"What's Next" Presentation cancelled.....

huntzilla

Original Poster
The upcoming "What's Next" presentation for this Friday, Dec. 7th has been cancelled. It has been replaced by an "Around the World" presentation.

Fantastic work TDO! Very reminiscent of when they shorted the Parks presentation at the D23 expo last year and announced nothing. Hooray for continual stagnation and no sign of progress! Maybe we'll learn something new by the time FP+ cripple's the parks!

afar28

Wonderful handling. Wonder why it was cancelled. Everyone hoping for Carsland or DHS rework announcers were wrong, because if the announcement was that important it wouldn't be cancelled obviously.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Perhaps its because they need something much more spectacular to announce the exciting major new attractions, parades and shows, as well as comfy seated benches and eco friendly fireworks.

PeterAlt

Maybe the announcements aren't ready yet and haven't been finalized? You can't announce something you're not sure about! Remember Eisner's Disney Decade? It started in the first few years on track and then the whole thing derailed. Projects that were announced for the second part of the decade never happened, but other projects that weren't part of that plan did. Same could be said for FLE, which was to include a "pixie" section when it was announced, but was replaced. Maybe this announcement was put off because major details were as of yet still undecided?

SirLink

Around the World sounds to me like they want to hype(deserved) Cars Land(DCA), Grizzly Gulch + Mystic Manor next year(HKDL), Kitchen Calamity + Dreams(DLPR), and maybe some Tokyo stuff - with a sorry WDW we got nothing!

TP2000

Around the World sounds to me like they want to hype(deserved) Cars Land(DCA), Grizzly Gulch + Mystic Manor next year(HKDL), Kitchen Calamity + Dreams(DLPR), and maybe some Tokyo stuff - with a sorry WDW we got nothing!

I'm pretty sure the "Around The World" press hoohaw isn't a literal presentation on things happening around the world. Rather, it would be things happening around Disney World besides FLE. Stuff we already all know about and that has already opened or nearing completion, but that could be hyped annoyingly as reasons to plan a Disney World vacation, like; Splitsville, Art of Animation resort, Jack Sparrow exhibit at DHS, DVC construction at Grand Floridian, Golden Oak sales continuing, etc.

I really doubt they would even acknowledge the other properties around the world at a WDW press party, let alone tout all the new stuff that is there but not at WDW.

So... if they cancelled the What's Next presentation, does that mean we have to wait until the D23 Expo in Anaheim next August to learn anything about the WDW future? :rolleyes:

Tom Morrow

Trying to be positive, it could just be a name change, and they'll still have something exciting to announce for WDW.

...but likely not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom