Whats next for fixin'

CDS Disney

Original Poster
Since this year has proven to be the year that things around the “world” are being fixed, refurbished, and built does any one have any news on some of the locations now sitting dormant? For those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about its places like Discovery Island the Island in the middle of bay lake that has remained empty since the creation of Animal Kingdome. For those of you who never visited it you missed out on a nice place to walk around. Also River Country Americas first Water Park has laid empty and no longer in use for the good part of at least two years. If I missed anything other rides and locations that remain empty with no visible solution in sight add it. So does any one know what if anything will be done with these locations.

StevenT

I had a thread a long time ago about River Country and someone said to me that it would eventually become Fort Wilderness' pool. I don't know how valid this statement was, but it is certainly a good suggestion.

As for Discovery Island, it'll probably just remain a deserted island, nothing more, nothing less.

brentley2

Originally posted by CDS Disney
Since this year has proven to be the year that things around the “world” are being fixed, refurbished, and built does any one have any news on some of the locations now sitting dormant? For those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about its places like Discovery Island the Island in the middle of bay lake that has remained empty since the creation of Animal Kingdome. For those of you who never visited it you missed out on a nice place to walk around. Also River Country Americas first Water Park has laid empty and no longer in use for the good part of at least two years. If I missed anything other rides and locations that remain empty with no visible solution in sight add it. So does any one know what if anything will be done with these locations.

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but it kind of is...the next thing to get fixed....PETER PAN.

It's one of my favorite rides, but...

the opening sequence through the Darling children's room need to be smoothed out ...it's darn rough! And, that spotlight that slams on to show us Peter's shadow...that needs to be changed to be more quiet!

Also, the dang volcano...please, Disney...take out the aluminum foil...put in some dry ice effects!

Ooh...dry ice effects...THAT would be nice as you go from London into Neverland to have dry ice fill the room as well.

I would also like to see the fiber optics from DL's version put into the final sequence with Peter at the helm of the Jolly Roger.

Just a few things to jazz up, clean up and smooth out this classic ride would be great.

J

joviacdan

My idea for Discovery Island was for them to open up a Pleasure Island type of place for adults, with outside dance clubs, bars, etc. etc.

I thought that would be awesome.

ToTBellHop

both Discovery Island and River Country are closed for good. No demolition at either sites will begin until replacements are planned, though (no need to demolish them). They will probably sit for years...

KevinPage

It's a Small World is suppose to be the 1st of the restoration of the Magic Kingdom classics.

I agree, Peter Pan needs to be the next thing fixed. Hopefully once Small World opens up and is more impressive than before, they will repaint (at the very least) Peter :)

J

joviacdan

Peter Pan does need a fixer up, but it most definitely won't happen until It's A Small World reopens.

Oh my lord - Can you just imagine the mess and annoyance that would be created with BOTH down at the same time!!!!

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

venooch333

I don't think disney should close one classic ride straight another is reopened, i think they should leave about a month see the guest reaction to the newly reopened ride and work from that!!:king:

*MichelleP*

Originally posted by venooch333
I don't think disney should close one classic ride straight another is reopened, i think they should leave about a month see the guest reaction to the newly reopened ride and work from that!!:king:

I agree with you.
I also think Peter Pan needs some attention, so personally I would like to see that rehabed next -- an extensive one!

Chape19714

I REALLY hope River Country becomes part of the Fort Willderness pool. The 2 pools are often crowded and niether of them have a water slide. Besides, it's the first water park in the U.S., that's a piece of living history!!! Anyway, yes, I would like to see peter pan redone, but i think that POTC needs it before that. my list goes like this (order of rehabs)

1. Small World
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Pirates of the Carribean (FP anyone?)
4. Speedway (looks old, needs to be redone, it's nice that they are re-doing the roof, but the cars need a touch up too) IMO: DEMOLISH IT! but, if not, get a FP and Paint job, or make it like Disneyland's Autotopia!! (hey, if you have to go on it why not grab a FP and go eat at Cosmic rays, or take in a spin on the teacups then come back with no line!)
5. CoP, needs some T.L.C.
6. Mad Tea Party, just minor touch-up work, maybe some colored lighting so the ride could take on a whole new dimension at night.
7. Spaceship Earth
8. Tiki Room (get rid of the new management, old show with new digital soundtrack, lighting, etc.)
9. El Rio de tiempo (hey, if it's like small world, redo it like small world!)
10. Universe of Energy, general rehab, or a new show, either would do.

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by Chape19714
3. Pirates of the Carribean (FP anyone?)

Have you experienced long lines at POTC? Whenever we've gone this is one of the first rides we hit and it's always either empty or with a 10-minute wait. We've gone on the ride at night also and the same thing occurs.

figmentfan

What bugs me is the areas of Disney that are empty...........

1. Timekeeper ride- are we operating the ride seasonally, then what is seasonally? It was pretty busy on Memorial Day Weekend, and it was not open.

2. SkyWay Loading areas- These buildings are just sitting there, do something with them, not another meet and greet.

3. Image Works- Disney just blocks it off, but the attraction is still sitting up there collecting dust.

4. Wonders of Life- Same idea about Timekeeper, busy Memorial Day Weekend, and not open.

5. Innoventions- The building near to Journey Into Imagination is empty unless it is Flower and Garden Festival. Do something with it.

6. Odessay Restaurant- Loss cause. Only for special events. How about a nice restaurant or a ride in there instead.

7. Old Millenium Village Building- Empty, unless special events. Redo the building and put another country in there.

8. Superstar Television Studio- Another loss cause. What is going on with that building. Do something with it, bring back the Superstar TV, that was a good attraction.

9. Discovery Island- Reminds me of Jurassic Park. All those birds over there, they kinda own the island now.

Disney has so much potential in these areas to bring back old attractions, or expand the Disney Magic and build new attractions. I do not like seeing these buildings just sit there.

Chape19714

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
Have you experienced long lines at POTC? Whenever we've gone this is one of the first rides we hit and it's always either empty or with a 10-minute wait. We've gone on the ride at night also and the same thing occurs.

I've been to Disney when the lines for POTC were 30-60 min long. A FP would be nice, it is an E-ticket ride. I know when most of us go to Disney, non crowded times it's not to bad, but every once and a while, it's a long line!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom