What's Still On and What's Now Off

Should Universal be condemned then?

I have no idea what are considered to be adequate precautions against Corona in construction work. Are the conditions more dangerous for spreading the virus in construction than in other fields of work either essential or non-essential?

I imagine that equipment drivers pushing dirt around Epic Universe are adequately isolated. Are the steel workers bolting together the Jurassic coaster? The painters on scaffolds at Cinderella's castle?

What's remarkable is two companies in the same industry doing the same type of work hiring (essentially) the same contractors in the same area of the same state working under the same regulations and both having very similar contracts and insurance schemes. One of them is saying let's continue as before, one of them says, shut it down 100%.

Either the two companies' safety policies or their spending policies are 180 degrees opposite.
I, for one, applaud DISNEY for their response to this than Universal continuing on and putting profits before people. Just my opinion.

doctornick

Yep! I agree. I actually trust them to follow through, for the most part. It's a vast difference than how I feel about Disney, WDW in particular. Although I'm sure Paris' parks will suffer too. Disneyland isn't going to stop Runaway Railway. I do question if they go through with the e-ticket Avengers attraction. How far into the process are they on that behind the scenes?

I'm expect that MMRR will eventually get done in DL, but it wouldn't be that surprising to see it delayed significantly due to the closures and some cost-cutting measures to follow.

Kman101

I'm expect that MMRR will eventually get done in DL, but it wouldn't be that surprising to see it delayed significantly due to the closures and some cost-cutting measures to follow.

Yeah. I definitely expect significant delays on many things.

I guess it could be canned but I can't see that considering it's a clone and they're already in the process. But yeah, things like that will no doubt take time to get back to. They are likely evaluating a lot of things and may have to revisit that. Folks could either swarm the parks and Disney will have nothing to worry about, but they still have to account for the losses of being closed so ...

Kman101

People are getting sick and dying. I applaud Disney for sending workers home.

So do I, to an extent. They can be socially distant in a paint bucket. Or working on a flower bed. But better safe than sorry and they'd get nothing but yelled at so ... ironically no one seems to mind others continuing to work. The parks weren't the source of this virus. It's not unsafe to be there, as far as we all know, so if you're practicing the CDC guidelines ... But better to just not do it at all. And considering lockdowns/curfews, etc. it's probably for the best as well. We're all a bit hypersensitive to things but if it were dangerous or wrong, other places wouldn't have construction work continuing whether you or I agree with or not, doesn't really matter.

Meanwhile ...

I also forgot about the Star Wars Hotel. I'm really not sure on this one. It could technically sit abandoned but in this day and age of helicopter park aerials ... fans wouldn't let it go. So ... it could print money but it's also no doubt costly. Anyone know where we're at on this one?

doctornick

Rejuvenate and turn what’s left into the events pavilion. Build something south of it that looks like what was torn down and stick their much needed (apparently) bar in it. Make it two floors and stick the M&G downstairs. Voila. Same endgame, fraction of the price. And quick.

Could be the only good thing to come out of this sorry sorry mess.

Other good thing might potentially be the SSE changes not occurring. I have to admit that they have me fearful for the future of that ride so I'm kinda okay if it get scaled back to "just" regular refurb.

Animaniac93-98

Get out of here with that. There is still unecssary work going on at Disney. Including that "fancy" MacDonald's on property. It is on their property, so they could stop that the same way.

If we count the McDonald's, the Best Western and Swalphin additions (are they still being built?) that would mean 4 Disney theme park resorts have ongoing construction.

disney4life2008

With the new offer for June 1st - Sept for those who cancelled vacations during the shutdown, this doesn’t seem to point to them trying to restrict guests when they do open back up so I’m wondering if the rumor of many things being closed or greatly limited etc may not be accurate.

Most people who already had/have reservations during this time frame have not cancelled and now they are encouraging more. It could be just in case many do cancel but it’s just hard to read.

whats the feeling of WDW not being normal in terms of things operational by June 1st (assuming they’re are open by then)

I'm actually surprised they are doing this. It seems odd to get peoples hopes up for a June opening and knowing, they already buying plane tickets. I would hate for everyone to get their hopes up only for Disney to remain closed.

lazyboy97o

Which makes no sense, much like many from all these "new members".
Well, we already know that it is morally imperative that Universal shut down their projects and fire everyone. It’s good to also know that they’ve already started charging construction workers admission to Universal’s Epic Universe of Epicness so much that it is somehow already profitable.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm actually surprised they are doing this. It seems odd to get peoples hopes up for a June opening and knowing, they already buying plane tickets. I would hate for everyone to get their hopes up only for Disney to remain closed.

hope is kinda all we have right now. In all of this. I’m ok with some optimism rather than constant doom and gloom elsewhere - we’ll see what happens though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom