What's Still On and What's Now Off

Ben_since_1971

So there's so many threads and I haven't been able to read all the posts, but I was wondering if anyone knows/has answered the following things:

1. Are "shows" going to be running when the parks reopen? There seems to be a concern for indoor stuff in general but they could have parties separate by a number of seats in most venues to help with social distancing. I'd hope/think that at least the 4D movies/Circle Vision and AA shows would be continue - not as sure about the live ones like the stunt show/BatB at DHS/Nemo/FOTLK, etc which seems likely to not be happening

2. I know that fireworks and parades are out, but what about Fantasmic! or RoL or the projection shows? I'm assuming they'd be off too for the same reasons. Again,a theater set up like F! or RoL might theoretically be possible with reduced capacity and social distancing.

3. This may sound silly, but I'm curious about the "games" like SOTMK, the Pirates one, Agent P (was that ever switched to Ducktales?). They seem like something that can exist with the new found rules. I actually think that if they exist, that would make the reduction of attractions more palatable by giving some cool "things to do" while in the parks
1. No shows initially. I suppose in theory the movies and something like HoP could open, but my guess is initially no.

2. I don't think you will see any nighttime entertainment for a long time.

3. I agree with your why, and I would suspect that could be allowed as they seem to be socially distant compatible activities.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
1. No shows initially. I suppose in theory the movies and something like HoP could open, but my guess is initially no.

2. I don't think you will see any nighttime entertainment for a long time.

3. I agree with your why, and I would suspect that could be allowed as they seem to be socially distant compatible activities.

HoP is likely to open with rows blocked off. Opening in the middle of summer means they have to find ways to get people into air conditioning.

doctornick

Is this a guess/opinion on your part or knowledge?

To me, the difference between having CBJ, Tiki Birds, HoP, CoP, American Adventure, Circlevision, Tough to be a Bug, etc available to compliment the rides is the difference between the parks being worthwhile to visit or not (in light of the other cuts). The ability to actually go and relax in an indoor show would dramatically affect how much "fun" the parks would be in July and August.

Ben_since_1971

To me, the difference between having CBJ, Tiki Birds, HoP, CoP, American Adventure, Circlevision, Tough to be a Bug, etc available to compliment the rides is the difference between the parks being worthwhile to visit or not (in light of the other cuts). The ability to actually go and relax in an indoor show would dramatically affect how much "fun" the parks would be in July and August.
Educated guess.

Rue D'Baga

I wonder this too. A good portion of my enjoyment of WDW are things like Tiki Room and CoP, and if those are closed I have no desire to go.

TTA94

So there's so many threads and I haven't been able to read all the posts, but I was wondering if anyone knows/has answered the following things:

1. Are "shows" going to be running when the parks reopen? There seems to be a concern for indoor stuff in general but they could have parties separate by a number of seats in most venues to help with social distancing. I'd hope/think that at least the 4D movies/Circle Vision and AA shows would be continue - not as sure about the live ones like the stunt show/BatB at DHS/Nemo/FOTLK, etc which seems likely to not be happening

2. I know that fireworks and parades are out, but what about Fantasmic! or RoL or the projection shows? I'm assuming they'd be off too for the same reasons. Again,a theater set up like F! or RoL might theoretically be possible with reduced capacity and social distancing.

3. This may sound silly, but I'm curious about the "games" like SOTMK, the Pirates one, Agent P (was that ever switched to Ducktales?). They seem like something that can exist with the new found rules. I actually think that if they exist, that would make the reduction of attractions more palatable by giving some cool "things to do" while in the parks

I was wondering about that to with F! And Rivers of Light. They could still do those and space guests out in the theater, limit capacity.

drizgirl

With lower capacity crowds and socially distanced queues, what would prevent F&W from going on as usual? Perhaps more outdoor dining sections (and/or trash cans).
It’s something that actually generates revenue instead of costing Disney money. So I imagine they’ll find a way for it to go on.

zengoth

It’s something that actually generates revenue instead of costing Disney money. So I imagine they’ll find a way for it to go on.
The only other thing i can think of in my ever-increasing consternation is - I don't think WDW wants you eating in the parks any time soon. A sit down restaurant with a reservation perhaps, but snacking and strolling, the raison d'etre of F&W, is a face-covering no-go and I am betting Disney wants no part of that chaos. "If we can't control it, they we ain't gonna do it" may be their new tagline. :mad:

peter11435

The only other thing i can think of in my ever-increasing consternation is - I don't think WDW wants you eating in the parks any time soon. A sit down restaurant with a reservation perhaps, but snacking and strolling, the raison d'etre of F&W, is a face-covering no-go and I am betting Disney wants no part of that chaos. "If we can't control it, they we ain't gonna do it" may be their new tagline. :mad:
But they have no problem operating beer carts, and selling popcorn, ice cream, and other walking snacks at Disney Springs?

Haymarket2008

I must’ve overlooked any new rumors on Spaceship Earth—where did you see that bit about it being back on the docket?

In another thread, they mentioned this:

Btw, @marni1971 , I'm hearing a scaled- down refurb for Spaceship Earth is greenlit. You have better contacts than me on that one. Let us know if you hear anything. I'm thinking the ride requires significant maintenance to get up and running or they wouldn't spend money at this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom