What's Still On and What's Now Off

TrainsOfDisney

Maybe someone wrote on this....if alot of the events are not going to happen...is the cost going to be lowered???....

That’s going to be the question... how much can you cut and people still want to visit Disney? No fireworks, no parades, limited character meets, limited attractions.... at some point what are you paying for?

At Disney you’ve never paid for just one thing... the entire experience adds up to something that is worth paying for.

Jrb1979

That’s going to be the question... how much can you cut and people still want to visit Disney? No fireworks, no parades, limited character meets, limited attractions.... at some point what are you paying for?

At Disney you’ve never paid for just one thing... the entire experience adds up to something that is worth paying for.
At that point Disney becomes the same as your local amusement park.

SteamboatJoe

I had this sort of weird idea that maybe, at first, they should just open MK itself as a walk-thru attraction with some things like the train, steamboat, and TTA running (without guests) to provide some ambiance. They could have controlled M&G's with costumed characters and some of the shops and restaurants could open too. People could get their castle pictures and enjoy the finer details of things they may otherwise overlook. At first I thought it would be really neat if it was completely free but that probably wouldn't make any financial sense and could possibly lead irresponsibly large crowds if attendance was not limited. I'm not sure even a modest entrance fee would cover it. I also realized that not a lot of people, relatively speaking, would be willing to travel any kind of significant distance to attend such a thing.

Josh Hendy

You outlined a bunch of very good points to why we should all very much question his credibility.
I would doubt nearly everyone's credibility on nearly every topic.

I worked in a corporation, not in the boardroom or in senior management but I knew a lot of the honchos quite well. I met them frequently around the water cooler and if there were any hints made about important upcoming events, projects and decisions I would have heard them. But the thing is, I DIDN'T hear the actual facts, because the people really in the know weren't going to tell me or any of my colleagues. I only learned important news when it was officially announced, like everyone else.

Once, one of my friends was involved in a merger with another company and he didn't say "boo" to me about it because he was expressly warned of the legal jeopardy he would be in for leaking anything.

The only time I ever heard an important piece of information before the public was once when my friend who had let's say, ethical issues, logged onto someone else's computer and read about a plan to launch a subsidiary.

It is beyond absurd that anyone legitimately "in the know" at a large company like Disney would casually blab about this or that project being greenlit or cancelled to a friend or acquaintance EVEN if they work for the same company, and ESPECIALLY if they don't work for the company and they run a blog or is a busy beaver on social media.

99% of the time, "I have an inside source" is a lie.

TrojanUSC

excellent post, that DDP ruined so many amazing locations.

The reduction in menu choices, the homogenization, the downgrading of ingredients, the overuse of frozen Sysco-type stuff. It's just a massive downgrade.

Last time we visited 'Ohana we were talking about how they used to have 4-5 skewer options, including white meat chicken, turkey and sausage, along with house made sauces. Now it's relegated to dark meat thighs, fatty steak and the still decent shrimp only, with bottled sauce. It's all because of the DDP.

Let's also not forget how ridiculous it is that guests staying at a hotel can't often get a reservation at their own resort's restaurant for breakfast, which is something that's pretty unheard of anywhere else. Staying at the Polynesian and feel like 'Ohana or Tonga Toast? Sorry they're full. The only reason The Wave is a thing is because convention guests were getting furious there was nowhere for a typical "should we go down for breakfast?" type breakfast.

The restaurants where you CAN get same day reservations are all second-tier restaurants, because the Disney Springs portfolio has lured all the non-DDP guests away with better quality experiences and food options.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe someone wrote on this....if alot of the events are not going to happen...is the cost going to be lowered???....

Heeeeellllllllllll No.

Incentives IF they need them. I’ll refer to what I have railed about for ten years...long before I was here: they actually raised the base prices during the last recession significantly and masked that with temporary promotions and gimmicks. That was to get everyone “on the back side” and it succeeded. The 2013-2020 prices have been largely unhinged.

I imagine big shot Bobby will do it again...this time as the “white knight”
Can’t wait for his follow up book.

I never paid for any of that stuff. The “15 minutes a day” stuff...I don’t think the value ever came from that...and when people - ahem - started to overemphasize that stuff, they have cranked the price into the lower ionosphere and the value became secondary to such things. Just me.
Wow! When did this thread become all about Universal? Aren't their forums for Universal Studios? I came here looking for updated information about WDW.
There’s isn’t any. Back to you, Bob.
It’s closed.

:)
EGGGGsactly 🥚

disney4life2008

The reduction in menu choices, the homogenization, the downgrading of ingredients, the overuse of frozen Sysco-type stuff. It's just a massive downgrade.

Last time we visited 'Ohana we were talking about how they used to have 4-5 skewer options, including white meat chicken, turkey and sausage, along with house made sauces. Now it's relegated to dark meat thighs, fatty steak and the still decent shrimp only, with bottled sauce. It's all because of the DDP.

Let's also not forget how ridiculous it is that guests staying at a hotel can't often get a reservation at their own resort's restaurant for breakfast, which is something that's pretty unheard of anywhere else. Staying at the Polynesian and feel like 'Ohana or Tonga Toast? Sorry they're full. The only reason The Wave is a thing is because convention guests were getting furious there was nowhere for a typical "should we go down for breakfast?" type breakfast.

The restaurants where you CAN get same day reservations are all second-tier restaurants, because the Disney Springs portfolio has lured all the non-DDP guests away with better quality experiences and food options.

Wait? The chicken skewer is not white meat? They lied to me I asked was it chicken breast.

disney4life2008

I'm confused doesn't Disney Springs take ddp?

aladdin2007

For sure, notice how property wide all the restaurants have some type of horrible brisket now on most all menus? And the only veg option everywhere is cheap hard green beans...they are just buying the same ingredients and using them everywhere to save costs, none of the restaurants can run their own location like they use to except for some of the third party ones.... Ohana still has some good moments but certainly agree with your points. I wont even start on the wrecking of Le Cellier because of DDP,, and the list goes on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom