have any on property?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Awesome! I am going to keep up with this thread because I have been wondering the same thing!

I last went for my 21st and "drinking around the world" was one of my main goals. Unfortunately, I got sick during my trip so while I did drink some things, I really didn't do as I had hoped.

Like OP I feel the same about drinks. Not a mixed drink fan. Mostly into wine and beer or shots. I don't like all the sugar that comes with the mixed stuff. I did try a LapuLapu once because my mom talked it up, and I wasn't a fan. It was just too much sugar to the point that I had a hard time drinking it.

I especially love craft beer. So not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone know if they have any on property?

I too love a nice craft beer. I understand both Germany and Canada in WS offer a few craft beers. With the burgeoning craft beer movement in Florida, you would think WDW would have more offers since there are several local breweries in the Orlando area. I always fall back on Killian's or Bass if I can't find a nice craft brew.

Princess_AmyK

I too love a nice craft beer. I understand both Germany and Canada in WS offer a few craft beers. With the burgeoning craft beer movement in Florida, you would think WDW would have more offers since there are several local breweries in the Orlando area. I always fall back on Killian's or Bass if I can't find a nice craft brew.

I was hoping that with the Disney Springs make over, that some of the new and more modern restaurants that they brought in would have some craft beer options.
I wonder if it is just too many guests for a craft beer company to be able to support.

StarWarsGirl

Okay, I'm kind of going to go opposite here: I am turning 21 in April, so August will be my first time in WDW where I'll be able to drink. My parents let me drink at home (which is legal in our state), so I already know that I don't like beer. I prefer red wine and fruity drinks, but can't have anything with pineapple, strawberries, or guava in it. I probably won't want to do shots or tequila because I have no desire to get drunk. Suggestions?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I was hoping that with the Disney Springs make over, that some of the new and more modern restaurants that they brought in would have some craft beer options.
I wonder if it is just too many guests for a craft beer company to be able to support.

Considering that the best craft brewery in Florida - Cigar City in Tampa - is only an hour or so away via I-4, you'd think Disney would jump on the bandwagon. A friend and colleague quit 2 years ago to concentrate full time on his craft brewing. We've all been so impressed with his product that we happily became investors in his business and last year, he opened his full time brewery. Local restaurants have figured out how popular local beers are and several are now offering them on tap. So I can go eat a burger at Red Robin and drink my Mango Wit ale. We now have 5 local breweries. I'm sure there are ten times that in Orlando.....

StarWarsGirl

Germany and the UK are where I know I'll find my beer-loving friends. One time, I went with my uncles, who love beer. I went looking for them and figured I would find them in either Germany or the UK. Found them in Germany; they had already been to the UK.:rolleyes:

cornandacobb

One that stood out for me was from the Blue Zoo. They have awesome bartenders and awesome cocktails.

burnt orange
herradura blanco infused with brûléed orange and muddled with agave nectar, grand marnier, and orange juice. topped with a flaming orange

It was on fire!

A also like the Long Island Iced Tea from 50's primetime:

Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea
Bacardi Superior Rum, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Hendrick's Cointreau, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola®

LAKid53

Premium Member
Okay, I'm kind of going to go opposite here: I am turning 21 in April, so August will be my first time in WDW where I'll be able to drink. My parents let me drink at home (which is legal in our state), so I already know that I don't like beer. I prefer red wine and fruity drinks, but can't have anything with pineapple, strawberries, or guava in it. I probably won't want to do shots or tequila because I have no desire to get drunk. Suggestions?

Go to either France or Italy for some excellent wine. I've been in both of the shops and their selection is good. And restaurants in both countries will serve some excellent wines... they might even for a fee uncork the bottle you just bought.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Grey Goose slush in France, Italy and France both have some decent red wines

lostpro9het

In the parks:
Tois Pistoles inside of Le Cel
20150505_203536.jpg

La Fin Du Monde out side of Le Cel as well as the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge at HS
20151219_184551.jpg

The_Jobu

Last time I was at EPCOT was about 15 years ago. Now when I visit next month I'm really looking forward to spending too much money on my abridged drinking 'round the world plan:

Mexico: Margarita
Italy: Limoncello
Japan: Sake
UK: Half & Half
Canada: Craft Beers

Rudyard Kipling

Original Poster
In the parks:
Tois Pistoles inside of Le Cel
20150505_203536.jpg

La Fin Du Monde out side of Le Cel as well as the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge at HS
20151219_184551.jpg
La Fin Due Monde is one of my favorite beers, I've also seen Bells Oberon at Epcot, which is also a great spring/summer beer.

To add to my own post, I've also had the martini flight at the Brown Derby, which was pretty great. In fact, I think I had two.

GeoDonJac34

Schofferhofer grapefruit beer in the Germany pavilion was one of the best beers I ever had. Grey Goose slush in France and Bass on tap at Rose and Crown are also really good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom