What's Scarrier...?

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by 9-Eye
What's "scarrier," Space Mountain (DW) or Rock N' Rollercoaster? And why?

9-Eye

I would go with Space Mountian. It's just it's aura. And the fact the only thing holding you in is a lap belt.

BTW, anyone else miss those 2 seater cars on SM? Nothing like having that someone special leaning into you during the ride. :D

mightyduck

Re: Re: What's Scarrier...?

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

I would go with Space Mountian. It's just it's aura. And the fact the only thing holding you in is a lap belt.

BTW, anyone else miss those 2 seater cars on SM? Nothing like having that someone special leaning into you during the ride. :D

For us single thin people, uh, no....don't miss 'em... ;)

And RnR scared me more than SM....it seems darker...

mightyduck

Originally posted by markymark
I think that SM is the scariest, coz it is sooo rickety! I don't think I would ride it if the lights were on!

Ah, you've not seen rickity, my friend...we still have some very large wooden coasters around here...I'll pass, thanks... ;)

SM is a high-tech wonder in comparison!

markymark

Originally posted by mightyduck

Ah, you've not seen rickity, my friend...we still have some very large wooden coasters around here...I'll pass, thanks... ;)

I guess so, mind you we do have "The Big Dipper" @ Blackpool "Pleasure" Beach - verrrrrry poor!

JAY-ROD

LOL I would of love to be been riding with you this summer when you 1st went on RNR! :p

mightyduck

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

LOL I would of love to be been riding with you this summer when you 1st went on RNR! :p

I was so nervous I thought I was going to make myself sick--and then I got trampled by that tour group there....

But they let me ride with a perfect gentleman--he was about 10. ;) And it was Love in an Elevator/Walk This Way, so I was fine. I just kept my eyes closed the whole time! The second trip, I was very excited about going on--and kept my eyes open, even. I was very brave. :)

JAY-ROD

I was so nervous I thought I was going to make myself sick--and then I got trampled by that tour group there....

But they let me ride with a perfect gentleman--he was about 10. ;) And it was Love in an Elevator/Walk This Way, so I was fine. I just kept my eyes closed the whole time! The second trip, I was very excited about going on--and kept my eyes open, even. I was very brave. :)

My brace little ducky! I would of kept u calm the whole time. I would grabur hands and throw them up in the air as soon as we launched. :p

mightyduck

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

My brace little ducky! I would of kept u calm the whole time. I would grabur hands and throw them up in the air as soon as we launched. :p

Um, yeah....I'm thankful for the charming ten-year-old, but thanks, anyway... ;)

Beauty and the

For me it has to be RnR the start is awesome and the corkscrew effect kind of makes me want to throw up.
Having ridden the bigdipper in Blackpool I have to agree with Mark that is more rickety, so SM seems first class for smoothness, but Mark don't you think the Grand National at the Pleasure beach is the most rickety :)

markymark

Originally posted by Beauty and the
but Mark don't you think the Grand National at the Pleasure beach is the most rickety :)

I have ridden it once, and that was more than enough! Talk about needing bicycle clips!! I thought it was going to fall down!!

Tink

I have to go with the majority here. My problem with RnR isn't the ride itself, it's the anticipation of waiting for that launch!:eek: Once it starts, I'm fine.

I'm not as bad on SM but I don't like the beginning of that either. I hate the feeling of going up and hearing the clickety-clanking of the track. I guess that's part of the "fun" of it all - the anticipation of the ride itself.:cool:

Lance

Two totally different attractions, in my opinion.

When I am on RnR, I am so pumped up, because I have a sickness called "Coaster Enthusiasm." When you sit there waiting to launch I am silent, then when I feel the first movement, I go nuts, screaming! I love it, it's not fear it's excitement, I never felt scared on RnR, it's a regular launch coaster and is very smooth.

Space Mountain is a totally different situation. Space Mountain is not a wonderful coaster. Space Mountain is great because it is indoors and it is DARK. When I sit in the front of the car, I am so excited until we are done being chained up the lift hill. After that we enter the darkness and the great atmosphere of stars. The stars make you feel like you don't know where your going. To this day everytime I ride in the front I close my eyes 2/3 into the ride. WHY, because the supports. I always believe that my hands are going to hit them. That's what makes Space Mountain great and very scary for me.:eek:

Lofatrules

Geez

I realize that this is a Disney message board,but if either one of those coasters is enough to scare you then you are definately leading sheltered lives. You want to be wrenched around go to IOA and ride the Incredible Hulk. If you don't almost black out on that launch and immelman loop congratulations. Speaking of rickety if you've ever been on the Coney Island Cyclone you would know the meaning of fast and rickety. Even better at Clementon Park in NJ they have an 83 year old coaster called the Jack Rabbit. It is what is called a side friction coaster which means there are no tracks just side boards holding the car to the structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom