What's next for Epcot 2024 and Beyond

SpectroMickey85

Original Poster
I did not see a thread specifically for this. What things do we think may or will happen going into 2024 and beyond?
A few things on my list are:

*Something being done with Test Track... Not sure what.

*Mission Space...🤮 1000% needs to be bulldozed! ANYHING would be better than this crap!

*Spaceship Earth overhaul, or rather Disney going back to the prior plans to do so.

*Journy Into Imagination... obviously hahaha

*And lastly Soarin. I feel this may also need a major overhaul. At least id LOVE to see them revert back the original soundtrack!

James Alucobond

Operationally, Spaceship Earth needs to happen soon. Other than that, The Land and The Seas could use interior refreshes, Soarin’ will probably need to be at least slightly updated since the ending shows old Future World, Wonders of Life should be back on the table, Imagination obviously needs attention, and additional attractions in World Showcase continue to be needed full stop. Luckily, other than Spaceship Earth, none of the necessities should be all that disruptive to the overall function of the park.

Homemade Imagineering

I’d love to say Imagination or SSE Update in the foreseeable future, but I am positive TWDC would beg to differ
IMG_1458.jpeg

SpectreJordan

I imagine Mission: Space will be on the chopping block soon enough. The costs for that's ride upkeep can't be worth those pathetic wait times it gets. I'd much rather have them replace the WOL Pavillion first, but that thing is probably so far gone that it'd be cheaper (& thus more likely) to rip out Mission: Space first.

Test Track isn't going anywhere. It's popular enough with guests, even if I find it pretty mid.

Imagination 100% needs a remake too. Figment merch already sells like hotcakes, but imagine if he had a good ride to go along with all that merch; it'd probably sell even better.

Tha Realest

Here’s the problem with Epcot. It’s gotten a ton of money in the form of new rides (great!) and really unnecessary World Celebration and Play! construction. But it still desperately needs a lot of work on SSE, Imagination, and as others have mentioned Mission Space. I just don’t see them pouring more money in, especially since DAK appears to be next for upgrades.

SpectreJordan

Have they done anything with Play? It seems like they gave up early on. They should really just cut their losses & make it a ride or show.

TTA94

For Soarin I would love them to at least change the soundtrack back to the original. But the whole attraction could use a overhaul. As most of us know if you don’t get the middle section you see a tilted mountain and Eiffel Tower lol.

Smugpugmug

A refurb of Spaceship Earth needs to happen above all else. The descent portion is embarrassingly outdated and the camera that takes your photo doesn't work half the time from my experience. It doesn't deserve to be in the rough condition it's in right now, especially since it's THE icon of the park.

Half of me is afraid of how Disney would change the show scenes, though.

StantonZ

They just built a big restaurant next to Mission Space (that is quite good and does quite well), so I don't think they would have kept that theming if they were going to tear down M:S. Now that GotG is complete, I don't think anything is going to happen to that side of the park save "normal" maintenance. I think the (old) ride system in SSE will eventually force their hand to do the refurb they avoided during the pandemic, and we all wish there was a "better" version of Imagination...but not sure there's enough motivation (or Imagineers) to do that anytime soon. So--as stated above--I don't think much will happen once the center portion is complete (whenever that is).

Tha Realest

They just built a big restaurant next to Mission Space (that is quite good and does quite well), so I don't think they would have kept that theming if they were going to tear down M:S. Now that GotG is complete, I don't think anything is going to happen to that side of the park save "normal" maintenance. I think the (old) ride system in SSE will eventually force their hand to do the refurb they avoided during the pandemic, and we all wish there was a "better" version of Imagination...but not sure there's enough motivation (or Imagineers) to do that anytime soon. So--as stated above--I don't think much will happen once the center portion is complete (whenever that is).
I agree with all this. I think Journey waits until the film is ever released, and based on its reception

James Alucobond

I worked at two different Disney stores that had all their hardwood flooring replaced only to be shuttered months later, so I never take this to mean all that much.
Not to mention that the Mission: SPACE facade and courtyard still hold up nicely and could continue to work well even if they led to a wholly different attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom